Madina. 24 Sections. 176 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. O people! Fear your Lord Who created you from a single soul and
made its mate from within it, and from that pair spread many men and
women and fear Allah in Whose name you ask for (your rights) and pay
attention to the ties of relationship. Undoubtedly. Allah is
watching you all time.
2. And give the orphans their property and do not exchange dirty for
the clean and consume not their property mixing it with your
property. Undoubtedly, it is a great sin.
3. And if you apprehend that you will not be able to do justice to
orphan girls, then marry such other women as seem good to you, two,
three, four, but if you are afraid that you will not be able to keep
two wives on equal terms, then marry one only or captives whom you
own. This is nearer to keeping you away from doing injustice.
4. And give the women their dowries willingly. But if they, of their
own pleasure of heart remit something of it to you, then consume it
with taste and pleasure.
5. And give not to the unwise their property you have, which Allah
has made a means of your living and feed them therewith and clothe
them and speak to them good words.
6. And remain testing the orphans, until they are able to marry;
then if you find them of right understanding, deliver to them their
property and consume it not in extravagance and in such haste that
they should not reach their maturity. And whose is not needy, let
him abstain and whoso is needy, let him consume it with equity. But
when you deliver them their property, then take witnesses against
them. And Allah is sufficient in taking account.
7. For men there is share in what their parents and relatives have
left behind, and for women there is share in what their parents and
relatives have left behind, be the bequest little or be it much, it
is a share estimated, determined.
8. But if at the time of division, the relatives and the orphans and
the needy come, then give them too something therefrom and speak to
them good words.
9. And let those fears, who if they had to leave behind them weak
offspring, would have been afraid for them, so they should be afraid
of Allah and speak the upright speech.
10. Those who consume the property of orphans unjustly, they fill in
their belies with fire only, and they shall soon enter into the
11. Allah commands you concerning your children, the share of male
is equal to the share of two females; then if there be daughters
only, though more than two, then for them is two third of what is
left, and if there be only one daughter, for her is one half. And
for each of the parents of the deceased is one sixth of what is
left, if there be a child of the deceased, but if he has no child
and leaves parents, then for the mother is one third; but if there
be his many sisters and brothers, then for the mother is one sixth,
after any bequest which has been made and debts. Your fathers and
your sons, you know not which of them will be more profitable to
you. This is fixed proportion from Allah. Undoubtedly Allah is All
12. And for you is one-half of what is left by your wives, if they
have no issue (child) but if they have issue (child), then you have
one fourth of what they leave after (paying) any bequest made by
them and the debts. And for the women is one fourth of what you
leave if you have no issue (child); but if you have issue (child),
then for them is one-eight of what you leave after (paying) any
bequest made by you and the debts. And if the heritage of any such
male or female who leave behind nothing, neither parents nor
children is to be divided and from mother side he or she has brother
or sister, then for each one of them is one sixth. Then if the
sister and brother be more than one, then all are sharer in
one-third, after (payment of the bequest of the deceased and debts
in which the deceased would not have caused any harm. This is an
injunction from Allah and Allah is All Knowing, Gentle.
13. These are the limits of Allah and whoso obeys Allah and His
Messenger; Allah will make him enter Gardens beneath which flow
rivers will abide therein. And this is the great success.
14. And whose disobeys Allah and His Messenger and transgresses His
all limits; Allah will cause him to enter the Fire, in which he will
abide and for him is degrading torment.
15. And those of your women who commit adultery; take the evidence
of four males specially from amongst you against them; then again if
they give evidence then confine those women to the houses until
death take them or Allah envisages some way for them.
16. And those males, female of you commit such act, torture them,
then again if they repent and amend, then leave them alone.
Undoubtedly Allah is most Relenting, Merciful.
17. The repentance whose acceptance has been under taken by Allah
with His own Grace is only for those who do evil ignorantly and then
again repent soon after. To wards such people Allah turns with His
Mercy; and Allah is Knowing, Wise.
18. And that repentance is not neither of those who continue in
doing evil until when death comes to anyone of them, he says, 'now I
repent' nor for those who die as infidels. For them We have prepared
a painful torment.
19. O believers! It is not lawful for you to be heir of the women
forcibly, and prevent them not with this design that you may take
away part of what you had given them as dower except in this shape
that they commit an act of flagrant indecency and treat with them
fairly; then if you dislike them, it is likelihood that you may
dislike a thing and wherein Allah has placed much good.
20. And if you desire to change one wife for another and you have
already given her a heap of treasure; then take not anything
thereof. Will you take it by slander and with manifest sin?
21. How you shall take it when each of you has already become
unveiled before one another and they have taken from you a most firm
22. And do not marry those women whom your fathers have married,
except what has already passed. Undoubtedly, that is an act of
indecency and wrath and an evil way.
23. Forbidden to you are your mothers, and your daughters and
sisters and your father's sisters and mother's sisters and your
brother's daughters and your sister's daughters, and your mothers
who have given suck to you and your foster sisters and the mothers
of your wives and daughters (your step daughters) who are in your
care from the wives with whom you had intercourse but if you had not
intercourse with them, then there is no harm in their daughters, and
the wives of your sons who are of your loins and to have two sisters
together except what has already passed. Undoubtedly. Allah is
24. And forbidden to you are the women having husbands save the
women of infidels who come in your possession. This is the
prescription of Allah unto you and the remaining besides those are
lawful for you; so that you seek them in exchange of your properties
bringing them in bondage (through marriage) and not desiring for
lust. Therefore, as to those women whom you wish to marry, give them
their fixed dowries. And there is no sin in what you mutually agree!
Upon after fixation. Undoubtedly, Allah is Knowing, Wise.
25. And amongst you one who cannot marry free believing women due to
insufficient means; then let him marry such of the believing
handmaids who are the possession of your hands. And Allah knows your
faith very well the one of you is from the other, therefore, marry
them with the leave of their masters and give them their dowries
according to convention bringing them into bondage (through
marriage), not desiring for lust, and nor making lovers; when they
come under bondage and again commit any act of indecency, then on
them the punishment is half of that, for free women. This is for him
who of you are afraid of adultery and it is better for you to have
patience. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
26. Allah desires to explain to you His commandments and to tell you
the ways of those before you and to turn to you with His Mercy. And
Allah is Knowing, Wise.
27. And Allah desires to turn to you with His Mercy, and those who
follow their lust desire that you should stray far away from the
28. Allah desires to lighten unto you, and man has been created
29. O believers! Consume not unjustly the property of one another
among yourselves except it be a trade by your mutual consent. And
kill not yourselves. Undoubtedly, Allah is Merciful to you.
30. And whosoever shall do so with excessiveness and injustice, then
We shall make him enter into Fire soon: and that is easy for Allah.
31. If you keep away from major sins that are forbidden to you, then
We will forgive your other sins and make you enter a place of honour.
32. And covet not that whereby Allah has made one of you excel over
the other. For men there is share from their earning, and for women
there is share from their earning. And ask Allah for His Grace.
Undoubtedly, Allah knows every thing.
33. And for every one We have made heirs of the property that is
left by parents and relations, and those with whom you have sworn
compact give to them their share, undoubtedly every thing is before
34. Men are incharge over women, because Allah has made one of them
excel over another, and because men have expended their wealth over
them, so the virtuous women are submissive, they keep watch in the
absence of husband as Allah commanded to watch. And as to those
women whose disobedience you fear, then admonish them and sleep
apart from them, and beat them (lightly), then if they come under
your command, then seek not any way of excess against them.
Undoubtedly, Allah is Exalted, Great.
35. And if you fear a dispute between husband and wife, then appoint
an arbiter from the side of the family of man and an arbiter from
the side of the family of woman, if these two will desire
reconciliation, then Allah will cause unity between them.
Undoubtedly, Allah is knowing, Aware.
36. And worship Allah, and do not associate anyone with Him and do
good to parents, and to relatives and orphans, and the needy, and
the near neighbour and the distant neighbour and the companion of
your side and the wayfarer and to your male and female servants.
Undoubtedly, Allah loves not the proud, boastful.
37. Those who themselves act miserly and say others to be misers and
conceal that which Allah has given them of His bounty. And We have
prepared for the infidels a degrading torment.
38. And those who spend their wealth to show off to men and do riot
have faith unto Allah and nor the Last Day and whose companion has
become Satan, then what an evil companion is he?
39. And what was the harm, if they would have faith in Allah and the
Last Day and spent out of what Allah has given them? And Allah knows
40. Allah does not do injustice even to the weight of an atom, and
if there be a good deed, He doubles it and gives from Himself
41. Then how shall it be, when We bring up a witness from every
nation, and O beloved Muhammad! We will bring you as a witness and a
guardian against all those.
42. On that day those who disbelieved and dis-obeyed the Messenger
would wish that if the earth were levelled after burying them in it,
and they could not be able to conceal; anything from Allah.
43. O believers! Approach not prayer while you are intoxicated,
until you have so much sense that what you say, you understand, nor
when you are unclean without taking a bath except when you are
travelling; and if you are ailing, or on a journey, or any one of
you comes from privy, or you have touched women and you do not find
water, then take some pure earth and wipe there with your faces and
your hands. Undoubtedly, Allah is Pardoning, Forgiving.
44. Have you not seen those who were given a portion of t he Book?
They buy error and intend that you too may lose the way.
45. And Allah knows well your enemies. And Allah is sufficient as
Guardian, and Allah is sufficient as Helper.
46. Some of the Jews pervert words from their places; and say, 'We
have heard and we disobey, and hear you, continue not making us
hear, 'and say RAINA twisting their tongues and taunting in Faith.
And if they say that we have heard and obeyed, and sir hear our
talks and sir look at us, it would have been better for them and
more upright. But Allah has cursed them for their infidelity, so
they believe not, save a little.
47. O people of the Book! Believe in what We have sent down
confirming the Book with you, before We deface some faces and turn
them on their backs or curse them as We cursed the people of the
Sabt (Saturday). And the decree of Allah is bound to be carried out.
48. Undoubtedly, Allah forgives not that infidelity be done with Him
and whatever is less than infidelity forgives whomsoever He pleases,
And whoso associates partners with Allah has forged a great sin.
49. Have you not observed those who declare themselves to be pure?
Nay, It is Allah Who purifies whomsoever He pleases, and they shall
not be wronged a single date-thread.
50. Behold, how they are forging lie against Allah. And that in
itself a sufficient sin.
51. Have you not observed those who were given a portion of the
Book, believes in idols and demons (Satan) and say about infidels,
'these are more guided on the way than Muslims.
52. These are they whom Allah has cursed. And he whom Allah curses,
you shall never find for him any helper.
53. Have they some share in the kingdom? It is so then they would
not give mankind a speck.
54. Or do they envy the people for what Allah has given them out of
His bounty? Then We gave the Book and wisdom to the children of
Abraham and granted them a great kingdom.
55. Then some of them believed in him and some others fumed faces
from him and sufficient is Hell, as blazing fire.
56. Those who have rejected Our signs, We shall soon cause them to
enter Fire. Whenever their skins shall be fully burnt up, We shall
change them with other skins, that they may taste the torment.
Undoubtedly, Allah is Dominant Wise.
57. And those who believed and did good deeds, We shall soon make
them enter Gardens beneath which rivers flow they shall abide
therein for ever. For them there are pure wives, And We cause them
to enter a place where there shall be shade only shade.
58. Undoubtedly, Allah commends you to pay back the trusts to their
owners, and that when you judge amongst people, judge with justice.
Undoubtedly how well Allah admonishes you, verily Allah Hears Sees.
59. O believers! Obey Allah and Obey the messenger, and those who
have power of command amongst you, then again if there may arise any
difference amongst you, refers it to Allah and His messenger, if you
have faith in Allah and the Last Day. This is better, and its end is
60. Have you not observed those, who claim that they believe in what
has been sent down to you, and what has been send down before you?
Then they wish to make the devil their arbiter, whereas they were
commanded to reject him wholly. And Satan desires to lead them far
61. And when it is said to them! Come towards the Book sent down by
Allah and the messenger then you shall see that the hypocrites turn
away from you averting their faces.
62. How shall it be, when any affliction befalls them, for what
their hands have sent forth? Then O beloved! They come to you
swearing by Allah that our object was kindness and concord only.
63. Allah knows what is in their hearts then overlook them, and
admonish them and say to them convincing words concerning their
64. And We have not sent any messenger, but that he should be obeyed
by Allah's will. And if when they do injustice unto their souls,
then O beloved! They should come to you and then beg forgiveness of
Allah and the messenger should intercede for them then surely, they
would find Allah Most Relenting, Merciful.
65. Then O beloved! By your Lord, they shall not be Muslims until
they make you judge in all disputes among themselves, then they find
not any impediment in their hearts concerning whatever you decide,
and accept from the eve of their hearts.
66. And if We had made it obligatory on them; that 'kill yourselves
and go out leaving your hearth and home, then only a few of them
would have done so; and if they do of what they are advised, then it
was better for them and stronger in establishing faith.
67. And if it had been so then We would have certainly given them a
great reward from ourselves.
68. And We would surely have guided them to the straight path.
69. And he who obeys Allah and His messenger then he will get the
company of those who have been blessed by, Allah, viz. the prophets,
and the truthful, and martyrs and the righteous, and what good
companions are they.
70. This is the bounty from Allah, And Allah is Sufficient Knower.
71. O believers! Take precaution, then march forth towards enemies
in bits or go forth all together.
72. And among you some one is he, who will indeed tarry behind, then
if any calamity comes to you he says, It was Allah's favour on me
that I was not present with them.
73. And if you get bounty of Allah, then he would certainly say, as
if there was no friendship between you and him, If I would have
gained a great gain.
74. Then let them fight in the way of Allah who sell the worldly
life for the Hereafter; and whoso fights in the way of Allah, then
he is slain or be He victorious then soon We shall give him a great
75. And what happened to you that you fight not in the way of Allah,
and for the weak men and women and children who are praying, 'O our
Lord! Take us out of this town whose people are unjust and give us
any defender from Yourself and give us any helper from Yourself.
76. The believers fight in the way of Allah and the infidels fight
in the way of the devil, then fight against the friends of Satan's
undoubtedly, the Satan's strategy is weak.
77. Have you not observed those to whom it was said 'restrain your
hands, and establish prayer and pay the specified charity (Zakat),
then when fighting was made obligatory on them, then some of them
began to fear people as they should fear Allah or even more than
that, And said they 'O our Lord! Why have you prescribed fighting on
us, You, would have allowed us to live for a short period'. Say you
'the enjoyment of the world is little and the Hereafter is better
for the god fear, and you shall not be wronged a single thread (a
78. Wherever you may be, death will overtake you, though if you be
in strong forts. And if some good reaches them, then they say, 'this
is from Allah and if some bad reaches them, then they say, 'This has
come from you. Say you, 'All is from Allah. Then what happened to
them, they seem not to understand anything.
79. O Listener! Whatsoever good reaches to you is from Allah, and
whatsoever bad reaches to you is from yourself. And O beloved! We
have sent you, as a Messenger to all mankind and Allah is sufficient
80. Whoso obeys the messenger, has indeed obeyed Allah, and whoso
turns away his face, then We have not sent you to save them.
81. And they say, 'We have obeyed, but when they go forth from your
presence, then a group of them makes plan in the night against what
they had said; and Allah writes down their night plan, then O
beloved! You overlook them and trust in Allah. And sufficient is
Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
82. Then do they not ponder in Quran and if it had been from other
than Allah, then they would surely have found therein much
83. And when there comes to them any matter of satisfaction or of
fear, they spread it about, and if they had referred it towards the
Messenger and their men of authority, then surely they would have
known its reality from those who investigate and can draw
conclusion. And if there had not been the grace of Allah and His
Mercy upon you, then surely you would have followed the devil save a
few of you.
84. Then O beloved! Fight in the way of Allah, you shall not be
taxed except for yourself and persuade the Muslims it is likelihood
that Allah would withhold the fierceness of infidels. And the force
of Allah is strongest and His torment hardest.
85. Whoso makes a good intercession, there is a share in it for him
and whoso makes an evil intercession, and there is a share in it for
him. And Allah has power over everything.
86. And when you are greeted with any word of greeting then, greet
him back with a better word than it or return the same. Undoubtedly,
Allah is Reckoner of everything.
87. Allah is beside whom there is none to be worshiped. And He will
certainly gather you on the Day of Resurrection of which there is no
doubt. And who is more truthful in his word than Allah.
88. And what has happened to you that you are divided into two
parties regarding hypocrites? And Allah has upset them for their
deeds. Do you desire to guide him whom Allah has led? Astray? And
whom Allah leads astray you shall never find a way for him.
89. They wish that you should also become dis-believers as they
became disbeliveers, so that you may all become equals, then take
not anyone of them as your friend unless they leave their homes and
'hearths in the way of Allah again if they turn faces, then seize
them and kill them where ever you find them and take not any of them
as friends or helpers.
90. Except those who are connected with such a people between whom
and you there is a pact, or they come to you because their hearts
have no strength to fight against you or fight their own people. And
if Allah had so pleased, He would certainly have given them control
over you, then they would have surely fought with you. So if they
keep aloof from you and fight you not, and make you an offer of
peace, then Allah has opened no way for you against them.
91. Now you will find some such other who desire, that they may be
safe from you and may be safe from their people too, whenever their
people turn them towards mischief they fall head long into it then
if they do not keep aloof from you and nor offer you peace and
withhold not their hands, seize them and kill them where-ever you
find. And these are against whom We have given you clear authority.
92. And it is not befitting Muslims to shed the blood of Muslim save
by a mischance and he who kills any Muslim unknowingly, then he has
to free a Muslim slave and blood compensation to be paid to the
family of the deceased but that they forego. Then if he is from a
people who is your enemy and he is himself a Muslim then there is
only the freeing of a Muslim slave, and if he is from a people
between whom and you there is a pact, then the blood compensation be
delivered to his family and the freeing of a slave Muslims, but
whose hand does not reach to this (Finds no means to free a slave
Muslim) then he should fast for two consecutive months this is his
repentance near Allah. And Allah is knowing. Wise.
93. And whoso kills a Muslim wilfully, then his recompense is Hell,
abiding therein for a long time and Allah's wrath is upon him and
has cursed him and has prepared for him a great torment.
94. O believers! When you march forth for a crusade then make proper
investigation and he who greets you, say not to him, 'you are not
Muslim, you seek the goods of living world, then with Allah there
are spoils abundant. You too were such before, and then Allah
conferred His favour on you; so you are duty bound to investigate.
Undoubtedly, Allah is aware of what you do.
95. Those Muslims who sit aloof from the fighting without excuse and
those who strive in the way of Allah with their wealth and lives are
not equal Allah has exalted in rank those who strive with their
wealth and lives over those who sit aloof. And Allah has promised
good to all And Allah has preferred the strivers over the sitters by
a great reward.
96. From Him, ranks and forgiveness and mercy. And Allah is
97. Those whose souls are taken out by angels while they were
wronging themselves the angels say to them, 'what were you in'? They
say 'We were weak in the land.' they say 'Was not Allah's earth
spacious so that you might have emigrated in it? Then the abode of
such people is Hell. And an evil returning place is that.
98. Except those who are suppressed, men and women and children who
are unable to devise a plan or of finding any way.
99. Then it is likelihood that as for such Allah will pardon. And
Allah is Pardoning. Forgiving
100. And he who will come out leaving his home and hearth in the way
of Allah will find abundant place and space in the earth. And he who
comes out from his home, emigrating cowards Allah and messenger,
then death overtakes him, then his reward lies on Allah And Allah is
101. And when you journey in the land, there is no sin of you that
you offer your some prayer by shortening it, if you fear that the
infidels will afflict you. Undoubtedly, the infidels are your open
102. And O beloved! (Prophet) when you are amidst them, then lead
them in prayer, then let a party of them be with you and let them
take their arms, then when they have finished their prostrations,
then moving from there they should go to your rear; and now let
other party who had not participated in the prayer at that time,
come and be your follower in the prayer and let them also take their
means of protection and weapons; the infidels wish that in case you
become negligent of your arms and your baggage, then once they may
fall upon you. And there is no fault upon you, if you are in trouble
due to rain or you are sick that you put aside your arms, but you
carry your means of protection with you. Undoubtedly, Allah has
prepared for the infidels a degrading torment.
103. Then when you have finished your prayer, remember Allah,
standing, sitting and dying or your sides; then when you are secure,
establish prayer as usual; undoubtedly, the prayer is a fixed time
obligation on Muslims.
104. And slacken not in seeking infidels, if you are troubled; and
you hope from Allah what they hope not. And Allah is knowing, Wise.
105. O beloved! (Prophet) undoubtedly, We have sent down to you the
Book with truth that you may judge amongst people as you are shown
by Allah. And quarrel not from the side of deceivers.
106. And seek forgiveness of Allah. Undoubtedly Allah is Forgiving,
107. And dispute not for those who deceive their souls. Undoubtedly,
Allah loves not any big deceitful sinner.
108. They hide from men, but hide not from Allah and Allah is with
them when they design in their hearts that thing which is disliked
by Allah. And Allah has encompassed their doings.
109. (Do you hear?) it is you who have contended on behalf of them
in the life of this world; then who will contend on behalf of them
with Allah on the Day of Judgement or who will be their pleader.
110. And whoso does evil or wrongs his own soul, thereafter seeks
forgiveness of Allah shall find Allah Forgiving, s Merciful.
111. And whoso earns sin, then his earning is against his own soul
only. And Allah is knowing and Wise.
112. And whoso earns, a fault or sin, then casts it upon any
innocent, certainly he has borne a calumny and a clear sin.
113. And O beloved! (Prophet) If there had not been the grace and
mercy of Allah upon you, then some people of them had wished to
defraud you. And they are misleading themselves only and they will
not hurt you in anything. And Allah has sent down to you the Book
and Wisdom and has taught to you what you did not know and great is
the grace of Allah upon you.
114. There is no good in most of their counsels but whoso commands
charity or good things or making peace amongst people. And whoso
does this for seeking the approvals of Allah, We shall soon give him
a great reward.
115. And whoso opposes the Messenger after the right way has become
clear and follows a way other than the way of Muslims, We shall
leave him on his own conditions and shall cause him to enter Hell;
and what is an evil place of returning.
116. Allah forgives not that anyone be associated with Him as
partner but whatever is below that He forgives to whomsoever He
pleases. And whoso associates with Him any partner has indeed
strayed far away.
117. These polytheists worship not besides Allah but some females
and worship not but a rebel Satan (devil).
118. Whom Allah has cursed. And he said, 'I swear, I will certainly
take some fixed portion of Your bondmen.
119. I swear, I will certainly lead them astray and certainly I will
excite in them desires and will certainly say to them that they
would cut the ears of cattle and will certainly bid to them that
they would alter the creation of Allah. And he, who takes Satan for
a friend beside Allah, has suffered a manifest loss.
120. Satan makes them promises and stirs in them desires, 'and Satan
makes them not promises but deception.
121. Their destination is Hell; they will not find a place to escape
122. And those who believed and did good deeds, soon We shall cause
them to enter gardens beneath which flow rivers abiding therein for
ever. Promise of Allah is true and whoso word is more truthful than
123. Neither the work depends on your wishful thinking, nor on the
desires of the people of the Book, whoso will do evil shall be
requited thereof and he shall not find, besides Allah any protector
124. And whose will do some good deeds, may be a male or female and
be a Muslim, then they shell enter Paradise, and they shall not be
wronged a bit.
125. And whose religion is; better than he who submits his face to
Allah and he is a doer of good and follows the faith of Ibraham who
was separate from every falsehood? And Allah took Ibraham for His
126. And to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens, and all at is
in the earth. And over every thing Allah has control.
127. And they ask you your verdict concerning women. Say them, Allah
gives verdict to you concerning them and that which is recited to
you in Quran concerning the orphan girls whom you give not what is
prescribed for them, and turn your faces from marrying them, and
concerning the weak children, and concerning this that you maintain
justice towards orphans. And whatever good you do, then Allah is
aware of it.
128. And if any woman be afraid of high-handedness or disregard from
her husband, then there is no sin on them that they may reconcile
among themselves and reconciliation is best. And the hearts are
entangled into greediness. And if you do good and be god- fearing
then Allah is aware of your doings.
129. And it would never be possible for you that you keep women on
equal footing, how ever much you may desire it then this should not
be the case that you should incline wholly towards one side so that
you leave other candling in the midst. And if you do good and be god
fearing then undoubtedly, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
130. And if they both separate, then Allah will make each of you
independent from the other out of His bounty And Allah is Bountiful
131. And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is
in the earth. And undoubtedly, Allah has enjoined those who were
given the Book before you and you too that remain fearing Allah. But
if you commit infidelity then undoubtedly, to Allah belongs whatever
is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And Allah is
132. And to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is
in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as real Doer.
133. O people! If He pleases, He can take you away, and bring
others. And Allah has full power to do this.
134. Whoso desires the reward of the world then with Allah is the
reward both of the world and of the Hereafter. And Allah is Hearing,
135. O believers! Stand firmly for justice, giving witness for
Allah, may be therein your own loss, or of your parents or of your
relations. Against whom you be a witness, he be a rich or be a poor,
in any case Allah has more power than any one over them, therefore
follow not passion lest you may be far away from justice; and if you
distort or turn your face, then Allah is aware of your doings.
136. O believers! Keep faith in Allah and His Messenger and the Book
which He has sent down upon His Messenger and the Book which has
been sent down before. And who denies Allah and His angels and His
Books and His Messengers and the Last Day, then certainly he strayed
137. Undoubtedly, those who accepted faith, then became infidels,
then again accepted faith, then became infidels then after increased
in infidelity, Allah will never forgive them nor will show them the
138. Give tidings to the hypocrites that for them is the painful
139. Those who take infidels for friends instead of Muslims, Do they
seek honour with them then all honour is for Allah.
140. And undoubtedly Allah has already sent down to you in the Book
that, when you hear the signs of Allah being denied and is being
ridiculed, then sit not with them until they engage in some other
conversation, otherwise you would be like them too. Undoubtedly,
Allah will gather hypocrites and infidels all in Hell.
141. Those who use to watch your position, then if you get victory
from Allah, they say, 'Were We not with you, and if the infidels had
a share, then they say to them, 'Had we not control over you?' and
we protected you from the Muslims. Then Allah will decide between
you all on the Day of Judgement. And Allah will not make a way for
the infidels against Muslims.
142. Undoubtedly, the hypocrites are likely to deceive Allah in
their own conjecture and it is He who will kill them making them
negligent, and when they stand up for prayer they stand up with a
defeated soul (lazily) making a show to the people and remember not
Allah but little.
143. They are wavering in the midst neither of this side nor of
that. And whom Allah leads astray, you shall not then find a way for
144. O believers! Take not infidels for friends except Muslims. Do
you wish that you may provide clear proof for Allah against you?
145. Undoubtedly, the hypocrites are in the lowest section of the
Hell, and you shall never get any helper for them.
146. But those who repented, and mended (themselves) and, hold fast
by the rope of Allah and made their religion purely; for Allah, then
these are with the Muslims. And soon Allah will give a great reward
147. And what will Allah do by tormenting you? If you accept the
just and accept faith. And Allah is Responsive, Aware.
148. Allah likes not the uttering of evil words except one who is
being oppressed. And Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
149. If you do any good openly or in secret or pardon any one's
evil, then undoubtedly, Allah is Pardoning, Powerful.
150. Those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messengers and desire to
separate from Allah His Messengers and say, 'some we believe and
other some we deny,' and desire to envisage a way between believing
151. They are the infidels in truth and We have already prepared a
degrading torment for the infidels.
152. And those who have believed in Allah and in all of His
Messengers and have made no distinction between any of them in
believing to them, soon Allah will give their reward and Allah is
153. O beloved! (Prophet) The people of the Book ask you to bring
down a book upon them from heaven but they have already asked Moses
a greater thing than this, for said. "Show us Allah openly''. Then
thunder overtook them for their sins. Then they took the calf after
clear signs had come to them. But We pardoned even that and We gave
Moses a clear dominance
154. Then We raised the Tur (Mountain) over them for taking
convenant with them and said to them, 'enter the gate prostrating'',
and said to them. 'Transgress not in the matter of Sabbath'
(Saturday of the Jews) and We took from them a firm convenant.
155. Then! We cursed them because of their breaking the convenant
and that they denied the signs of Allah, and slaying unjustly the
prophets and for their saying there are covers on our hearts'. But
Allah has sealed their hearts because of their infidelity. So that
they do not accept faith but little of them.
156. And for this that they committed infidelity and raised a
tremendous calumny over Marium.
157. And for their saying. We slew the Messiah. Jesus son of Mary,
the Messenger of Allah', Whereas they slew him not and neither
crucified him, but one was made like him for them. And those who are
differing about him, certainly, they are in doubt regarding' him.
They have not the least knowledge about it, but merely following a
conjecture, and undoubtedly, they slew him' not.
158. But Allah raised him up towards Himself, and Allah is Dominant,
159. There is not any one of the people of the Book, who will not
believe in him before his death, and he will be a witness against
them on the Day of judgement.
160. Then on account of great injustice of the Jews, We made
unlawful for them some of those pure things that were lawful for
them, and because of that, they kept away many from the way of
161. And because they took usury whereas they were prohibited from
it, and they consumed people's wealth unjustly, and those of them
who became infidels, We have prepared a painful torment for them.
162. Yes, but those of them who are firm in knowledge and believe,
they believe in that which (O beloved prophet) has been sent down to
you and that which was sent down before you, and the establishers of
prayer and giver of poor due (Zakat) and the believers in Allah and
the Last Day, to such, We shall soon give a great reward.
163. Undoubtedly, O beloved Prophet! We have sent to you the
revelation as We sent revelation to Nuh and the Prophets after him,
and We sent revelation to Abraham, and Ismail and Ishaque and Yaqoob
and his children and Issa and Ayub and Yunus and Haroon and Suleman.
And We gave to Daud the Book Zaboor (Psalms).
164. And to Messengers whom We have already mentioned to you before
and to those messengers whom We have not mentioned to you. And Allah
infects spoke to Moosa.
165. The Messengers bearing good tidings and warning, so that
mankind might not have any excuse against Allah after the
Messengers. And Allah is Dominant, Wise.
166. But O beloved Prophet! Allah is witness to that what He has
sent down to you, He has sent it down with His knowledge and the
angels are witnesses, And Allah is Sufficient as a witness.
167. Those who committed infidelity and kept others away from the
way of Allah, undoubtedly they strayed far away.
168. Undoubtedly, who committed infidelity and transgressed. Allah
will never forgive them, nor will show them any way.
169. But the way of the hell, that they will abide therein for ever.
And this is easy for Allah.
170. O people! The Messenger has come to you with truth from your
Lord, then believes in him for your own good. And if you commit
infidelity, then undoubtedly, to Allah belongs whatever is in the
heavens and in the earth. And Allah is knowing, Wise.
171. O people of the Book! Exceed not in your religion, and do not
say of Allah any thing but truth. The Messiah Issa son of Marium is
only the Messenger of Allah and His word that was sent to Mary and a
spirit from Him. Then believe in Allah and His Messengers and do not
say, 'three'. Refrain for your own good. Allah is the only one God.
Far is it from His Holiness that He should have a son. To Him
belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And
Allah is Sufficient, as real Doer.
172. Messiah scorns not to be a bondman of Allah nor do the near one
angel. And whoso scorns from His bondage and is proud, then soon He
will gather them all towards Himself.
173. Then those who accepted faith and did good deeds, after paying
them their wages in full, He will give them more out of His Grace,
and those who were scornful and proud, He will give them a painful
torment. And they will not find for themselves beside Allah any
supporter or helper.
174. O people! Undoubtedly, a manifest argument has come to you from
Allah and We have sent down to you a manifest light.
175. Then those who believed in Allah and hold His rope firmly, then
soon Allah will cause them to enter His Mercy and Grace and will
show them straight way towards Himself.
176. O beloved Prophet! They ask you for a decree. Say you, "Allah
decrees to you in respect of a person who leaves neither father nor
child that if a man dies and has no child and he has a sister then
his sister has half in his heritage and the man will be the heir of
his sister, if the sister has no child. Then if there are two
sisters then they have two-third in the heritage and if there are
brother, sister, males and females both, then the share of male is
equal to the shares of two women. Allah explains for you clearly so
that you may not go astray. And Allah knows every thing.