Madina 40 sections. 286 verses.
PART-1 (Alif Lam
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif-Lam Mim (Individual Letters of Arabic Alphabet)
2. That high ranked Book (Quran) whereof there is no place of doubt,
it there is guidance to the God-fearing.
3. Who believe without seeing, and establish prayer and spend in Our
path, out of Our provided subsistence.
4. And who believe in what has been sent down towards you, O beloved
prophet! And what has been sent down before you and are convinced of
the Last Day.
5. They alone are on the guidance from their Lord and they alone are
6. Surely, as to those who are destined to infidelity, it is alike
whether you warn them or warn them not, they will never believe.
7. Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their ears, and over
their eyes there is a dark covering, and for them is great torment.
8. And some people say, 'We have believed in Allah and the Last Day'
yet they are not to believe.
9. They seek to deceive Allah and the believers, and in fact, they
deceive not but their own souls, and they perceive not.
10. In their hearts is a disease, so Allah has increased their
and for them is a painful torment, the recompense of their lies.
11. And when it is said to them, create not disorder on the earth,
say, 'we are but reformats'.
12. Be-ware! It is they who are the mischief-makers, but they
13. And when it is said to them 'believe as others have believed,'
say, 'shall we believe as fools', believe, Beware! It is they who
the fools, but they do not know.
14. And when they meet believers, they say, 'we believe', and when
are alone with their devils, they say, 'we are with you, we are only
15. Allah mocks at them (Befitting His Dignity) and leaves them to
wander about in their contumacy.
16. They are those people who purchased error for guidance but their
trade earned them no profit, and they indeed knew not the way of
17. Their example is like the one who kindled a fire, so when it lit
all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in
where nothing is seen.
18. Deaf, Dumb, blind, so they are not to return.
19. Or like a rain pouring from the sky. Wherein is darkness and
thunder and lightning, they thrust fingers in their ears because of
thunderclaps for fear of death and Allah has encompassed the
20. It so "seems that the lightning, would snatch away the, sights
whenever there is some flashing they walk therein and when it is
they stand still, and if Allah willed He would have taken away their
ears and sights, surely Allah can do everything.
21. O mankind! Worship your Lord Who has created you and those
you, haply you may become pious.
22. And Who made the earth a bed for you, and the sky a structure
caused water to come down from heaven hence brought forth therewith
some fruits for your food, therefore do not set up equals for Allah
23. And if you are in some doubt, concerning what We sent down upon
special devotee, then bring one chapter like it, and call upon all
helpers beside Allah, if you are truthful.
24. Then if you cannot bring and We declare that you can never
hence dread the fire whose fuel is men and stones, is prepared for
25. And give glad tidings to those who accepted faith and did good
deeds, that for them there are gardens under which flow streams.
Whenever they would be provided with a fruit to eat, they would say
seeing its shape this is the same substance which we got before and
that was given to them resembling in shape, and for them there are
mates and therein they will abide for ever.
26. Surely, Allah not ashamed of describing any thing for
be it a gnat or above it, hence those who accepted faith, they know
that it is the truth from their Lord, and those who are disbeliveers
they say, "What does Allah mean by such a similitude". Allah sends
astray many by it and guides many and Bends astray those by it who
27. Those who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and
sever that which Allah ordered to join and spread disorder in the
earth, they are the only losers.
28. How you will disbelieve in Allah, whereas, you were dead, He
you life, then will cause you to die then again will give you life,
then towards Him you will return.
29. He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth, then
toward the heaven, then formed seven heavens correctly and He knows
and every thing.
30. And recall when your Lord said to the Angels, I am about to
vice-generate in the earth, they said, "will You place such who will
spread disorder and shed blood'? And We praise You commending You
sanctify You; He told, 'I know what you know not'.
31. And Allah the Exalted taught the names of all things to Adam.
presenting all shines before the Angels said, "Tell the names of
if you are truthful."
32. They said 'Sanctity to You", We know nothing, but what You
us, no doubt, You alone are the Knower and the Wise.
33. He "said, "O Adam tell them the names of all shines, when Adam
informed them of the names of all, He told, had I not told you that
know all the hidden things of the beavers and earth, and I know
whatever you disclose and whatever you hide.
34. And recall, when We ordered the angels to prostrate before Adam,
then all prostrated save Iblis. He refused, boasted, and became
35. And We said, "O Adam dwell you and your wife in this (paradise)
eat freely thereof where you will but do not approach this tree lest
you become of the transgressors.
36. Then Satan made them slip and got them out from the place where
they lived, and We said, "get down, one of you is the enemy of the
other and you have to stay in the earth and to make use of it for a
37. Then Adam learnt certain words from his Lord so Allah accepted
penitence. Surely, He is the alone most Relenting, Merciful.
38. We said, "you all get down from the paradise then if any
comes to you from Me, then who-so-ever followed My guidance, they
no fear nor any grieve.
39. And those who disbelieve and shall belie My signs, they are the
people of the hell, they have to live in it forever.
40. O Children of Yaqoob recall My, that favour which I bestowed
you and fulfil My covenant, I shall fulfil your covenant and dread
41. And believe in what I sent down confirming that which is with
and be not the first rejecter of it and accept not small price for
signs and dread Me alone.
42. And confound not the truth with falsehood and conceal not the
43. And establish prayer and pay the Zakat (Poor due) and bow with
those who bow.
44. Do you order righteousness to mankind and forget yourselves
you read the Book? Then, have you no sense?
45. And seek help in patience and prayer, and surely, the prayer is
hard indeed save to those, who lean towards Me with their hearts.
46. Who are sure that they have to meet their Lord and to return
47. O. Children of Yaqoob recall My favour, which I bestowed upon
and exalted you over the entire world in your time.
48. And fear the day, when no soul shall be a substitute for
and nor any Intercession be accepted for the infidels and nor his
be freed for any compensations and nor shall they be helped.
49. And recall when We delivered you from the Pharaoh's people that
afflicted you with grievous torment, slaughtering your sons and
your daughters alive and in this, there was a great trial or great
reward from your Lord.
50. And when We divided the river for you then saved you and drowned
pharaohs' people before your eyes.
51. And We made a promise of forty night' with Moses, then after
you began worshipping a calf and you were unjust.
52. Then We pardoned you after that, so that you might be grateful.
53. And when We gave the Book to Moses and Criterion to judge
right and wrong, so that you might be on right path.
54. And when Moses said to his people, "O my people, you have do"
injustice to your souls by taking the Calf, turn therefore towards
Creator then kill amongst your selves each other. That is better for
you with your Creator, so He accepted your penitence. Surely, He is
alone the most Relenting, Merciful.
55. And when you said, "O Moses, we shall never believe you, until
see Allah manifestly, then the thunder bolt overtook you, while you
56. Then We made you alive after your death, so that you might be
57. And We made cloud your shade and sent down on you Manna and
eat of Our good things, provided by Us, and they did no harm to Us,
they had harmed their own souls.
58. And when We said, "Go into this town, then eat freely therefrom
wherever you will, and enter the gate prostrating and say, 'forgive
sins', We shall forgive your sins end it is possible that more be
to the right doers.
59. Then the unjust changed the words beside that which had been
so We sent down upon them a scourge from heaven, in lieu of their
60. And when Moses asked water for his people, then We said, "Strike
this rock with your staff," atone, there gushed forth twelve springs
therefrom. Each group knew its drinking place. Eat and drink of what
Allah has provided and do not wander in the earth raising mischief.
61. And when you said, "O Moses, we will not remain content with one
food, pray then to your Lord, that He bring forth for us of what the
earth grows, some vegetables and cucumbers and wheat and lentils and
onions," said, "Do you demand inferior thing in exchange of the
superior?" Well get down in Egypt or in any city, there you shall
that which you demanded, and humiliation and poverty were stamped
them and drew-in the wrath of Allah. This was in lieu of their
of the Signs of Allah and slaying the prophets unjustly. This was
to their disobedience and transgression.
62. Surely, those who believe, and the Jews and the Christians and
Sabians, whoever have faith with true hearts in Allah and in the
Last-day and do good deeds, their reward is with their Lord, and
shall he no fear for them nor any grief.
63. And when We took a covenant from you and raised high above you
mount Toor, hold firmly to what We give you, and remember what is
therein, in the hope that you may become God-fearing.
64. Then you turned back thereafter, so if there had been no Grace
Allah and His mercy upon you, then you would have been among the
65. And, undoubtedly, you surely know, those among you who rebelled
the matter of Saturday (Sabbath). So We said to them, "Be Apes,
66. Thus, We made this event of that town a warning to those of the
present and to those after them and a lesson to the God-fearing.
67. And when Moses said to his people, "Allah commands you to
a cow". They said, "you make us a laughingstock". He said, "refuge
Allah, that I be among the ignorant".
68. They said, "pray to your Lord that He tell to us, what kind of
cow, is," he said, "says He, she is a cow, neither old nor immature,
but in between both", so do what you are commanded.
69. They said, "Pray to your Lord that He tell to us what her colour
is," he said, 'says He, she is a yellow cow, whose colour is
deep, delightful to the beholders.
70. They said, "Pray to Your Lord that He explain clearly to us,
kind of cow is that. Certainly, we have become dubious about cows,
if Allah wills, we shall get the guidance.
71. (Moses) said, "Says He, that she is a cow, no service is taken
her nor she ploughs the earth, nor water the filth, unblemish in
there is no spot. They said, "now you brought the truth, then they
slaughtered her and were not willing to slaughter.
72. And when you shed blood, then began accusing for it each other
Allah was to disclose what you were hiding.
73. Then We said, "strike with a part of that cow to the slain.
thus will give life to the dead and shows you His Signs, so that you
74. Then, thereafter your hearts hardened, then they are like
but harder than these; and of stones there are some from which
gush forth and some are those which split, then water comes
and there are some which fall down for fear of Allah, and Allah is
unmindful of your doings.
75. Then O Muslims! Do you covet that the Jews would believe you?
one group of them was that which used to hear the words of Allah,
used to pervert it knowingly after having understood it.
78. And when they meet Muslims, they say, 'we accepted the faith',
when they are alone among themselves, then they say, "Do you explain
Muslims that knowledge which Allah disclosed to you, that they
argue with you before your Lord. Have you no wisdom?
77. Do they not know that Allah knows all that they conceal and all
that they disclose?
78. And some of them are illiterate who do not know the Book, but
reading or their own false notions and they are in mere supposition.
79. Then there is woe for them who write the Book with their own
and then say, "this is from Allah", so that they may gain small
in lieu of it. Then there is woe for them for the writings of their
hands and woe to them for such earning.
80. And they said, "the fire shall not touch us except for numbered
days", Say then, have you taken a promise from Allah, then Allah,
never break His Promise. Or you say about Allah that which you do
81. Aye, why not, who so earns vice and his sin encompasses him, he
one among the people of the hell, they have to remain therein
82. And those, who accepted faith and did good works. They are the
people of Paradise. They have to remain therein forever.
83. And when We took covenant from the children of Israel that
none save Allah and do good to parents and to kindred, and orphans
the needy and speak good to people and establish prayer and pay the
poor-due (Zakat); then you turned back, except a few among you and
84. And when We took a covenant from you, that shed no blood of your
own and turn not out your own people from your own towns, then you
affirmed it and you are witnesses.
85. Then it is you who began slaying your own people and turn out a
group of your own people from their homeland, provide help to (their
opponents) against them in sin and transgression, and if they come
you as captive, you ransom them, and their expulsion is unlawful for
you. Do you then have faith on some commandments of God and refuse
other. Then whose of you do such, what is the reward of it, save
disgrace in the world, and on the day of Resurrection, they shall be
driven towards severest torment, and Allah is not unaware of your
86. These are the people who purchased the life of the world for the
life of Hereafter, so neither the torment shall be lightened from
them nor they shall be helped.
87. And verily, We gave Moses the Book and after him send Messengers
one after another, repeatedly, and gave clear signs to Jesus son of
Mary and helped him with the Holy Spirit. Then, do you grow
when any Messenger came to you with what your soul desires not? So
belie you a group of them (Prophets) and slay another group.
88. The Jews said, "our hearts are wrapped with covers, Nay Allah
cursed them because of their blasphemy, so little of them accept
89. And when there came to them, that Book (Quran) of Allah, which
confirms the Book (Taurat) with them, and before that they were
for victory over the infidels by means of the same prophet. Then,
came to them that known and recognised one, they rejected him. So
Allah's curse on those who reject.
90. They sold their souls, for what a miserable price that they deny
what Allah has sent down, with this jealousy that, Allah of His
send revelation on whomsoever of His devotees He pleases. Thus they
became worthy of wrath upon wrath and there is humiliating torment
91. And when it is said to them, "Have faith in what Allah has sent
down," then they say, 'We have faith in what has been sent down to
and reject the rest, though it is the truth confirming what is with
them. Say you, 'why did you then kill former prophets, if you had
upon your Book'?
92. And assuredly, Moses came to you with clear signs, then after
you made the calf a god and you were unjust.
93. And recall, when We took a covenant from you and raised above
heads the mountain Tur, hold what We give to you with firmness and
listen. They said, 'We heard and did not accept,' and the calf was
permeating in their hearts because of their infidelity. Say then!
a vile command is given to you by your faith, if at all you have
94. Say you: 'if the last home near Allah be for you solely, not for
others, then well long for death, if you are truthful.
95. And they will never long for it ever, because of their evil
which they have done before, and Allah knows the unjust well.
96. And undoubtedly, you will find them that they are necessarily
covetous of life even more than of all the people. And of idolaters,
one is desirous of having a life of thousand years, and that will
keep him away from the torment, even being granted such life. And
is seeing their doings.
97. Say you, 'whoever be the enemy of Jibril- then he (Jibril)
to descend on your heart this Quran by the Command of Allah,
the former Books, and there is guidance and glad tidings to
98. Whoever be the enemy of Allah and His angels and His Messengers
Jibril and Mikael, then Allah is the enemy of infidels.
99. And undoubtedly, We sent down towards you manifest Signs; and
would be denying them but the disobedients.
100. And is it that whenever they enter into a covenant, one party
them throws it out' Nay; most of them have no faith?
101. And when came to them a Messenger from Allah confirming their
Books. A party of the people of the Book threw away the Book of
behind their backs, as if they had no knowledge.
102. And they followed that which was being recited by the devils in
the reign of Suleman and Suleman did not disbelieve, yes; the devils
disbelieved. They teach magic to people and that (Magic) which was
down unto the two angels Harut & Marut in Babel. But both did teach
nothing to anyone till they did not say this, "We are nothing but
trial", then do not therefore lose your faith. They learnt that from
them by which they might cause separation between man and his wife,
they can not harm anyone, but by the command of Allah. And they
that which will harm them, and will not profit. And undoubtedly,
know that one who took this trade, has no share in the hereafter and
undoubtedly, what the evil thing is that for which they sold their
souls, had they known!
103. And if they had accepted faith and kept themselves aloof from
sins, then there is better reward from Allah, had they known.
104. O men of faith do not say. Raina, but say humbly, respected
"Look upon us" and from very beginning listen carefully, and for the
disbeliveers is a grievous torment.
105. Those who are infidels, whether people of the book or
do not desire that any good should be sent down to you from your
and Allah chooses for His Mercy, whomsoever He pleases, and Allah is
106. When any verse We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, then shall
bring one better or the like thereof. Do you not know that Allah can
all and every thing?
107. Do you not know that the sovereignty of heavens and earth is
for Allah and beside Allah, you have neither any supporter nor
108. Do you wish to question your Messenger as Moses was questioned
before and whoever exchanges faith for unbelief, he rightly has gone
astray from the right path?
109. Many of the people of the Book desired, had you been turned
towards infidelity after faith! Out of sheer envy of their hearts,
after it that the truth has become manifest unto them, so leave them
and overlook, till Allah brings His command. Undoubtedly Allah is
powerful over every thing.
110. And keep up the prayer and pay Zakat (poor due) and whatever
you shall send forth for your souls, you shall find it with Allah.
Undoubtedly Allah is seeing your doings.
111. And the people of the Book spoke, 'None shall enter paradise,
he who be a Jew or Christian. These are their vain desires. Say, you
'Bring your proof, if you are truthful'.
112. Yes, why not, who submitted his face for Allah and is the doer
good, then his reward is with his Lord and they have neither any
nor any grief.
113. And the Jews spoke, '`The Christians are nothing," and
spoke; "The Jews are nothing," though they read the Book. Even thus
illiterates said the like of their saying. Then Allah will judge
between them on the Day of Judgement regarding that wherein they are
114. Who is more unjust than he who prevents the mosques of Allah
being mentioned the name of Allah, and strives to ruin them, it was
proper for them to enter the mosques but with fear. For them, there
disgrace in the world and for them, there is great torment in the
115. And east and west all is for Allah, then whichever side you
your face there is the face of Allah (The mercy of Allah inclined
towards you). Undoubtedly Allah is all Embracing, all Knowing.
116. And they say 'Allah has taken unto Himself a son', sanctity is
Him. Nay, whatever is in the heavens and is in the earth is His
possession. All are unto Him subservient.
117. The Originator of the heavens and the earth, and when He
any thing, then says to it only, 'Be and it becomes at once."
118. And the illiterates spoke, 'Why Allah speaks not to us or any
is being given to us. Likewise said those before them, similar to
saying. The hearts of these people and of those are alike.
We manifested the signs for the persons of firm faith.
119. Assuredly, We have sent you with the truth; bearer of glad
and a Warner and you shall not be questioned about the inmates of
120. And never the Jews and Christians will be pleased with you
you follow their Din (creed). Say then! 'The guidance of Allah is
only guidance', (O listener who he may be) if you become follower of
their desires, after the knowledge that has come to you, then no one
will be your protector from Allah and no helper.
121. Those who have been given the Book by Us, they recite it as it
ought to be, they alone have faith unto it and those who disbelieve
they alone are the losers.
122. O Children of Yaqoob! Remember My favour which I bestowed upon
and that I exalted you above all people of that period.
123. And fear the day when no soul shall be a substitute for another
and nor it shall be freed for any compensation, and nor any
intercession will profit the infidels and nor will they be helped.
124. And when his Lord tested Ibrahim with certain words then he
fulfilled them. Said He "I am to make you leader of the people,"
submitted he" and from my off springs". Said He, "My covenant does
reach to the unjust".
125. And recall! When We made this house a place of assembly for the
people and a place of safety, and make the station of Ibrahim a
of prayer and We enjoined strictly upon Ibrahim and Ismail to purify
well My house for those who go around it and those who stay therein
devotion and those who bow down and prostrate.
126. And when Ibrahim submitted "O my Lord make this City a region
peace and feed the inhabitants of it with varied fruits to such of
who believe in Allah and the Last Day,' said He, "and who became
unbeliever, to him also I will give a little to use, and then shall
force him towards the torment of the hell and that is an evil place
127. And when Ibrahim was raising the foundations of this house and
Ismail (too) praying, O Our Lord accept from us, undoubtedly, You
Hear and Know'.
128. 'O Our Lord! Make us submissive to You and of our offspring a
nation submissive to You, tell us our ways of worship, and turn to
with Your mercy. Surely, You alone are most Relenting and Merciful.
129. 'O Our Lord, and send in them a messenger from among
who may recite to them Your signs and teach them Your Book and wise
knowledge and may purify them well. Surely, You are alone the
Predominant, the Wise.
130. And who will turn his face from the religion of Ibrahim, save
one who is a foolish in heart, and undoubtedly, We necessarily,
chose him in the world and surely he is among the people having
ability to gain Our special proximity in the hereafter.
131. When his Lord said to him, "Surrender", submitted he, 'I
surrendered to Him, Who is the Lord of all the worlds'.
132. And Ibrahim left the legacy of the same religion to his sons
and Yaqoob too; that 'O my sons, surely Allah has chosen this
religion for you, therefore die not, but as Muslim.
133. On the contrary, some of you were present, when death came to
Yaqoob, when he said to his sons, 'whom you will worship after me',
said they 'we shall worship He Who is your God and of your fathers
Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaque, the one God and to Him we have
134. This is a community that has passed away, for them what they
earned and for you are what you earn and you shall not be questioned
for their deeds.
135. And the people of the book spoke, 'Be Jews or Christians, you
will get guidance'. Say you, 'on the contrary, we take the religion
of Ibrahim who was away from every falls-hood and was not among the
136. Say like this, 'we believe in Allah and what has been sent down
towards us and what was sent down on Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaque
and Yaqoob and on his son and what was given to Moses and Christ and
what was given to the rest of the prophets from their Lord: we do
not differentiate between any of them in the matter of faith and we
have submitted ourselves to Allah.
137. Then if they believe too, as you have believed then they are
guided, and if they turn back their faces, then they are but in
total schism. So, O beloved, prophet! Soon Allah will suffice you on
behalf of them. He is alone Hearing and Knowing.
138. We took the dye of Allah and whose dye is better than Allah and
We worship Him alone.
139. Say you! 'Do you dispute about Allah, though He is our Lord and
yours too; and our doings are with us and your doings with you, and
we belong totally to Him alone.
140. On the contrary, you say like this, that Ibrahim, and Ismail
and Ishaque and Yaqoob and his sons were Jews or Christians; say
then, 'have you more knowledge or Allah,' and who is more unjust
than he who conceals' the testimony and Allah is not unmindful of
141. That is a community that has passed away, for them is their
earning and for you is your earning and you shall not be questioned
of their works.
142. Now the fools will say: 'who has turned the Muslims from their
Qibla on which they had been? Say you: 'East and West all belong to
Allah; He guides whom He likes to the right path.
143. And thus We made you exalted among all nations that you may be
witnesses to the people and this Messenger your guard and witness.
And O, beloved! We had not made that Qibla upon which you had been
before, but to see who follows the Messenger and who turns back upon
his heals. And verily, indeed it was hard, but to those who were
guided by Allah. And it does not behave Allah that He might waste
your faith: Verily Allah is very Kind and Merciful to human beings.
144. We are seeing the turning of your face towards heaven
repeatedly; necessarily then We will turn you towards that Qibla
which pleases you. Turn your face towards the sacred mosque (Kaaba)
just now; and O Muslims! Turn your faces towards the same, whenever
you be. And those who; have been given the Book know necessarily,
that this is the truth from their Lord, and Allah is not unaware of
145. And even if you should, bring every sign to those people of the
Book, they would not follow your Qibla: And you follow not their
Qibla; and they are not followers of each other Qibla among
themselves too. And (O listener, whoever he may be) if you should
follow their desires after the knowledge that has been given to you,
then at that time, you shall surely be of the transgressors.
146. Those whom We gave the Book recognise this prophet as man
recognises his sons and no doubt, a group of them conceal the truth
147. (O Listener) It is the truth from your Lord (or the truth is
that which is from your Lord) then beware! Doubt not.
148. And there is a direction of inclination for every one towards
which, he turns his face; then desire that you may surpass others in
good deeds. Wherever you be, Allah will bring you all together. No
doubt, Allah has the power to do all that He wills.
149. And from where so ever you come forth turn your face towards
the sacred Mosque (Kaaba) and that is necessarily, the truth from
your Lord and Allah is not unaware of your doings.
150. And O beloved! When so-ever you come forth turn your face
towards the sacred Mosque (Kaaba) And O Muslims! Turn your faces
towards the same, wherever you be, so that people may have no
argument against you, but those among them who do injustice, so fear
them not and fear Me. And it is for this that I may perfect My
favour upon you and that you may be rightly guided.
151. As We sent in you Messenger from among you, that he recites Our
signs to you and purifies you and teaches you the Book and mature
knowledge and teaches you that which you did not know.
152. Therefore remember Me, I shall remember you, and accept My
right and do not be ungrateful to Me.
153. O believers! Seek help with patience and prayer; no doubt,
Allah is with the Patients.
154. And say not those who are killed in the path of Allah as dead;
but they are alive yes, you are unaware.
155. And necessarily, We shall put you to test with something of
fear and hunger and with some loss of wealth and lives and fruits;
and give glad tidings to the patient.
156. That when any calamity comes to them, then they say "We are
belongings of Allah and we are to return to Him alone."
157. These are the people on whom are the benediction from their
Lord and mercy; and they are only on the guidance.
158. No doubt, Safa and Marwa are among the symbols of Allah, then
whose makes pilgrimage to this House or performs "Umra", there is no
sin for him that he may go round both, and who so does any good
voluntarily, then Allah is Appreciating and All-knowing.
159. No doubt, those who conceal what We have sent down of clear
signs and guidance after that We have made it clear in the Book for
the people, on them there is the curse of Allah and the curse of
those who curse.
160. But those who repent and amend and make manifest then I shall
accept their repentance and I am the only Relenting Merciful.
161. No doubt, those who disbelieved and died as disbeliveers on
them is the curse of Allah and of Angels and of men combined.
162. They will ever remain in it, neither the torment shall be
lightened from them and nor shall they be granted respite.
163. And your God is one God, there is no God but He most Gracious
164. Verily, the creation of heavens and earth and coming of night
and day alternately, and the boat that sails in the river for the
benefit of the people, and that which Allah sends down of water from
heaven, and revives the dead earth thereby and scatters all kinds of
beast therein, and the change of winds and the cloud that is
obedient between heaven and earth, in all of them, necessarily there
are signs for the wise people.
165. And some people set some other deities of worship other than
Allah that they love them as they are to love Allah and the
believers love not anyone equal to that of Allah. And what would be
the condition, if the transgressors see the time when the torments
would come before their eyes, because all power belongs to Allah and
because the torment of Allah is severe.
166. When those who were followed would be disgusted with their
followers and would see the torment and all their ties shall be cut
167. And the followers will say, 'Would that for us there were a
return (in the world) then We would have broken with them as they
have broken with us. Thus will Allah show them their works as
anguish for them, and they are not to come out from the Fire.
168. O, Mankind! Eat of whatever is in earth lawful clean and follow
not the steps of the Devil, no doubt, he is your open enemy.
169. He will only command you to evil and indecency and that you
should say of Allah what you do not know.
170. And when it is said to them, 'follow what Allah has sent down,
they say, 'Nay We shall follow that whereon we found our fathers,
what! Even if their fathers had no sense at all and no guidance?
171. And the saying of disbeliveers is like him who calls unto that
who hears nothing except a shout and cry; deaf, dumb, blind, so they
have no sense.
172. O, believers! Eat our good things provided to you, and be
grateful to Allah, if it is He whom you worship.
173. He has only made unlawful to you the Carrion, and blood and the
flesh of swine and the animal that has been slaughtered by calling a
name other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, eat
neither desiring not, exceeding the need then there is no sin on
him, no doubt, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
174. Those who conceal the Book sent down by Allah and in exchange
of it accept mean price; they fill-in their bellies with fire only
and Allah will not talk to them on the Day of Resurrection and nor
will He purify them and for them is painful torment.
175. Those are they who purchased error in exchange of guidance and
torment for forgiveness. Then to what degree is their endurance for
176. This is because Allah sent down the Book with truth, and no
doubt, those who began to put difference in the Book, they are
necessarily, brawlers of highest degree.
177. The real righteousness is not this that you turn your face
towards East or West; yes, the real virtue is this that one has
faith in Allah and the Last day and the angels and the Book and the
Prophets and gives his dear wealth for love of Allah to kindred and
orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars and for
redeeming necks, and establishes prayer and pays poor due (Zakat);
and the performer of their promises when make promise and the
patients in tribulation and adversity and at time of crusade;-These
are they, who proved truth of their talks and they are only
178. O, believers: It is obligatory upon you to take retaliation of
the blood of those who are killed innocently, the. Free for free and
the slave for slave and woman for woman. Then as for him who is
forgiven something by his brother, there should be demand for
payment with kindness and the payment be made satisfactorily well.
This is to ease your burden from your Lord and a mercy upon you.
Then after this one who transgresses for him there is painful
179. And there is life for you in retaliating for blood, O men of
understanding! So that you may save yourselves.
180. Made obligatory on you that when death approaches any of you,
if he leaves some property, then he should make a will for his
parents and near relatives according to usage. This is an obligation
on those who fear God.
181. Then who so changes the will after hearing, the sin thereof is
only on those who change it. No doubt, Allah knows and hears.
182. Then who feared, that the testator has done certain injustice
or sin, then he made peace between them, there is no sin for him no
doubt Allah is Forgiving Merciful.
183. O believers! Fasting have been made obligatory upon you as were
made obligatory upon those before you, so that you may become pious.
184. The days are counted. Then who so among you is ill or on a
journey then same number of fasting in other days, and those who
have no strength, they should give in ransom meal to a needy: then
who so does more good voluntarily, then that is better for him, and
fasting is better for you if you know.
185. The month of Ramzan in which Quran was sent down, the direction
for the people and guidance and clear signs of judgement; that whoso
of you finds this month, necessarily, he should fast in it, and
whoso is ill or on a journey then same number of fasting in other
days; Allah desires facility for you and desires not hardship and
for this, that you should complete the counting and speak of the
Greatness of Allah, as He guided you and so that you may be
186. And O beloved, when My bondsmen ask you about Me, then I am
indeed near, accept the call of the caller when he calls upon Me;
then they should obey My Commands and believe in Me, so that they
may get the way.
187. It was made lawful for you to go near your women in the nights
of fasting. They are your garments and you are their garments. Allah
know that you used to put your souls in defalcation, then He
accepted your repentance and pardoned you; then now copulate
(Intercourse) with them and seek what Allah has written in your
destiny and eat and drink until white thread becomes distinct to you
from the black thread at the dawn; then complete the fasts till
coming of night, and do not touch the women when you remain in the
mosques, for devotion. These are the limits of Allah, do not
approach them. Allah thus describes His Signs to the people, so that
they may become pious.
188. And do not eat up unjustly the property of each other among
yourselves and nor' convey their cases to the authorities for
devouring unlawfully some portion of the property of the people
189. They ask you about the new moons. Say you, 'They are the signs
of time for the people and pilgrimage (Haj). And it is no virtue
that you enter your houses by the backs thereof, yes, the virtue is
piety, so come in houses by their doors and fear Allah in the hope
that you may get prosperity.
190. And fight in the way of Allah, those who fight against you and
do not transgress, Allah does not love the transgressors.
191. And kill the infidels wherever you find and turn them out from
the place where from they turned you out; and their mischief is more
grievous than killing. And if they fight them near the sacred mosque
unless they fight you therein, and they fight against you then kill,
them. This is the only punishment of infidels.
192. Then if they desist, then no doubt, Allah is Forgiving
193. And fight them until there is no mischief and be there worship
of one Allah, then if they desist, there is no violence save against
194. There is forbidden month in exchange of forbidden month and
elegant manner in exchange of elegant manner Whoso does violence
against you, do violence against him in the same measure as he did,
and remain tearing Allah and know that Allah is with the
195. And spend in the way of Allah, and cast not yourself in
destruction with your hand and be good-doers; no doubt! Good doers
are the beloveds of Allah.
196. And fulfil the Haj and Umra for Allah. Then if you are
prevented, send sacrifice which you may get easily and shave not
your heads, unless the sacrifice reaches its destination; Then whoso
is ill of you or there is some ailment in his head, then he should
keep fast in exchange or give alms or sacrifice, then when you are
at ease, then whoso takes advantage by combining Umra with Haj, on
him there is sacrifice which may be obtained easily. Then whoso
cannot afford. He should fast for three days during Haj and seven
days when he returns back home, these are ten days complete. This
Command is for him who is not the dweller of Mecca and remains
fearing to Allah and knows that the torment of Allah is severe.
197. The months of Haj are known; then whoso determines to perform
Haj in these months, then there should be no mention of Copulation
before women nor any sin nor quarrelling with anyone till the time
of Haj; and whatever good you do, Allah knows it. And take necessary
provision with you, the best provision is piety and remain fearing
Me, O Men of under standing!
198. There is no sin unto you that you seek the bounty of your Lord.
Then when you return back from 'Arafat' remembers Allah near
Mashhare-Haram (Qazah Mountain) and remembers Him as He guided you
and no doubt, you had gone astray before.
199. Then the thing is this that O Men of Quraish, you also return
back from the same place whence the people return back and seek
forgiveness from Allah: no doubt Allah is Forgiving Merciful.
200. Then when you have completed the acts of Haj, remember Allah as
you used to remember your fathers, but more than that, and some one
says like this, 'O our Lord give us in the world and there is no
share of him in the Hereafter.
201. And someone says like this, 'O our Lord give us good in the
world and give us good in the Hereafter and save us from the torment
of the Hell
202. To such people there is share from their earning and Allah is
swift at reckoning.
203. And remember Allah during Numbered days. Then whoso hastens to
leave in two days; there is no sin unto him and whoso stays behind,
then on him is no sin for the God fearing, and remain fearing God
and know that you have to be raised unto Him.
204. And some one of men is he whose talk seems pleasing to you and
bring Allah as a witness on what is in his heart, while he is the
205. And when he turns his back then wanders spreading mischief in
the land and destroys the crops and lives and Allah agrees not with
the mist chief.
206. And when it is said to him, 'fear Allah' then he becomes more
persistence in sin, to such the hell is enough and that is
necessarily, a very bad bed.
207. And some one of men sells his life in seeking the pleasure of
Allah and Allah is Merciful over his bondmen.
208. O people of Faith! enter into Islam as a whole and do not
follow the footsteps of Satan (devil); no doubt, he is your open
209. And even after this, that clear commands have come unto you,
you slip, then know that Allah is Mighty, Wise.
210. What they are waiting for but for this that the torment of
Allah should come in the coverings of clouds and the angels should
come down and the affairs be completed and to Allah are all affairs
211. Ask children of Israel, how many clear signs We gave them and
whoso changes the favour of Allah after it has come, then no doubt,
the torment of Allah is severe.
212. The life of the world has been decorated in the eyes of
infidels and they laugh at Muslims and those who fear would be above
them on the Day of Resurrection; and God bestows without counting
whomsoever He pleases.
213. People were on one religion thereafter Allah sent prophets
giving good tidings and warning and sent down with them the true
Book that it should judge between people in their differences. And
only those differed in the Book to whom it was given after clear
commands had come to them, through refraction among themselves. Then
Allah showed the truth to the believers in which they were
quarrelling by His Command, and Allah shows the straight path
whomsoever He pleases.
214. Do you imagine that you will enter Paradise, and yet the
incidents like of your forerunners did not come unto you? The
affliction and adversity reached to them and they were badly shaken
until the messenger and believers along with him said, 'when will
come the help of Allah Listen: no doubt, the help of Allah is nigh.
215. They ask you what they should spend. Say: whatever wealth you
spend in good, then that is for parents and near relatives and
orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. And whatsoever good you do,
no doubt: Allah knows it.
216. It was made obligatory upon you, to fight in the path of God
and though it is disliked by you, and it may happen that any thing
may be disliked by you and that may be in your favour, and it may
happen that anything may be liked by you and that may not be in your
favour, and Allah knows and you do not know.
217. They ask you the precept for fighting in the sacred month. Say
you: 'Fighting therein is a great sin; but to prohibit from the way
of Allah, and not to have faith in Him and to prevent from the
sacred Mosque (Haram) and to oust its dwellers, are greater sins
than it with Allah; and their mischief is more grievous than
killing. And they will remain fighting against you always, until
they turn you back from your faith, if they can. And whoso among you
turns back from his faith, then dies as an infidel, then their works
shall go in vain in the world and in the Hereafter, and they are the
people of Hell and will abide in it.
218. Those who believed and those who left their home and hearth for
Allah and fought in the way of Allah, they are the aspirants of the
mercy of Allah and Allah is Forgiving Merciful.
219. They ask you the precept of wine and gambling. Say you, 'in
both there is great sin and also some worldly profit for the people
but their sin is greater than their profit and ask you what they
ought to spend, say you, 'that which is saved after your needs'.
Thus, Allah explains to you His Signs so that you may do after
220. The works of the world and the Hereafter. And they ask you, the
precept about orphans. Say you, 'To do good to them is better, and
if you intermix your and their expenses then they are your brothers;
and Allah knows well the mischief-maker from the reformer. And had
Allah so willed, He would have put you into hardship, no doubt,
Allah is Mighty, Wise.
221. And marry not idolaters until they accept faith and no doubt, a
Muslim bondman is better than an idolater is though she may please
you. And give not in marriage to idolaters until they accept faith,
and no doubt, a Muslim bondman is better than an idolater, though he
may please you. They call towards Hell and Allah call towards Heaven
and forgiveness by His Command and explain His Signs for the people
so that they may accept admonition.
222. And they ask you the precept about menstruation. Say you: -
that is a pollution, so keep away from women during menstruation and
do not approach them until they are roach them until they are clean.
Then when they are clean, go in unto them whence Allah has commanded
you. No doubt, Allah likes the constant repentance and likes
223. Your women are tilths for you, then come in your tilth as you
will, and do first the work for your good, and remain fearing Allah
and know that you are to meet Him. And O beloved! Give glad tidings
to the believers.
224. And make not Allah the target of your oaths that you may take
oath for not doing good and nor fearing Allah and nor making peace
between men; and Allah Hears, Knows.
225. Allah does not call you to account for your such oaths as they
come out from your tongs unintentionally, yes, He calls you to
account for what your hearts have done, and Allah is Forgiving, For"
226. For those who swear off from going to their wives is an
awaiting of four months; hence if they go back in this period, then
Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
227. And if you decide firmly to divorce, then Allah Hears, Knows.
228. And divorced women should keep their souls away till three
menstruations, and it is not lawful to them that they conceal what
Allah has created in their wombs. If they have faith in Allah and
the Last Day. And their husbands have the right to take them back
during that period provided they will to rejoin. And the women have
rights similar to those over them according to law, and men have
superiority over them and Allah is Dominant, Wise.
229. This divorce is for two times only; then is to retain with good
or to release with kindness, and it is not allowed to you to take
back something of what you have given to the women, but if both fear
that they could not keep the limits of Allah. Then, if you fear that
the Twain shall not remain just on the same limits then there is no
sin on them for that with which the woman ransoms herself. These are
the limits of Allah, do not transgress them, and whoso transgresses
the limits of Allah, then they are the oppressors.
230. Then if she is divorced for the third time, then that women
will not be lawful to him, until she lives with another husband,
then if that second one divorces her, then there is no sin on the
twain if they come together again, if they think that they will
observe the limits of Allah, and these are the limits of Allah. He
explains them for the learned.
231. And when you divorce women and their period are completed,
then, till that time either retain them kindly or release them
kindly, but there should not be retention to hurt them so that you
may transgress the limit and whoso does this, he wrongs his own
soul, and do not make jest of the signs of Allah and remember the
favour of Allah upon you and the Book and Wisdom which He has sent
down to you for admonishing you, and remain fearing Allah and know
that Allah knows all things.
232. And when you divorce women and their period are completed, then
O guardians of women! Prevent them not from marrying their husbands,
when they agree among themselves according to law. This counsel is
given to him who among you have faith in Allah and the Last Day.
This is cleaner and purer for you, and Allah knows and you do not
233. And mothers should suckle their children for complete two
years, for him who intends to complete the period of suckling, and
to whom the child belongs, on him there is feeding and clothing of
the women according to convention. No soul shall be burdened but
within his capacity, the mother should not be made to suffer because
of her child and nor father because of his child or (the mother
should not make the child to suffer, and nor father to his child,
and the same is incumbent on the father's heir. Then if the mother
and father both try to wean by mutual consent and consultation,
there is no sin on them; and if you wish that your children should
be suckled by nurses, then too there is no blame on you, provided
what was agreed to pay is paid by you with kindness, and remain
fearing Allah and know that Allah is seeing your works.
234. And those of you who die and leave behind wives, they should
keep themselves apart for a period of four months and ten days, then
when they complete their period, then O guardians! There is no blame
on you in anything, which the women do with regard to themselves
according to law. And Allah is aware what you do.
235. And there is no sin on, you regarding this, that you sent offer
of marriage to women by giving obscure hint or hold it in your
hearts. Allah knows that now you will remember them. Yes, make not
with them secret contract, but say that much only which is known in
law. And do not resolve wedding-tie until the written term reaches
to its period and know that Allah knows what is in your heart, then
fear him and know that Allah is Forgiving, Forbearing
236. There is no any demand against you if you divorce the women
while you have not touched them or have fixed any dower. And give
them something to carry on with the men of resources according to
his means and the poor according to his means some" thing to carry
on with, this is incumbent on the well doers.
237. And if you divorced women without touching them and for them
you had already fixed some dower, then what much was agreed half of
it is incumbent but if the women forgo something or he gives more in
whose hand is the tied of the marriage, and O men your giving more
is nearer to' piety. And do not forget doing good to each other
among! Your selves. No doubt, Allah is seeing your works.
238. Watch over all your prayers and the middle prayer and stand
before Allah with devotion.
239. And if you are in fear then, on foot or riding, as you can,
then when you are secure remember Allah as He taught you that which
you did not know.
240. And those of you who die and leave behind them wives, they
should bequeath for their women to provide them maintenance for a
year without turning them out; then if they themselves leave, you
are not accountable regarding any proper thing which they did in
their matters and Allah is Dominant, Wise.
241. And for a divorced woman too there is proper maintenance, it is
incumbent on the God fearing
242. Thus Allah explains His signs for you so that you may
243. O beloved! Had you not seen those who came out from their homes
and they were in thousands for fear of death? Then Allah said to
them. "Die" and thereafter made them alive. No doubt, Allah is
Gracious to people but most of the people are ungrateful.
244. And fight in the way of Allah and know that Allah Hears Knows.
245. Is there any who should give a goodly loan to Allah so that
Allah may increase many times for him. And Allah scants and
amplifies, and you are to return unto Him.
246. O Beloved! Did you not see a group of the children of Israel
after Moosa? When they spoke to a prophet of theirs, 'raise for us a
king that we may fight in the way of Allah'. The prophet told, 'Are
your style like this that if the fighting is made obligatory on you,
thereafter you may not fight'? Spoke they, 'what happened to us that
we should not fight in the way of Allah whereas we have been driven
away from our homeland and from our Children? But when fighting was
made obligatory! on them, they turned their faces but a few of them,
and Allah knows very well the, unjust.
247. And their prophet said to them. 'Verily Allah has sent Talut as
your king.' Spoke they 'How can there be kingship of him over us,
whereas we are more entitled for the kingship than he, and nor he
has been given abundance of wealth too'. Said the prophet "Allah has
chosen him over you, and has increased him abundantly in knowledge
and body, and Allah gives His kingdom to whom He will and Allah is
248. And their prophet said to them: 'the sign of his king ship is
that there would come to you an ark in which there is tranquillity
of hearts from your Lord, and there are something left of the relics
of the respectable Moosa and the respectable Haroon, the angels
raising it would bring. No doubt, in it there is great sign for you
if you believe
249. When Talut aparted taking the armies from the City spoke he:
'no doubt Allah is to test you with a stream. Then whoso drinks he
is not mine, and whose drinks not, he is mine, but he who takes a
sip with his hand, then all drank of it except a few of them. Again
when Talut and the Muslim with him went across the stream spoke, 'we
have no power against Jalut and his armies'. Those who were sure to
meet Allah spoke, 'that often a small party has triumphed over a
large party by Allah's Command, and Allah is with the steadfast.
250. Again when they came across Jalut and his armies, they
submitted: 'O our Lord pour forth steadfastness upon us and make our
steps firm, and help us against disbelieving people.
251. Then they routed them by the Command of Allah and Daud slew
Jalut and Allah gave him Kingdom and wisdom and taught him what He
pleased. And if Allah would not repel some of them by some others
among people, then necessarily the earth, would have been ruined,
but Allah is Munificent to entire, world.
252. These are the verses of. Allah, that O beloved! We recite
correctly to you and you are no doubt one of the Messengers.
253. These are messengers! That in them We caused one to excel upon
the other: to some of them Allah spoke: and some one is he who was
raised high in degrees over-all, and We gave clear signs to Isa son
of Marium and aided him with holy spirit and had Allah so willed,
then those who came after them would not have fought among
themselves after the clear signs had come to them. But they
differed, some of them remained faithful and some became
disbeliveers and if Allah so willed, they would not have fought; but
Allah does whatever He desires.
254. O believers! Spend in the way of Allah out of what We have
given you before coming of the Day in which there is neither
trafficking not friendship and nor intercession for infidels and the
infidels are themselves the persons unjust.
255. Allah is; none is to be worshiped save Him, He is Himself Alive
and Sustainer of others. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him
belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever in the earth.
Who is he that would intercede with Him save by His leave. Knows He
what is before them and what is behind them and they get nothing of
His knowledge save what He desires. The heaven and earth are
contained in His Throne and their guarding is not a burden for Him
and He is the only Exalted, the Supreme.
256. There is no compulsion in religion; no doubt the virtuous path
has become clearly distinct from the erring; then whoso does not
accept devil and believes in Allah, he grasped a very firm knot
which is never to open and Allah Hears and Knows.
257. Allah is the Protector of Muslims; brings them out from
darkness towards light and the supporters of infidels are devils,
and they bring them forth from light towards darkness. They are the
people of hell, they are to abide therein.
258. O beloved (Prophet)! Had you not seen him who quarrelled with
Ibrahim about his Lord because Allah gave him Kingdom? When Ibrahim
said, my Lord is He who gives life and causes death, said he, 'I
give life and cause death'. Ibrahim said, 'Well, Allah brings sun
from East: bring it you from the West. 'Thereupon the infidels were
confounded and Allah guides not the unjust people.
259. Or like him who passed by a town and it was laid down fallen
upon its roofs. Spoke he, 'How Allah shall give life to it after its
death. Then Allah kept him died for a hundred years; then gave him
life. Said, He! 'How long you stayed here, submitted he 'I would
have stayed a full day or a little less.' He said, 'No you have
passed a hundred years, and look at your food and drink; they are
not stinked as yet and look at your ass whose bones even are not
safe. And this is that We may make you a sign for the people. And
look at these bones how, We set them up, then cover them with flesh.
When this matter became clear to him, said, 'I know very well that
Allah is Potent over all things.
260. And when Ibrahim submitted, 'O my Lord, show me how You shall
give life to the dead.' Said He, 'do you not believe.' Submitted he,
'why not, but I like that my heart may be at rest. 'Said He, 'then
well, taking four birds, make them familiar to you, then put a part
of each of them on each hill, thereafter call them they will come to
you running with their feet. And know that Allah is Mighty, Wise.
261. The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah
is like that of a grain which caused to grow seven ears and in each
ear one hundred grains and Allah may increase more than that for
whomsoever He pleases; and Allah is Bountiful, All-knowing.
262. Those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah, then after
spending neither boast of favours conferred nor injure, their reward
is with their Lord, and they shall have no fear, nor any grief.
263. To speak kind word and to forgive is better than that; charity
followed by injury. And Allah is above want, Clement.
264. O believers! Void not your charities by boasting of your
favours conferred and injuring, like him who spent his wealth for
showing to people and believes not in Allah and Last Day. Then the
example of him is like that of a smooth rock on which is dust of
earth; now a heavy rain fell upon it leaving it a bare stone. They
shall have no control on anything of what they have earned and Allah
guides not the infidels.
265. And the example of those who spend their wealth in seeking the
pleasure of Allah and for strengthening their hearts is like that
garden which is on an elevated ground; a heavy rain fell upon it
then it brought forth its fruits two fold; again if a heavy rain
reaches it not, then dew suffices. And Allah is seeing what you do.
266. Would any one of you like it that he would have a garden of
dates and grapes beneath which rivers would have been flowing; for
him, there is every kind of fruit in it, and old age came to him and
he has weak children, then came a whirlwind on it in which there was
fire, so it was burnt? Thus Allah explains to you His signs, so that
you may ponder.
267. O believers! Give something of your pure earnings and of what
We produce from the earth for you; and intend not to give especially
vile of it, whereas if you get of it, you will not accept unless you
close your eyes in it. And know that Allah is free of all wants,
268. The devil dreads you of destitution and commands you of
lewdness, and Allah promises you forgiveness and abundance. And
Allah is All-Embracing All-Knowing.
269. Allah grants wisdom to whom He pleases and he who got wisdom
indeed got abundant good; and none accepts counsel but men of under"
270. And whatsoever you spend or vows Allah knows it and the unjust
have no helpers.
271. If you give charity openly then what a good thing it is; and if
you give to beggars hidingly it is better for you than every thing,
and He will remove some of your sins. And Allah is Aware of what you
272. To guide them is not your responsibility; yes Allah guides
whomsoever He pleases. And whatsoever good thing you give it is for
your own good, and it is not proper for you to spend but for seeking
pleasure of Allah and whatever of wealth you give, you will get back
in full and you shall not be wronged.
273. For those beggars who are detained in the way of Allah, they
cannot move about in the earth. The ignorant man thinks them wealthy
because of their restraint. You shall recognise them from their
faces; they do not beg of men importunately. And whatever you give
in charity Allah knows it.
274. Those who spend their wealth (in charity) in the night and in
the day secretly and openly. They have their reward with their Lord.
There is neither any fear nor any grief to them.
275. Those who devour interest shall not stand on the Day of
judgement, but like the standing of one whom the evil spirit has by
touching made mad. This is because they said 'The trade too is like
interest,' and Allah made trade lawful and made interest unlawful.
So he, who received admonition from his Lord and refrained, then
whatever he took before is lawful to him, and his affair is with
Allah. And now whoever shall commit such. Fault, they are men of
hell, they will live therein for longer period.
276. Allah destroys interest and increases charity and Allah loves
not any ungrateful big sinner.
277. No doubt, those who accepted faith and did good deeds and
established prayer and paid the Zakat, (poor-due) their reward is
with their Lord and there is neither any fear nor any grief to them.
278. O believers! Fear Allah and leave what remains of interest if
you are Muslims.
279. But if you do not do like this, then be sure of war from Allah
and the Messenger of Allah. And if you repent then take your
principal sums, neither you wrong any one nor be wronged yourselves.
280. And if the debtor is a man in hardship then give him time till
it is easy, and to remit the debt fully is better for you if you
281. And fear the day in which you shall be made to return to Allah
and shall every soul be paid in full what it has earned and they
shall not be wronged.
282. O believers! When you enter in the transaction of any debt for
a fixed period, then write it down. And a scribe should write
between you justly; and the scribe should not refuse to write as he
has been taught by Allah, then he should write and let him on whom.
The liability falls dictate and fear Allah Who is his Lord and
leaves not behind something out of the liability. Then again he on
whom liability falls be of low understanding or be weak or be unable
to dictate; then let his guardian dictate justly. And make two
witnesses from among your men, then if two men be not available then
a man and two women such witnesses, as you like, so that either of
the two women errs in memory, then the other may remind to that one.
And when the witnesses are called, they should not refuse to come.
And do not take it as a burden, the liability be it small or big,
write it down along with its fixed period. It is juster in the sight
of Allah, in it the evidence will be more suitable and it is nearer
to it that you may not be in doubt; save a ready merchandise which
you give or take from hand to hand, there is no sin on you, if you
write it not. And when you trade, make witnesses. And neither any
scribe be harmed nor the witness (or neither the scribe do harm nor
the witness). And if you do such then it would be your
insubordination. And fear Allah and Allah teaches you and Allah
283. And if you are on a journey, and you find not a scribe then let
there be pledge with possession. And if in between you one entrusts
the other, then let he whom he trusted deliver his trust and fear
Allah Who is his Lord and conceal not evidence; and whosoever would
conceal evidence, then his heart is sinful from inside, and Allah
knows your deeds.
284. To Allah belongs what" ever is in the heaven and whatever is in
the earth; and if you disclose whatever is in your heart or keep it
hidden, Allah will call you to account for it; then He will forgive
whomsoever He pleases and punish whomsoever He pleases, and Allah is
Potent over every thing.
285. The Messenger believed in that which was sent down to him from
his Lord and the believers all accepted Allah and His angels and His
Books and His messengers saying this, 'that we do not differentiate
in the matter of having faith in any of His messengers' and
submitted that we heard and obeyed. Let there be your forgiveness, O
our Lord! And to you is our return.
286. Allah places not burden on any soul but to the extent of his
strength whatever good it earned is useful for it and whatever bad
it earned is a loss for it. O our Lord! Catch not us if we forget or
miss the mark! O our Lord! And place not heavy burden on us as you
had placed on those before us. O our Lord! Put not that burden on us
of which we have no strength to bear! And pardon us and forgive and
have mercy on us. You are our Master; then help us against the