Family of Imran
Madina. 20 Section. 200 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif. Lam Mim.
2 Allah is. Beside Whom none is to be worshiped. Self-Living,
Sustainer of others.
3. He sent down to you this true Book, confirming preceding Books,
and He sent down Tawrat and Injil before this.
4. A for time guiding the people and sent down the criterion; No
doubt, for those who denied the Signs of Allah is the severe torment
and Allah the Mighty, is Possessor of the power of retribution.
5. Nothing is hidden from Allah, neither in the earth nor in the
6. It is He Who forms your shape in the wombs of the mothers as He
pleases. Besides Whom none is to be worshiped the Dominant, the
7. It is He Who sent down upon you the Book, in which some verses
have clear meaning, they are the substance of the Book, and others
are those, in the meaning of which there is doubt. Those in whose
hearts there is perversity pursue doubtful one desiring deviation
and searching their own viewpoint of it, and its right
interpretation is known to Allah alone. And those of firm knowledge
say, 'We believed in it, all is from our Lord and none accept
admonition save men of understanding.
8. O our Lord! Let not our hearts become perverse after this that
You guided us and bestow on us mercy from Yourself; no doubt, You
are the big Bestower
9. O our Lord! No doubt You are the assembler of all people for the
Day in which there is no doubt. Undoubtedly the promise of Allah
10. No doubt, those who became infidels; their riches and their
children shall avail them nothing against Allah and it is they who
are the fuel of the hell.
11. Like the people of Pharaohs and those before them, they belied
our Signs; then Allah seized them for their sins and Allah's
punishment is severe.
12. Say to the disbeliveers, 'soon you shall be overcome and be
driven towards the hell and that is an evil bed'.
13. No doubt, there was a sign for you in two groups that
encountered among themselves. One gang fighting in the way of Allah
and the other disbeliveers that they understood them double of
themselves in their eyesight; and Allah strengthens with His help
whom He pleases. No doubt, in it there is teaching after seeing for
the men of understanding.
14. Adorned for men is the love of these lusts, women and children
and the stored up heaps of gold and silver and branded horses and
cattle and crops. This is the capital of living world; and it is
Allah with Whom there is an excellent destination.
15. Say you 'shall I inform you of something better than that.' For
pious ones there are gardens with their Lord beneath which rivers
flow therein shall they abide, and pure wives and Allah's pleasure.
And Allah sees His bondsmen.
16. Those who say, 'Our Lord we did accept faith, then forgive us
our sins and save us from the torment of the hell.'
17. The steadfast and truthful and humble and those who spend in the
way of Allah and those who seek forgiveness in the latter part of
18. Allah bore witness that none is to be worshiped save He, and the
angels and the men of learning (too) standing with justice; none is
to be worshiped save He, the most Reverend, Wise.
19. Verily, only Islam is the Din (Religion) before Allah, and the
men of Book did not dissent but after the knowledge had come to
them, because of their hearts burning. And whoso denies the signs of
Allah; then no doubt Allah is to call to account very soon.
20. Again O beloved! If they argue with you, then say 'I have
submitted my face before Allah and those who followed me; and say to
the men of Books and to those who read not; 'have you submitted'?
Hence if they submit, then they got the guidance and if turn their
faces, then upon you it is only to convey the message, and Allah is
seeing His bondsmen.
21. Those who deny the signs of Allah, and slay the Prophets
unjustly and kill the men ordering justice; give them good tiding of
22. These are they whose deeds have perished in this world and the
next and they shall have no helpers.
23. Have you not observed those given a portion of the Book are
being called to the Book of Allah that it may judge between them,
then a faction of them turns away being opposed to it?
24. This boldness came to them because they say, 'The fire shall not
touch us except for a number of days'; and the lies which they used
to invent deceived them in their religion.
25. Then how will it be, when We shall gather them for a Day in
which there is no doubt; and every soul shall be paid in full what
it has earned and they shall not be wronged.
26. Say like this, 'O Allah Master of the Kingdom, You give the
Kingdom to whom You please; and seize the Kingdom from whom You
please. And you exalt whom You please and You abase whom You please;
in Your hand is all good. No doubt You can do all things.
27. You cause the night to enter into day and cause the day to enter
into night, and bring forth the living from the dead and bring forth
the dead from the living, and provide whomsoever You please with out
28. Let not the Muslims takes infidels as their friends besides the
Muslims and whosoever shall do that he has no connection with Allah,
but this that have some fear of them; and Allah cautions you from
His wrath; and unto Allah is the return.
29. Say, you, 'whether you conceal what is in your hearts or declare
it, Allah knows all; and knows whatever is in the heavens and
whatever is in the earth. And Allah has the authority over every
30. The day when every soul shall find presented whatever it did of
good and whatever it did of evil; it will long, would there be a far
distance between it and me. And Allah warns you of His torment; and
Allah is Kind enough over His bondsmen.
31. O beloved! Say you, 'O people! If you love Allah, then follow
me; Allah will love you and forgive your sins and Allah is
32. Say you, 'Obey Allah and the messenger; then if they turn their
faces, then Allah loves not the infidels.
33. No doubt, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Ibrahim
and the family of Imran from over the entire world.
34. It is a race from one another. And Allah Hears and Knows.
35. When the wife of Imran said, My lord! 'I make a vow to You, for
what is in my womb to remain purely in Your service. There fore
accept this from me, no doubt, You alone are Hearing, Knowing.
36. Then when she gave birth to her, she said, 'O my Lord I have
given Birth to a female. And Allah knows well whatever she had given
birth to and that male whom she demanded was not like this female
and I have named her Mary, and I give her and her off-spring under
Your protection from Satan the rejected.
37. Therefore her Lord accepted her graciously and caused her to
grow an excellent growth and gave her under the guardianship of 'Zakaria'.
Whenever Zakaria went to her place of prayer, he found new provision
with her. He said! O Mary! Whence came this to you? She spoke, 'that
is from Allah,' No doubt, Allah gives whomsoever He pleases without
38. Here Zakaria called his Lord, said, 'O my Lord! Give me from
Yourself pure offspring; no doubt, You only are the Hearer of
39. Then the angels called him and he was offering prayer standing
at his place of worship, no doubt Allah gives you glad tidings of
Yahya who shall confirm a word from Allah, a chief and chaste and
prophet from amongst Our righteous.
40. Said, 'O my Lord! From where shall I have a son, while the old
age has reached to me and my wife is barren'. Said, 'Allah does so
whatever He pleases'.
41. Submitted he, O my Lord! 'Appoint a token for me' Said, your
token is this that you shall not speak to people for three days but
with signals, and remember your Lord much and praise Him at a time
nearing sunset and at dawn.
42. And when the angels said, 'O Mary; verily Allah has chosen you
and purified well ' and today has chosen you from amongst the women
of all worlds'.
43. O Mary! Stand before your Lord humbly and prostrate for Him and
bow down with those who bow down.
44. These are the tidings of unseen that We reveal to you in secret.
And you were not with them when they drew lots with their pen that
under whose guardianship Mary should be given, and you were not with
them when they were disputing.
45. And remember when the angels said to Mary, 'O Mary! Allah gives
you glad tidings of a word from Him, whose name is Masih, Isa son of
Mary, he shall be dignified in the world and the Hereafter and of
those nearest to Allah.
46. And he shall talk to the people in the cradle and in the ripe
age (Maturity) and shall be of the righteous.
47. She said, 'O my Lord! From where shall I have a son no person
has touched me. Said He, "Allah creates in such a way what He
pleases". When He decrees any thing, then He only says to it 'Be!
And it is.
48. And Allah will teach him the Book and wisdom and the Taurat and
49. And he shall be a Messenger towards the children of Israel
saying this, 'I have brought to you a sign from your Lord; that I
make a form out of clay like a bird for you then again breathe in it
and it becomes a bird atonce by the command of Allah; and I heal the
born blind and the leper and I make the dead alive by the command of
Allah and tell to you whatever you eat and what you store in your
houses. No doubt, in these things there is a great sign for you if
50. And I have come confirming the book Taurat that was before me;
and for this that I should make lawful some of those things which
were forbidden to you; and I have brought to you a sign from your
Lord then fear Allah and obey my command.
51. No doubt Allah is the Lord of me, of yours, of all so worship
Him only. This is the straight path.
52. Then again when Isa found infidelity in them, said, 'who become
my helpers towards Allah'. The disciples said, 'We are the helpers
of the religion of God; We have believed in Allah and bear you
witness that we are Muslims.
53. O our Lord! 'We believe in what you have sent down and followed
the Messenger, then write us among those who bear witness on truth.'
54. And the infidels plotted and Allah secretly devised for their
destruction and Allah is the best of secret devisers.
55. Remember, when Allah said; O Isa! I shall cause you to reach to
your full life and I shall raise you towards Myself and I shall
from the infidels, and shall give your followers superiority over
rejecters until the Day of Resurrection then you all shall come
to Me: then I shall decide between you concerning that wherein you
56. Then those who became infidels, I shall torment them with severe
punishment in this world and the next and they shall have no
57. And to those who believed and did good deeds, Allah will pay
them their rewards in full and the unjust are not acceptable to
58. Thus, We recite to you of some signs and wise admonition
59. The likeness of Isa with Allah, is like Adam. He created him of
dust, then said, 'Be and 'he' was atonce.
60. O Listener! This is the truth from your Lord; be not therefore
61. Then O beloved! Whoever disputes with you about Isa after
knowledge has come to you, then tell them, 'come, let us call our
sons and your sons our women and your women and our souls and your
souls, then let us pray earnestly, and so lay the curse of Allah
upon the liars.'
62. This verily is the true Narrative; There is none worthy of
worship save Allah; and verily only Allah is All Mighty, the All
63. Then if they turn back their faces, then Allah knows the
64. Say you, O people of the Book! Come towards such a word which is
common between us and you, that is we worship none but Allah and
associate no partner with Him; and none of us make one another as
Lord beside Allah; then if they do not accept then say, 'bear
witness that we are Muslims.'
65. O people of the Book! Why do you dispute about Ibraham? The
Torah and Injil (Gospel) were not sent down, but after him, then
have you no reason?
66. Behold! you are those who disputed in that of which you had
knowledge, then why you dispute in that of which you have no
knowledge, and Allah knows and you know not.
67. Abraham was neither a Jew nor Christian but was a Muslim
separate from every falsehood and was not of the polytheists.
68. Verily, the more rightful claimant of Abraham than all people
were those who followed him and this prophet and the believers, And
Allah is the Protector of the believers.
69. A section of the people of the Book yearns that in any way you
go astray and they make astray to themselves and they have no sense.
70. O people of the Book! Why do you deny the signs of Allah,
whereas you are yourselves witnesses.
71. O people of the Book! Why do you confound truth with falsehood
and why do you conceal the truth whereas you have knowledge?
72. A section of the people of the Book said, 'believe in that which
has been sent down upon the believers at morning and deny at
evening; perchance they may return'.
73. And believe not any but. Him who is the follower of your
religion. Say you, 'The guidance of Allah is the only guidance of
Allah. That may be given to any one the like of that was given to
you', or anyone might argue you before your Lord. Say, you, 'the
bounty is in the hand of Allah alone; He gives it to whomsoever He
pleases; and Allah is All-Embracing All-Knowing.
74. He singles out with His mercy whomsoever He pleases and Allah is
of exceeding bounty.
75. Among the people of the Book there is someone with whom if you
keep a huge treasure in trust then he will pay it back to you, and
in them there is someone, with whom if you keep in trust a single
dinar then he will not repay it to you, except when you remain
standing over his head. It is because they say, 'there is no
responsibility over us in the matter of illiterates. And they utter
a lie against Allah knowingly.
76. Yes, why not, one who fulfilled his pledge and feared God and
verily, Allah loves those who fear God.
77. Those who accept mean price in exchange of their covenant with
Allah and their oaths, they have no portion in the Hereafter, and
Allah will neither speak to them nor look towards them or
Resurrection Day, nor will He purify them; and for them there is
78. And among them some are those who distort the Book by twisting
their tongues; that you may think it is also in the Book, and that
is not in the Book. And they say, 'It is from Allah, whereas it is
not from Allah and they forge a lie against Allah purposely and
79. It is not the right of any man that Allah should give him the
Book and command and prophet hood, then he should say to people, 'Be
my bondmen leaving Allah; Yes he will say this, 'Be men of Allah
because you teach the Book and because you study it.'
80. And He would not order you this that you should take the angels
and prophets as God. Would He order you to infidelity after it that
you have become Muslims?
SECT ION: 9
81. And remember when Allah took from the prophets their covenant
whatever I should give you of the Book and wisdom then comes to you
the Messenger confirming your Books, then assuredly you shall
believe in him and assuredly you help him. He said, 'do you agree,
and do you accept My heavy responsibility on it. All submitted 'We
did affirm, He said, 'then be witness against one another and I am
myself among witnesses with you.
82. Now whoso turns away after this, then they are the
83. Then, do they like a religion other than the religion of Allah?
And to Him has submitted whoso is in the heavens and the earth,
willingly and unwillingly, and to Him shall they be returned.
84. Say like this, 'that We believed in Allah and in that which was
sent down to us and in that which Was sent down to Ibrahim and
Ismail and Ishaque and Yaqoob and his children and that which was
given to Moosa and Isa and prophets from their Lord. We make no
distinction between any of them in believing and to Him we have
bowed down our necks.
85. And whoso will desire for a religion other than Islam that shall
never be accepted from him and in the next world he shall be among
86. How Allah shall wish to guide such a people who disbelieved
after believing and had borne witness that the Messenger is true and
to whom had come clear signs? And Allah guides not a people unjust.
87. Their meed is this that on them there is curse of Allah, and of
angels and of men, all together.
88. They should abide thereunder. Neither the torment shall be
lightened from over them and nor shall they be respited.
89. But those who repented thereafter and amended themselves, then
necessarily, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
90. No doubt, those who disbelieved after believing then again wax
in infidelity, their repentance shall never be accepted and these
are they who have gone astray.
91. Those who disbelieved and died as infidels, there shall never be
accepted an earth full of gold from anyone of them, though he offers
it in ransom for himself. There is painful torment for them, and
they shall have no helpers.
92. You shall never attain good unless you spend your favourite
things; and Allah knows whatever you spend.
93. All food was lawful to the children of Israel; save what Yaqoob
had made unlawful for himself before the Taurah wee sent down. Say
you, bring the Taurat and read it if you are truthful?
94. Then after that, whose forges lie against Allah, those are the
95. Say you, 'Allah is true therefore follow the religion of Ibraham
Who was separate from every falsehood, and was not of the
96. Verily, the first House among all marked for the worship o, the
people is that which is in Mecca abounding in blessing and a guide
of all world.
97. Therein are clear sighs; the place where Ibraham stood and
whosoever enters it, is in security. And for the sake of Allah, the
people is to perform pilgrimage to this House, who could find a way
thither. And who denies, then Allah is independent of entire world.
98. Say you, 'O people of Book! Why not you accept the signs of
Allah while your works are before Allah.
99. Say you, 'O people of the Book! Why do you hinder those who
accepted the faith from the path of Allah, you desire to crook it
and you are yourself witness thereof? And Allah is not unaware of
100. O believers! If you obey some of the people of the Book, then
they would render you infidels after your belief.
101. And how would you commit infidelity, (whereas) to you are
recited the signs of Allah; and in your midst has come the Messenger
of Allah? And he who sought the support of Allah has been directed
to a straight path.
102. O believers! Fear Allah, as rightly He is to be feared, and do
not die ever save as Muslims.
103. And hold fast, all together, by the rope of Allah, and be not
divided among themselves. And remember Allah's favour upon you.
Remember when there was enmity among you, He joined your hearts
together then, by His grace, you became brothers together and you
were upon the brink of a pit of Fire, then He rescued you from it;
Thus Allah explains to you His signs; that haply you may act
104. And let there be such a group among you, that they may call
towards goodness and command what is just and forbid evil. And the
very same attained to their goals.
105. And be not like those who were divided (in sections) and
disagreed among themselves, after this that bright signs had come to
them and for them there is mighty torment.
106. On the day when some faces shall be white, and some black. Then
those whose faces: have been blackened, (they will be told) 'did you
become infidels after accepting faith? Then now taste the torment,
the recompense of your infidelity.
107. And as for those, whose faces are whitened, they are under the
mercy of Allah; they shall abide in it.
108. These are the signs of Allah that We recite unto you correctly,
and Allah intends not injustice to the people of the worlds.
109. And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is
in the earth and unto Allah is the return of all matters.
110. You are the best among all those nations appeared unto mankind,
you command! To good, and forbid evil, and keep faith unto Allah.
Had the people of the Book believed, then it was good for them. Some
of them are Muslims and most of them are infidels.
111. They will not harm you save annoying; and if they fight with
you, they will turn their backs from you, then again they will not
112. Ignominy has been pitched on them, wherever they are, they
shill get no security save a rope from Allah and a rope from men,
(they may get protection). They became worthy of the wrath of Allah
and on them destitution have been pitched. This is because they used
to reject the signs of Allah and slay the prophets unjustly. This is
because they were disobedient and transgressors.
113. All are not alike. Among the people of the Book some are those
who stand right, recite the signs of Allah in the hours of night and
114. They believe in Allah and the Last Day and command good and
forbid evil and run for good works, and they are righteous.
115. And those who will do good, their rights shall not be denied
and Allah knows the God fearing.
116. Those who became infidels, their riches and children shall not
avail them at all against Allah and they are the men of hell and
shall abide therein.
117. The example of that which they spend in the life of this world
is like a wind in which there is intense cold; that strikes the
harvest of such a nation which wronged themselves, therefore it
destroyed that, and Allah wronged them not, but yes, they wrong unto
their own souls.
118. O believers! Do not make strangers as your confidants; they
leave no stone unturned in harming you. They yearn for what
distresses you: Hostility appeared from their utterances and what
they have concealed in their breasts is yet greater. We have made
you hear Our signs clearly, if you have wisdom.
119. Behold, it is you who love them, and they love you not. Though
you believe in all the Books. And when they meet you, they say, 'we
accepted faith', and when they are alone, then they bite their
fingertips at you out of wrath. Say you, die in your passion' Allah
knows well the thoughts of the hearts.
120. Anything good befall you it vexes them; and an evil be fall
you, then they are happy at it, and if you have patience. And fear
Allah, then their guile will not hurt you at all. Verily, their all
doings are under the' circumference of Allah.
121. And remember O beloved! When you came out from your house in
the morning, I am assigning to the Muslims their positions for
battle. And Allah is All-Hearing All-Knowing.
122. When two of your groups intended Cowardice, but Allah is their
supporter, and upon Allah should the Muslims rely.
123. And verily, Allah did help you at Badr, when you were
resourceless. So fear Allah that perhaps you may be thankful.
124. When O beloved! You did say to Muslim 'Is it not enough for you
that your Lord should assist you by sending down three thousand
125. Yes, why not, if you have patience and fear God, and the
infidels came upon you instantly, then your Lord will send five
thousand angels with marks for your help.
126. And this victory Allah did not make, save for pleasing you and
so that your hearts might get rest with it, there is no help except
from Allah, the Dominant, the Wise.
127. In order that He might cut a portion of the infidels or abase
them, so that they may go back dis-appointed.
128. This matter is not in your hand, whether He shows His
graciousness to them for repent fence or torment them, for they are
129. And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is
in the earth. He Forgives whomsoever and torments whomsoever He
pleases; and Allah is For giving Merciful.
130. O believers! Devour not interest, doubled and redoubled; and
fear Allah, in the hope that you may get prosperity.
131. And Ward off the Fire which is already prepared for the
132. And remain obedient to Allah and Messenger, in the hope that
you be shown mercy.
133. And run towards the forgiveness of your Lord and to such a
paradise whose width covers all heavens and earth is already
prepared for those who are pious.
134. Those who spend in the path of Allah in prosperity and
adversity and who restrain anger and who pardon men. And virtuous
people are dear to Allah.
135. And those who, when they have committed indecency or wronged
their own souls, beg forgiveness for their sins remembering Allah,
and who forgives sins save Allah? And do not persist knowingly in
what they have done.
136. For such the recompense is their 'Lord's forgiveness and
Gardens with rivers flowing underneath, they shall remain for ever
therein, and what an excellent reward is for workers.
137. Some systems have already been experimented, before you, then
see, going through the earth, how was the end of the beliers! (Who
138. This is to state to people and to guide and is admonition to
those who are pious.
139. And be not sluggish and neither be grieved, you are the very
same who shall overcome if you have faith.
140. If any distress has come to you, then they too have already
received a similar distress. These are the days in which we have
fixed turns for the people and that is because Allah may make one to
distinguish the believes and may assign some of you the position of
martyrs. And Allah loves not the unjust.
141. And so that Allah may purify the Muslims and wipe out the
142. Are you in this supposition that you shall enter the paradise
and yet Allah has not tested your warriors and neither has
experimented the steadfast?
143. And you used to long for death before meeting it, so now you
have seen it with your eyes.
144. And Muhammad is only a Messenger. There have been many other
messengers before him. Will you then, if he departs or be slain,
turn back on your heels? And he, who will turn back on his heels,
shall not harm Allah at all. And very soon Allah will recompense the
145. And no soul can die save by the leave of God - the time of all
is already recorded. And whoso desires the reward of the world, We
gave to him of this, and he who desires the reward of the Hereafter,
We give to him of this, And it is very soon, We may recompense the
146. And many a prophet fought, with them there were many god-men,
they fell not sluggish with the miseries they faced in the path of
Allah, and neither became weak nor gave in. And the steadfast are
dear to Allah.
147. They did say nothing save this prayer, 'O Our Lord! Forgive our
sins and our excesses that we committed in our affairs, and make
firm our steps and help us against these disbelieving people.
148. So Allah gave them the reward of the world, and goodness of the
reward of Hereafter. And the good-doers are dear to Allah.
149. O believers! If you follow the line of infidels, then they will
turn you upon your heels, and you will be back after losing.
150. Whereas Allah is your Patron; and He is the best Helper.
151. Soon We shall cast terror in the hearts of infidels, because
they associated partners with Allah for which He sent down not any
understanding and their abode is Fire, and what is the evil abode of
152. And verily, Allah did prove the truth of His promise to you
when you were killing the infidels by His leave, until when you
showed weakness and quarrelled about the order and Dis-obeyed after
He had shown you the thing you desired for. Of you some one desired
the world and of you some one desired the Hereafter, then He turned
your faces from them that He might; test you; and no doubt, He
forgive you and Allah is Bounteous over Muslims.
153. When you were going up and did not look back towards anyone and
Our Messenger was calling you in another group, therefore He gave
you, sorrow in recompense for a sorrow, and forgave in order that
you might not grieve for what sent out of your hand and what befell
you. And Allah is informed of your doings
154. Then after sorrow, He sent down to you slumber that had
surrounded a party of you, and another party was anxious about
themselves, suspected of Allah unjustly; like the suspicion of
Ignorance. They say, 'Have we any power in this affair'? Say you,
'entire authority is of Allah. They conceal in their hearts that
they reveal not unto you; they say, 'if we had any power, then we
would not have been killed here." Say you, 'If you had been in your
houses, even then those for whom killing was already written would
have gone forth to the place of their slaughter; and in order that
Allah might test the feelings of your breasts, and whatever is in
your hearts might purge it. Allah knows the thoughts of your hearts.
155. No doubt, those of you who turned back on the day when two
armies met. It was Satan who made them slip because of their certain
actions, and surely Allah forgave them. Verily, Allah is Forgiving,
156. O believers! Be not like those infidels who told about their
brothers when went on journey or on holy war; that had they been
with us, they would not have died and not been slain, in order that
Allah may make it a cause of regret in their hearts. And Allah gives
life and causes death and Allah is seeing your works.
157. And undoubtedly, if you are slain in the way of Allah or die,
then the forgiveness of Allah and His mercy are better than their
158. And if you die or be slain, certainly you are to gather towards
159. Then, it is of the mercy of Allah that O beloved! You became
gentle for them and if you had been hot headed, hard hearted, then
they certainly would have dispersed from your circle, so pardon them
and intercede for them and consult them in the affairs; and when you
have made up your mind for any thing, then put your trust in Allah.
Undoubtedly the trustful are dear to Allah.
160. If Allah helps you, then none can overcome you; and He forsakes
you, then who is such that can help you again. And Muslim should
have trust unto Allah alone.
161. It cannot be thought about any prophet that he hides away
something and whatever he hides away, he shall come with his hidden
thing on the Day of Resurrection; then every soul shall be paid in
full what it has earned, and there shall be no injustice unto them.
162. Will then he who follows the pleasure of Allah be like him who
has earned the wrath of Allah and his abode is hell? And what a bad
place of returns it is.
163. They are according to their ranks near Allah and Allah sees
164. Undoubtedly, Allah did a great favour to the Muslims that in
them from among themselves sent a Messenger who recites unto them
His signs and purifies them and teaches them the Book and wisdom,
and necessarily before that they were certainly in apparent error.
165. What! When any calamity reaches you, though double of which you
had caused to reach (to them), you began to say, "Whence it came".
Say you; 'It is from your own side'. Undoubtedly Allah can do
166. And that calamity which befell you on the day the two armies
had met was by Allah's leave, and thus He might make known the
167. And that He might make one to distinguish the hypocrites and it
was said to them, "come, fight in the way of Allah or drive out the
enemy". They said, "If we knew fighting, then certainly we would
have sided you." And they on that day were nearer to apparent
infidelity than to expressed faith. They say with their mouths, what
is not in their hearts. And Allah knows what they are concealing.
168. Those who said about their brothers and while them selves
remained behind, 'Had they obeyed us, they would not have been
killed.' Say you, 'then avert your own death if you are truthful.'
169. And those who have been slain in the way of Allah never think
of them as dead; but they are alive with their Lord, get their
170. They are happy because of that which Allah has bestowed upon
them of His Bounty and are rejoicing for their successors who have
not yet joined them that on them there is not any fear, nor any
171. They rejoice at the favour of Allah and His bounty, and that
Allah wastes not the reward of Muslims.
172. Those who responded to the call of Allah and Messenger after
the wound had smitten them There is great reward for their righteous
and reverent people.
173. Those to whom people said, 'the people have gathered against
you, 'therefore fear them; but this increased their faith and said,
'Allah is sufficient for us and what an excellent Disposer of
174. Hence, they returned with a favour from Allah and His Bounty,
no evil touched them and followed the pleasure of Allah. And Allah
is of great, Bounty.
175. It is only the Satan that threatens you of his friends: so fear
them not and fear Me if you have faith.
176. And (O beloved) you grieve not of them at all, who run after
infidelity, they will not harm Allah at all. And Allah intends not
to assign any position for them in the Hereafter and for them, there
is great torment.
177. Those who purchased infidelity for faith will not harm Allah at
all, and for them is the painful torment.
178. And let never the unbelievers suppose that the respite, We
grant them is some thing good for them. Certainly, We grant them
respite only because they may further increase in sin. And for them
is the degrading torment.
179. Allah is not to leave the Muslims in the present state of
affairs in which you are, until He separates unpure from the pure.
(Wicked from the good) And it is not befitting to the dignity of
Allah that O general people! He let you know the unseen. Yes, Allah
chooses from amongst His messengers whom He pleases. Then believe in
Allah and His messengers. And if you accept faith and fear, then
there is great reward for you.
180. And let not those who are niggardly with respect to what Allah
has given them out of His bounty think that it is good for them; on
the contrary it is bad for them. Soon that for which they were
niggardly shall be their necklace on the Day of Resurrection. And
only Allah is the Heir of heavens and earth and Allah is aware of
181. Undoubtedly Allah heard those who said, "Allah is needy and we
are rich." Now We shall put their sayings and their slaying of the
prophets unjustly in writing; and We shall say, 'taste the torment
of the fire.'
182. This is the compensation of what your hands have sent forth.
And Allah does not oppress their bondsmen.
183. Those who say, 'Allah has covenanted with us that we believe
not in any messenger until he brings an order of such sacrifice
which the fire consumes; say you, 'Many messengers came to you
before me bearing clear signs and with this order which you speak
of, then why did you kill them, if you are truthful?
184. Then O beloved! If they belie you even, so the messengers
before you, who had come bearing clear signs and the scriptures and
the shining Book have already been belied.
185. Every soul is to taste the death; and you will get your
compensation in full only on the Day of Resurrection. Whosoever is
saved from the Fire and made to enter into Paradise, attained to his
goal. And the life of this world is but the goods of deception.
186. Undoubtedly, you shall certainly be tested in your property and
in your lives. And undoubtedly, you shall certainly hear a good deal
of bad things from the people of the Book before you and from
idolaters. But if you endure and guard yourselves (against evils),
then it is the work of strong determination.
187. And remember when Allah took a covenant from those who were
given the Book that, 'you shall necessarily make it known to the
people and congeal it not, but they threw it behind their backs, and
took a mean price in Exchange of it, then how an evil Purchasing it
188. Never think of those who rejoice on their doings and wish that
they may be praised without doing. Never think of such people away
from the torment and for them is the painful torment.
189. And to Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and earth; and
Allah is Potent over every thing.
190. Undoubtedly, in the creation of heavens and earth and in the
mutual alternation of night and day, there are signs for men of
191. Who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their
sides, and contemplate in the creation of heavens and earth;
(saying) "O our Lord! You have not made it invain, Hallowed be You,
You save us from the torment of the Hell.
192. O our Lord! Verily whomsoever you cause to enter the Hell, him
You have surely humiliated, and the unjust have no helpers.
193. O our Lord! We heard a proclaimer that he calls for believing,
that believe unto your Lord; then we believed. O our Lord! Forgive
us our sins and wipe off us our evils and cause us to die along with
194. O our Lord! And give us that what You have promised to us
through Your Messengers; and disgrace us not on the Day of
Resurrection. Undoubtedly You do not break the promise.
195. Then their Lord heard their prayer that I certainly waste not
the labour of any worker from amongst you, be a male or female, you
are one among yourselves. Hence those who emigrated and were driven
out from their homes, and were tortured in My way and fought and
were killed. I shall surely wipe out all their sins and shall surely
cause them to enter into the gardens beneath which flow rivers, a
reward from Allah. And with Allah only there is good reward.
196. O Listener! Let not deceive you the strutting about of the
infidels in the cities.
197. A brief enjoyment; their abode is the Hell and what an evil
198. But those who fear their Lord, for them there are gardens
beneath which flow rivers. They shall abide therein; an
entertainment from Allah and that, which is with Allah, is still
better for the righteous.
199. And undoubtedly, some among the men of the Book are such that
they believe in Allah and in what has been sent to you and what have
been sent down to them, their hearts are bent towards Allah, do not
accept mean price for the signs of Allah. These are those whose
reward is with their Lord; and Allah is swift in taking account.
200. O believers! Be patient, and excel in patience with the enemies
and guard Islamic country on the border and remain fearing Allah
that haply you may be successful.