Madina. 16 Sections. 120 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. O believers! Fulfil your promises. Lawful (Cattle) are made unto
you, the animals having no speaking power. Save those which shall be
narrated to you further, but do not consider the hunting being
when you are in pilgrim garb. Undoubtedly, Allah commands what He
2. O believers! Do not make lawful the symbols of Allah, and nor the
sacred months, and nor the sacrifices sent to the Sacred House (Haram).
And nor those bearing signs in their necks, and nor the property and
honour of those who repair to the sacred House, seeking the grace
pleasure of their Lord. And when you put off the pilgrim's garb,
you may hunt. And let not the enmity of any people, as they had
prevented you from the Sacred Mosque insight you to commit
excessiveness. And help each other in righteousness and piety, and
not one another in sin and transgression and remain fearing Allah.
Undoubtedly, the torment of Allah is severe.
3. You are forbidden (to eat) the dead and blood and the flesh of
and that on which any name has been invoked other than Allah at the
time of slaughtering and that which dies by strangling and that
is beaten to death by anything unshaped and that killed by falling
that which is gored and that which has been eaten by any wild
but those which you have properly slaughtered and that which has
slaughtered at any altar and the division by casting lots with
This is an act of sin. This day the infidels are despaired of your
religion then fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected
your religion for you and completed My favour upon you and have
Islam as religion for you. But whoso is forced by extreme hunger
without inclining towards sin, then undoubtedly, Allah is Forgiving,
4. They ask you O beloved Prophet! What has been made lawful to
say you, good and pure things have been made lawful to you and what
hunting animals you have trained for hunting, teaching them of what
Allah has taught you, then eat of what they leave (catch) for you
hunting and pronounce the name of Allah over it, and remain fearing
Allah, Undoubtedly, Allah is swift in taking account.
5. This day all good and pure things are made lawful for you and the
food of the people of the Book is lawful for you, and your food is
lawful for them and chaste Muslim women and chaste women from
those who were given the Book before you, when you give them their
dowries while bringing them in bondage (through marriage) nor for
and nor making lover (secretly) And whoso becomes infidel after
Muslim, his entire work is destroyed and he is a loser in the
6. O believers! When you wish to stand for prayer, then wash your
and your hands up to the elbows and pass your wet hands over your
and wash your feet up to the ankles. And if you ever in need of a
then purify yourselves well. And if you are ill or you are on a
journey, or any of you comes from the privy or you have an
with women and in these conditions you do not get water, then be
yourselves to clean earth and wipe therewith your faces and your
Allah desires not that He should place you in any difficulty, yes,
desires to purify you well and to complete His favour upon you so
you may be grateful.
7. And remember Allah's favour upon you and the convenant which He
made with you, when you said, "we heard and obeyed," and fear Allah.
Undoubtedly, Allah knows the thoughts in your hearts
8. O believers! Stand-up firmly by the Commandments of Allah,
bearing witness with justice and let not the enmity of any people
incite you that you should not do justice. Do justice that is nearer
to piety and fear Allah, undoubtedly, Allah is aware of your doings.
9. Allah has promised to the believers and those who do good deeds
that for them are forgiveness and a great reward.
10. And those who committed infidelity and belied Our signs, they
are the people of Hell.
11. O believers! Remember the favour of Allah upon you when a people
intended to stretch out their hands against you, then He withheld
their hands from you and fear Allah And on Allah only should the
12. And undoubtedly! Allah took convenant from children of Israel.
And We raised among them twelve chieftains. And Allah said,
'undoubtedly, I am with you, necessarily if you establish prayer,
and pay the poor-due (Zakat) and believe in My Messengers and pay
them respect and lend to Allah a goodly loan, undoubtedly, I shall
remove your sins and surely shall cause you to enter into the
Gardens beneath which flow rivers then after that whoso of you
commit infidelity, necessarily, he is strayed away from the right
13. Then because of breaking their convenant, how We cursed them and
made their hearts hard. They change the words of Allah from their
places and have forgotten a good portion of those admonitions, which
were given to them, and you shall always continue to be told of one
or the other of their treachery, save a few of them, so pardon them,
and overlook them. Undoubtedly, Allah loves the benefactors.
14. And those who claimed that we are Christians, We took convenant
from them, they too have forgotten a good portion of those
admonitions which were given to them, so We have caused enmity and
hatred among themselves till the Day of Judgement. And soon Allah
will tell them, what they used to do.
15. O people of the Book! Undoubtedly, Our Messenger has come to you
who makes clear to you much of that which you had hidden in the Book
and pardons much. Undoubtedly, there has come to you from Allah a
light and a Book, luminous.
16. Allah guides therewith him who followed His pleasure into the
ways of peace and carries them to light from the darkness by His
Command and shows them right path.
17. Undoubtedly, they have become infidels, who said, 'Messiah son
of Marium, is the very Allah himself. Say you. 'Who then can do
anything against Allah if He desires to destroy Messiah son of
Marium and his mother and everyone on earth And to Allah belongs the
Kingdom of heavens and earth and all that is between them. He
creates what He pleases. And Allah can do every thing.
18. And the Jews and Christians said We are sons of Allah and His
dear ones'. Say you; 'why then does He torment you for your sins'?
But you are human beings of His creations. He forgives whom He
pleases. And to Allah belongs the Kingdom of heavens and earth and
all that is between them. And towards Him is the return.
19. O people of the Book! Undoubtedly, there has come to you Our
this Messenger who makes clear to you Our Commands, after a break of
the coming of messenger for a long time lest you say' 'there came
not to us any bearer of glad tidings or Warner, then now there has
come to you a bearer of glad tidings and Warner. And Allah is Potent
20. And when Moses said to his people, 'O my people! Remember the
favour of Allah upon you that He made amongst you Messengers and
made you Kings, and gave you that which He gave not this day to
anyone in the world.'
21. O my people! Enter this Holy Land which Allah has written for
you and turn not back, for you will turn in loss.
22. They said, 'O Moses! Therein there are most powerful people, and
we shall never enter it until they go forth from it, yes, if they go
forth from there, then we shall go there.
23. Two men of those who feared Allah whom Allah had favoured said,
'enter the gate forcibly against them, if you enter the gate then
there is only yours, victory, and put your trust in Allah only, if
24. They said, 'O Moses! We shall never go there until they are
there, then go forth you and your Lord and you both fight, we are
25. Moses submitted, 'O my Lord! I have no control over any but
myself and my bother then You keep us separate from these
26. Allah said, 'then that land is forbidden to them for forty
years, let them wander in the land, therefore grieve not over these
27. And narrate you to them the true news of the two sons of Adam,
when they each offered an offering then it was accepted from one and
was not accepted from the other. Ho said, I swear that I shall kill
you'. The other said, 'Allah accepts only from God fearing'.
28. Undoubtedly, if you shall stretch your hand against me to kill
me, then I shall not stretch my hand against you to kill you, I fear
Allah, the Lord of all the Worlds.
29. I wish that my sin as well as your sin both should go to your
side, so that you may be the man of Hell and this is the punishment
30. Then his soul induced him to kill his brother, so he killed him
and remained in losers.
31. Then Allah sent a raven, scratching in the earth, so that he
might show him, how he should hide the corpse of his brother. He
said, 'Oh woe is me! I could not be able even like this raven so
that I may hide the corpse of my brother, then he remained
32. On account of this. We wrote for the children of Israel that
whosoever killed a soul not to retaliate for a soul, nor for
creating disorder in the land, then it is as if he had killed all
mankinds. And whoso gave life to one soul, then it is as if he had
given life to all mankinds. And undoubtedly, Our Messengers came to
them with clear proofs then undoubtedly, many of them after that
commit excess in the land.
33. The only recompense of those who fight against Allah and His
Messenger and wander about in the land making mischief is this that
they all should he slain or he crucified or their hands of one side
and the feet of the other side be cut off or be sent far away from
the land This is their disgrace in the world and in the Hereafter
for them there is great torment.
34. But those who repented before you have control over them then
know that Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
35. O believers! Fear Allah and seek the means of approach to Him
and strive in His way haply you may get prosperity.
36. Undoubtedly, those who became infidels possessed all that is in
the earth and as much over again to ransom themselves thereby from
the torment of the Day of Judge meet, it shall not be accepted from
them and for them is the painful torment.
37. They will wish to come out of the Hell but they will not be able
to come out of it, and for them is the lasting punishment.
38. And whoso the man or the woman is a thief, then cut off their
hands, the recompense for what they have done, a punishment from
Allah And Allah is Dominant, Wise.
39. Then whoso repents after his injustice and amends then Allah
will turn to him with His Mercy, Undoubtedly, Allah is Forgiving,
40. Do you not know that to Allah belongs the Kingdom of heavens and
earth? He punishes whom He pleases. And Allah can do everything.
41. O Messenger! Let not those grieve you who run towards
infidelity, some of those who say with their mouths, we have
accepted faith. And their hearts are not Muslims, and some of the
Jews who listen falsehood very well and listen very well to other
people who have not come to you. They change the words of Allah from
their places, and say, If you get this command, then accept it, and
if you get not this, then be on your guard.' And to whom Allah
pleases to misguide. Then you shall never be able to avail him
anything against Allah. 'These are they whose hearts Allah intended
not to purify To them there is disgrace in the world, and to them
there is great torment in the Hereafter.
42. They are habitual listeners of lies, great devourers of the
things forbidden. So if they come to you, then judge between them or
turn your face from them, and if you will turn your face from them,
they shall not harm you at all. And if you judge between them then
judge with justice. Undoubtedly, Allah likes the just.
43. And how they will wish judgement from you while they have Taurah
with them wherein is Allah's judgement then thereafter they turn
away their faces from it. And they are not to believe.
44. Undoubtedly, We have sent down Taurah, wherein is the guidance
and light. According to it the Jews were ordered by Our obedient
prophets and men of reaming and, jurists for it was desired from
them to preserve the Book of Allah and they were witnesses to it,
then fear not people, but fear Me and do not accept mean price for
Our Signs. And whoso judges not according to what Allah has sent
down, they are the persons who are infidels.
45. And We made obligatory on them in Taurah, a life for a life, and
an eye for an eye, and a nose for a nose and an ear for an ear and a
tooth for a tooth, and in injuries there is equitable retaliation.
Then whoso recompenses with happy heart then that shall be expiation
for his sin. And whoso judges not according to what Allah has sent
down, then they are the persons unjust.
46. And We brought Isa son of Marium following those prophets on
their footsteps, confirming Taurah that had come before him, and We
gave him Injeel wherein is guidance and light and confirms Taurah
that had come before it, and guidance and admonition to the
47. And let the people of Injeel judge by what Allah has revealed in
it, and whoso judges not by what Allah has sent down, then it is
they who are the transgressors.
48. And O beloved Prophet! We have sent down to you the true Book
confirming the Books preceding it and as a protector and witness
over them. So judge you between them according to what Allah has
sent down and O listener! Do not follow their desires leaving the
truth that has come to you, We ordained a law and way for all of
you, and if Allah had willed, He would have made you all a single
people, but He desires to test you in what He has given you. So
desire to excel in good deeds. You are all to return towards Allah,
and then He shall tell you regarding what you used to dispute.
49. And that O Muslim! Judge according to what Allah has sent down
and follow not their desires and be on guard against them lest they
cause to slip you from any command that has come to you Then if they
turn their faces then know that Allah wishes to give them punishment
for some of their sins. And no doubt, many men are disobedient.
50. Do they seek the judgement of the days of ignorance? And who is
better in judgement than Allah for a people of firm faith?
51. O believer! Do not take the Jews and Christians as friends, they
are friends of each other among themselves, and whoso of you makes
them his friends, then he is one of them. Undoubtedly Allah guides
not the people unjust.
52. Now, you will see those in whose hearts is a disease run towards
the Jews and Christians saying, 'We fear lest a misfortune befall
us'. Then it' is near that Allah may bring a, victory, or any
Commandment from Himself, then they will remain regretting on what
they had concealed in their hearts.
53. And the believers say. 'Are they the same who swore by Allah in
their Oaths with full strength that they were with you'? Their works
were all destroyed. Then they were left in loss.
54, O believers! Whoso of you will turn back from his religion, then
soon Allah shall bring such people that they will be dear to Allah
and Allah will be dear to them, humble towards the Muslims, and
stern towards the infidels. They will fight in the way of Allah and
will not fear the reproach of any reproacher This is the bounty of
Allah, He gives it whom He pleases. And Allah is All-embracing, All
55. Only Allah is your friend and His Messenger and the believers
that they establish the prayer and pay the poor-due and are bowed
down before Allah.
56. And whoso takes Allah and His Messenger and Muslims as his
fiends, then undoubtedly, the party of Allah only is dominant.
57, O believers! Do not take any of them as your friend who has made
your religion a mockery and a play-thing those who were given the
Book before you and the infidels, and remain fearing Allah if you
58. And when you call for prayer, they make it a mockery and a
play-thing. That is because they are wholly unwise people.
59. Say you 'O people of the Book! What seemed you bad of us, only
this that we believe in Allah and what has been sent down to us and
what was sent down before, and that most of you are dis-obedients.
60. Say you, 'shall I tell you about those who are in a worse
condition with Allah than this? Those whom Allah has cursed and on
them has caused anger and of whom He has made apes and swine and
worshippers of devil (Satan). Their destination is worse and they
are astrayed farther from the right path.
61. And when they come to you, they say, 'We are Muslims,' while
they were infidel; when they came and infidels too when they
departed. And Allah knows well what they are concealing.
62. And you will see many of them run towards sin and transgression
and eating what is forbidden. Undoubtedly they are practising evil
63. Why their clergymen and priests do not forbid then from uttering
sinful words and eating of things forbidden'' Undoubtedly. They are
performing evil things.
64. The Jews have said, the hand of Allah is tied up, their own
hands he tied up and there be curse of Allah on them for their
uttering, but His hands are wide open. He gives how He pleases, And
O beloved Prophet! What has been sent down to you from your Lord
will increase many of them in wickedness and infidelity. And We have
cast among them enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgement.
Whenever they kindle the fire of war, Allah extinguishes it and run
about in the land for mischief. And Allah loves not the mischief
65 And had the people of the Book believed and been duty-bound. Then
indeed We would have removed their sins and We would surely have
caused them to enter gardens of Bliss.
66. And had they maintained Taurah and Injeel and what has been sent
down to them from their Lord, then they would have received
subsistence from above and from beneath their feet. A party among
them is moderate and most of them are doing most evil things.
67. O Messenger! Communicate that which has been sent down to you
from your Lord. And if it is not so, then you have not conveyed His
any message. And Allah will guard you from the people. Undoubtedly,
Allah gives not way to the infidels.
68. Say you, 'O people of the Book! You are nothing until you
establish Taurah and Injeel and what has been sent down to you from
your Lord. And undoubtedly, O beloved Prophet! What has been sent
down to you from your Lord, will increase many of them in wickedness
and infidelity, then grieve not for the infidels.
69. Undoubtedly, those who call themselves Muslims and in the same
way the Jews and worshipers of stars (Sabaeans) and Christians,
whoso of them believes with true heart in Allah and the Last Day and
works good, then on them neither there is any fear nor any grief.
70. Undoubtedly, We took a covenant from the children of Israel, and
We sent Messengers to them. Whenever any Messenger came with those
things which their soul did not desire, they belied a party (of
them) and another they slain.
71. And they imagine, that there shall be no punishment, (for them)
then they became blind and deaf, then again Allah accepted their
repentance, yet again most of them became blind and deaf. And Allah
is seeing their works.
72. Undoubtedly, those are infidels, who say, "Masih son of Maryam
is the very Allah'. And whereas Masih had said 'O children of lsrail
worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord Undoubtedly, whoso. Associates
anyone with Allah, then Allah has forbidden paradise to him and his
abode is Hell. And there is no helper of unjust.
73 Undoubtedly, those are infidels who say, 'Allah is third of the
three Gods, and there is no God but the one God. And if they desist
not from what they say, then a painful torment shall surely befall
to those who will die as infidels.
74. Then why they do not turn towards Allah and ask His Forgiveness?
And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
75. The Messiah son of Mary was not but a Messenger, many Messengers
passed away before him. And his mother is a truthful woman. Both
used to take food. See how clear signs We explain for them, then see
how they are turned away.
76. Say you, 'Do you worship beside Allah, that which is neither
master of your loss nor of profit. And Allah is the Hearing, the
77. O people of the Book! Exceed not the limits in your religion
unjustly, and follow not the desires of a people who have already
gone astray and caused many to go astray and have strayed away from
the right path.
78. Cursed were those who committed infidelity from amongst the
children of Israel by the tongue of Daud and Isa son of Maryam. This
reward because of their dis-obedience and transgression.
79. Whatever bad they did they did not prohibit one other among
themselves. Necessarily, they used to do evil things.
80. You will see many of them befriend infidels. What an evil thing
they have sent forth for themselves that Allah's Wrath fell upon
them and they shall dwell in torment forever.
81. And if they had believed in Allah and this prophet and what has
been sent down to him, then they would not have taken the infidels
as friends but, many of them are disobedients.
82. You shall surely find the Jews and polytheist the bitterest
enemies of Muslims, and surely you shall find the nearest in
friendship to Muslims, those who used to say, "we are Christians."
That is because among them are men of learning and monks and they
are not proud.
83. And when they hear what has been sent down towards the
Messenger, then see, their eyes are overflowing tears because they
have recognised the truth they say, 'O our Lord we have accepted
faith, then write us down among the witnesses of truth.
84. And what happened to us that we should not have faith in Allah
and the truth that has come to us and we long that our Lord would
cause us to enter with the righteous people.
85. Therefore, Allah on account of what they say gave them gardens
beneath which rivers flow, they will abide therein. This is the
recompense of the righteous.
86. And those who committed infidelity and belied Our signs are the
people of Hell.
87. O' believers! Make not unlawful the pure things, which Allah has
made lawful for you and cross not the limit. Undoubtedly, Allah
likes not those who cross the limit.
88. And eat what Allah has provided you lawful and pure. And fear
Allah in Whom you believe.
89. Allah holds not you responsible for oaths taken by
misunderstanding, but He holds you responsible for oaths which you
made binding then the expiation of such oaths is the feeding of ten
needy people with average food with which you feed your family
members, or clothing them or the freeing of a slave then whoso finds
not anything of these, then for him is the fasting of three days.
This is the expiation of your oaths when you have sworn. And guard
your oaths. Similarly Allah explains His signs to you so that you
may be grateful.
90. O believers! Wine and gambling and idols and divining arrows are
only unclean things, a work of devil (Satan) then save yourselves
from them, so that you may prosper.
91. The devil (Satan) desires only to put hatred and enmity among
you in regard to wine and gambling and to bar you from the
remembrance of Allah and from prayer, will you then desist?
92. And obey Allah and obey the Messenger and be careful then if you
turn back, know then that the responsibility over Our Messenger is
only to deliver the message clearly.
93. On those who believed and did righteous work there is no sin for
what they have eaten when they fear and keep faith and do righteous
work, again fear and keep faith, then again fear and remain
righteous And Allah loves the, righteous.
94. O believers! Allah shall surely test you with some such game
which your hands and lances may reach in order that Allah may make
known those who fear Him without seeing, then after this who so
crosses the limit, for him is a painful punishment.
95. O believers! Kill not game while you are in a pilgrim garb. And
who so amongst you kills it intentionally, then; his compensation is
that he should give a like animal from amongst the cattle as judged
by two just persons among you, this offering reaching to the Kaaba,
or as an expiation, feeding of some needy persons or its equivalent
in, fasting, so that he may taste the enormity of his deed. Allah
has pardoned what happened in the past. And who so will do now Allah
will take retribution from him. And Allah is Dominant Lord of
96. Lawful is to you the game of the sea and its eating for the
benefit of you and the travellers and forbidden to you is the game
of the land, so long you are in pilgrim garb. And fear Allah towards
Whom you are to rise.
97. Allah made Kaaba the sacred House as an establishment for the
people, and so the sacred month and the offerings of the sacred
House and the animals with the marks hanging in the neck. That is so
that you may believe that Allah knows what is in the heavens and
what is in the earth and that Allah knows everything.
98. Know that the torment of Allah is severe and Allah is Forgiving.
99. Nothing is on the Messenger but communicating the Message. And
Allah knows what you disclose and what you hide.
100. Say you, 'the dirty and clean are not equal, even though the
abundance of the dirty may please you, then remain fearing Allah,
O men of understanding! So that you may get prosperity.
101. O believers! ask not such things which if disclosed to you, may
displease you; and if you will ask while the Quran is descending
then they would be disclosed to you. Allah has already pardoned
them. And Allah is Forgiving, Forbearing.
102. A people before you asked them, then became rejecters therein.
103. Allah has not appointed any 'Bahira' and nor 'Saiba' and nor
'Wasila' and nor 'Hami' (names of sacred animals she camels and she
goats of the time of Pagans) but yes, the infidels fabricate the lie
against Allah. And most of them are perfectly unwise.
104. And when it is said to them, 'come to what Allah has sent down
and to the Messenger', they say,' enough for us is that wherein we
found, our fathers, what! Even though their fathers knew nothing nor
105. O believers! Take care of yourselves. He, who has gone astray,
will not harm you when you are on the right way. Towards Allah is
the return of you all, then He will tell you what you were doing.
106. O believers! The evidence among yourselves when death
approaches any of you at the time of making a will is of two jut
persons from among you or two of the others, when you be on journey
in the land, and the calamity of death befall you, Detain them both
after prayer, they should swear by Allah if you are in any doubt,
that we shall not purchase any wealth in exchange of the oath, even
though he may be a near relation, and will not hide the testimony of
Allah if we do so, we are surely among the sinners.
107. Then if it is known that they became guilty of any sin, then
two others should stand in their place from amongst those nearer to
the deceased whose right has been injured by this sin (by this false
evidence), then they should swear by Allah that our evidence is more
upright than the evidence of those two, and we crossed not the
limit, if it be so then we should be of the unjust.
108. It is nearer that they may give the evidence as it should be or
fear that some oaths may be rebutted after their oaths. And fear
Allah and listen to His commands. And Allah gives not the way to the
109. The day when Allah will gather the Messengers, then will say,
'what answer was made to you,' they will submit, 'We have no
knowledge, it is You only the Knower of all things unseen.
110. When Allah will say, 'O Issa son of Maryam, remember My favour
upon you and your mother, when I aided you with holy spirit, then
you spoke to people in the cradle and in the grown up age, and when
I taught you the Book and wisdom and Taurah and Injeel, and when you
make of clay a figure like a bird by My command then you breathe
into it, then it begins to fly by My command, and you cure the born
blind and the leper by My command, and you bring forth alive the
dead by My command, and when I restrained the children of Israel
from you when you came to them taking clear signs, then the infidels
of them spoke, 'this is nothing but an open made.
111. And when I inspired the disciples to believe in Me and in My
Messenger, they said, 'We have believed, and bare you witness that
we are muslims.'
112. When the disciples said, 'O Issa son of Maryam, will your Lord
do, that He should sent us down a tray of food from the heaven? He
said, 'fear Allah if you have faith.
113. They said, 'we wish that we may eat of it and our hearts may be
satisfied and we may see with our own eyes that you spoke truth to
as, and we may be witnesses thereof.'
114. Issa son of Maryam submitted, 'O Allah our Lord, 'sends down to
us a tray of food from the heaven so that it may be an occasion of
rejoicing for us, for the first and the last of us and a sign from
You, and provide for us and you are the best of Providers.
115. Allah said, 'I send it down to you, now therefore whoso of you
will commit infidelity, then undoubtedly. I shall torment him with a
torment wherewith I shall not punish to anyone in the entire
116. And when Allah will say, 'O Issa son of Maryam! Did you tell to
people, 'make me and my mother two gods besides Allah'? He will
submit 'bellowed be You, it is not justified for me that I should
tell the thing to which I have no reach. 'If I had said that You
would surely have known it You know what is in my heart and I do not
know what is in Your knowledge. Undoubtedly, it is You only, Knower
of, all hidden things.
117. I said not to them but that which You had commanded me that
worship Allah my Lord and your Lord, and I knew of them as long as I
remained in them, then when You took me up, then You were the
Watcher over them, and every thing is, present before You.
118. If You punish them, they are Your bondmen, and if You forgive
them, then undoubtedly, You are only the Dominant, the Wise.
119. Allah said, 'this is the day in which their truthfulness will
benefit the truthful, for them, are Gardens beneath which rivers
flow, they shall abide therein for ever. Allah is pleased with them
and they are pleased with Allah. This is the great success.
120. For Allah is the kingdom of the heavens and earth and whatever
is in them. And. He is Potent over everything.