Mecca. 24 Sections. 206 verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. O beloved prophet! (Alif Lam, Mim, Saad.)
2. A Book has been sent to you, so let there be no impediment in
your heart because of it, so that you may warn therewith and an
admonition to the muslims.
3. O' people! Follow what has been sent down to you from your Lord,
and do not go behind other masters leaving Him. Very little you
4. And many a town We have destroyed then Our torment came upon them
by night or while they slept in the noon.
5. Then nothing came out from their mouths when Our torment came
upon them but they said, 'we were unjust people.'
6. Then undoubtedly, We are necessarily to ask from those to whom
Messengers were sent and undoubtedly, We are necessarily to ask from
7. Then surely We shall tell them with Our knowledge and We were not
8. And the weighing on that day is sure then those whoso scales are
heavy, they are to attain their objects.
9. And those whose scales are light, then they are the persons who
have put their souls in loss, the recompense of those excesses which
they used to do with Our signs.
10. And undoubtedly, We established you in the earth, and have made
therein the means of your livelihood. How little thanks you give.
11. And undoubtedly, We created you, then made your shapes, then We
said to the angels, 'prostrate before Adam then all those fell
prostrate, but Iblis (devil); he was not of those who prostrated.
12. He said, 'what prevented you that you did not fall prostrate
when I ordered you? Said he, I am better than him, You created me of
fire and made him of clay.'
13. He said 'get you down from here, it is not for you that you may
behave proudly living here, get out, you are amongst the degraded
14 Said, he' give me time till the day they are raised up'.
15. He said, 'you are given time.'
16. Said he, I swear that because You have seduced me, I shall
necessarily sit on Your straight path in wait for them.
17. Then, surely I will come near them, from before them and from
behind them, and from their right and from their left. And You will
not find most of them thankful.
18. He said, 'get out from here rejected, banished. Surely those of
them who will follow you, I will fill Hell with you all."
19. And O Adam! Dwell you and your mate in the Paradise then eat
there from where so ever you will, and approach not this tree,
otherwise you will be among transgressors.
20. Then the devil (Satan) put evil suggestion in their hearts, so
that he might open to them the things of their shame which were
hidden from them and said, 'your Lord has for bidden you from this
tree only because you may not become two angels or become immortals.
21. And he swore to them both that, I am well wisher of you both.
22 Then he caused them to fall with delusion, then when they tasted
that tree, the things of their shame became manifest to them, and
they began to stick the leaves of the Paradise on their bodies. And
their Lord said to them, 'Did I not forbid you from that tree and
tell you that the Devil (Satan) is your manifest enemy'.
23, Both of them submitted, 'O Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves,
if You forgive us not and have not mercy on us, then certainly we
are among losers.'
24. He said, 'Get down, in you one is enemy of the another and you
are to stay in earth till a fixed time and there is provision for a
25. He said, 'you will be alive in it, and will die in it, and
therefrom you will be raised.'
26. O' children of Adam! Undoubtedly, We have sent down towards you
a dress that may cover your shameful parts and one that be an
adornment to you; and the dress of righteousness, that is the best.
This is one of Allah's signs, that I they may be admonished.
27. O children of Adam! Beware! Let not the devil (Satan) tempts
you, as he brought your parents out from the paradise, stripping
them of their dress that they may see their shameful parts.
Undoubtedly, he and his tribe see you whence you see them not.
Undoubtedly, We have made the devils friends of those who do not
28. And when they commit any indecency, they say, 'we found our
forefathers on it and Allah commanded us so. Then say, 'undoubtedly
Allah commands not acts of indecency.' Do you allege against Allah
what you know not?
29. Say you, My Lord has commanded justice and set your faces aright
at the time of each prayer, and worship Him being exclusively His
bondmen. As He originated you so you will return.'
30. A party He has shown path and the error of a party has been
proved. They have taken the devils (Satan) as guardians leaving
Allah and they think that they are guided.
31. O' children of Adam! Take your adornment whenever you go to
mosque and eat and drink and do not cross the limit. Undoubtedly,
the persons crossing the limit are not liked by Him.
32. Say you, 'who has forbidden the adornment of Allah, which He
brought forth for His bondmen and the pure foods? Say you. 'That is
for the believers in the world and is exclusively for them on the
Day of Resurrection. Thus We explain fully the signs for the people
who have knowledge.
33. Say you, 'My Lord has forbidden the indecencies, which of them
are open and which are hidden. And sin, and unjust excesses, and
that you associate with Allah that for which He has not sent down
any warrant and that you say of Allah what you know not.
34. And for every people there is a promise (been), then when their
term will come, they cannot remain behind for an hour nor they get
ahead of it.
35. O' children of Adam! If the Messengers come to you from among
you, reciting to you My signs! Then whoso refrains from evil and
amends, on them there is neither any fear nor any grief.
36. And those who have belied Our signs and waxed proud against
them, they are the people of Hell, in it they are to abide.
37. Then who is more unjust than he who has forged lie against Allah
or has belied His signs? They will receive what is written in their
lot till when Our Messengers came to them for taking away their
souls, then they say to them, 'where are those whom you used to
worship beside Allah.' They say, 'they are lost from us.' and they
bear witness against their own souls that they were infidels.
38. Allah says to them, enter the same Fire where other communities
of Jinn and mankind went before you when a community enters it, it
curses the other; until when all have arrived therein, then the last
will say to the first, 'O our Lord, these led us astray, then award
them double torment Of the Fire. He will say, 'all have double, but
you know not.'
39. And the first will say to the last, 'you have then not been
anyhow better than us, taste therefore the torment the recompense of
what you did'.
40. Those who belied Our signs and waxed proud against them, the
gates of heaven will not be opened for them, nor they will enter the
paradise until the camel enters-through the eye of a needle. And
thus We requite the guilty.
41. To them Fire will be the bed and Fire will be the covering. And
thus We requite the unjust.
42. And those who accepted faith and did good deeds to their
strength. We put not burden on anyone beyond his strength. They are
companions of Paradise; they are to abide therein.
43. And We have taken out the rancours from their breasts. Beneath
them will low rivers and they will say. 'all praise belong to Allah
Who has guided us to this, and we could not have found the way, if
Allah had not guided us, undoubtedly, the Messengers of our Lord
brought truth And it was proclaimed that this is the paradise you
have inherited the reward of your doings.
44. And the companions of the Heaven called the companions of the
Hell, 'We have found what our Lord promised us to be true, then have
you too found what your Lord promised you to be true? They said,
'yes,' and in between them a caller called out: 'the curse of Allah
be upon the unjust.'
45. Who bar from the path of Allah and desire to make it Crooked and
dis-believe in the Hereafter.
46. And between Heaven and Hell there is a veil and on the Heights,
there shall be some men who will recognise both groups by their
fore-heads' and call the people of Heaven, '(saying) peace be upon
you, 'these have not entered into the Heaven but are greedy for it.
47. And when their eyes will turn towards the people of the Hell,
they will say 'O' Our Lord! Keep us not with the unjust people.
48. And the people of the heights will call to certain men whom they
recognise by their foreheads, and will say, 'what did your multitude
avail you and that in which you took pride'?
49. Are these the people on whom you used to swear that Allah would
not amend His mercy a least to them? They were rather told, enter
Paradise, no fear upon you nor any grief.'
50. And the companions of the Fire will call the companions of the
Heaven that give us some benefit of your water or of that Allah has
provided for you as food. They will say 'undoubtedly, Allah has for
bidden these both to the infidels.'
51. Those who made their religion as a plaything and amusement and
the life of the world has deceived them. Therefore to day We shall
leave them as they had left the conception of meeting of this Day
and as they used to deny Our signs.
52. And surely We have brought them a Book which We have detailed
with great knowledge, a guidance and mercy to the people who
53. What they are looking for, but only this that the result of the
sayings of the Book should come before. The day when the foretold
result will occur, those who had forgotten it before will say.
'Undoubtedly the Messengers of our Lord had brought the truth, then,
is there any intercessor for us who could intercede on our behalf?
Or could We be sent back so that we might do deeds other than that
we did before. Surely they put their souls at a loss, and I have
been lost from those who used to calumniate.
54. Undoubtedly, your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and
earth in six days, then established Himself on the Throne befitting
to His Dignity. He covers the night and day by each other following
it swiftly, and made the sun and moon and stars all subservient to
His command. Behold! His is the creation and command. Blessed is
Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
55. Call on your Lord humbly and secretly. Undoubtedly, He likes not
those who cross the limit.
56. And spread not mischief in the earth after it has been set right
and call on Him fearing and longing. Surely the mercy of Allah is
nigh to the good doers.
57. It is He who sends forth winds bearing good tidings before His
mercy till they have carried heavy clouds, We drive it towards any
dead land, then send down water therewith. Then caused to grow
varied fruits there with. Thus shall We bring forth the dead, haply
you may accept admonition.
58. And the land, which is good, its vegetation comes forth with the
command of Allah and from that which is bad comes forth nothing but
very little. Thus we explain signs variedly for those who are
59. Undoubtedly, We sent Nuh towards his people then he said. 'O my
people! Worship Allah, you have no God other than He. Surely I fear
for you the torment of the Mighty Day.'
60. The leaders of his people said, 'undoubtedly, we see you in
61. Said he, 'O my people no error is in me; but I am Messenger of
the Lord of the Worlds'.
62. I deliver to you the messages of my Lord and wish your good and
I know that from Allah, which you know not.
63. And have this surprised you that an admonition has come to you
from your Lord through a man from amongst you, so that he may warn
you and you be god-fearing and haply you may be shown mercy?
64. Then they belied him, so We delivered him and those with him in
the Ark and drowned those who belied Our signs, certainly that was a
65. And to Aad send Hud from their brethren. He said, `O my people!
worship Allah, you have no god other than He.' Then do you not fear?
66. The leaders of his people said, 'surely, we find you foolish and
we surely think you to be one of the liars.
67 Said he, 'O my people there is no concern of foolishness with me,
I am indeed a Messenger from the Lord of the worlds.
68. I deliver to you the messages of my Lord and I am your
trustworthy well wisher.
69. And have this surprised you that an admonition has come to you
from your Lord through a man from amongst you, so that he may warn
you? And remember when He appointed you as successors of the people
of Huh and increased the stature of your body; then remember the
bounties of Allah that haply you may fare well.
70. They said, 'Have you come to us that we should worship Allah
alone and leave what our fathers used to worship, then bring you
that you are promising for us if you are truthful.
71. He said, 'surely there have befallen you the torment and wrath
of Lord. Are you disputing with me only about those names which you
and your fathers have named for which Allah has sent down no
authority? Wait then; I also wait with you.
72. Then We delivered him and those with him by showing a great
mercy from Us and cut off the roots of those who used to belie Our
signs and they were not believers.
73. And to Thamud We sent, Saleh from their brethren. He said. 'O my
people! worship Allah, you have no God other than He. Undoubtedly,
there has come to you bright proof from your Lord, this is a
she-camel of Allah a sign for you. So leave her that she may eat in
Allah's earth and touch her not with evil lest a painful torment
will overtake you.
74. And remember when He made you successors of Aad, and assigned
you a place in the land that you build palaces in its plains, and
hew out houses in its mountains. Then remember the bounties of Allah
and wander not in the earth spreading mischief.
75. The proud leaders of his people said, 'to the weak Muslims, 'do
you know that Saleh is a Messenger of his Lord'? They said, 'We
believe in what has been sent with him.
76. The proud ones said, 'in that which you belied we disbelieve.'
77. Then they hamstrung the she-camel and rebelled against the
command of their Lord and said, 'O Saleh, 'bring upon ' us that
which you are promising for, if you are a Messenger.
78. Then the earthquake took them so in the morning they lay
prostrate in their homes.
79. Then Saleh turned back his face from them and said, 'O my
people! Undoubtedly, I did deliver to you the messages of my Lord,
and wished your good, but you do not approve the well wishers.
80. And sent Lut, when he said to his people, do you commit that
indecency which was ' not committed by any one in, the world before
81. You rather approach men lustily instead of women on the contrary
you people have crossed the limit.
82. And there was no answer of his people but this: They said, 'turn
them out of your town, these people aspire to be pure.'
83. Then We delivered him and his family saves his wife, she was of
those who remained behind.
84. And We rained down upon them a rain, then behold how was the end
of the sinners?
85. And to Madyan We sent Shuaib from there brethren. He said, 'O my
people worship Allah, there is no God for you other than He
Undoubtedly, there has come to you bright proof from your Lord, then
fill up the measure and weight, and give not the people goods after
diminishing and spread not mischief in the earth after fair ordering
This is good for you, if you believe.
86. And sit not on every path threatening and barring from Allah's
way to the wayfarers who have believed in Him, and desiring
crookedness in it: and remember, when you were few. He multiplied
you, and beholds how was the end of the mischief-makers.
87. And if there is a party of you who believe in that with which I
have been sent and a party who believe not, then wait till Allah
decides between us; and Allah's decision is the
PART-9 (Qalal malaoo)
88. The proud Chiefs of his people said, 'O Shoaib, we swear that we
will drive you out and the Muslims who are with you from our town or
you come back to our faith'. He said. What, even though we hate it?
89. Certainly we shall forge a lie against Allah, if we returned to
your faith after Allah has delivered us from it. And it is not for
we Muslims that we should come back in your faith but that Allah Who
is our Lord so willed. The knowledge of our Lord comprehends
everything. We have relied on Allah. O our Lord! Decide between us
and our people with truth and Your decision is the best.
90. And the infidel chiefs of his people said, 'if you follow
Shoaib, you shall certainly be the losers.'
91. Then an earthquake over took them; so in the morning they fell
prostrate in their homes,
92. Those who belied Shoaib as if they had never been dwelling in
those homes. Those who belied Shoaib were the people who were
93. Then Shoaib turned his face from them and said,' O my people, I
have already delivered to you the messages of my Lord and admonished
for your good, how then should I lament over infidels.
94. And We have not sent any prophet in any town but We seized the
people thereof with adversity and suffering that anyhow they might
95. Then We changed the place of evil with good until they became
numerous and said, "no doubt, sufferings and comforts visited our
fathers," then We seized them suddenly while they were unmindful.
96. And if the people of the towns had believed and feared, then We
would surely have opened upon them blessings from heavens and earth
but they belied, then We arrested them on account of their doings.
97. Do the people of the towns not fear that Our torment might come
upon them at night while they are sleeping?
98. Or do the people of the towns not fear that Our torment might
come upon them in daylight while they are playing?
99. Are they unaware of the secret devise of Allah? And none becomes
fearless against the secret devise of Allah but the losers.
100. And do those who inherited the land after the owners of it not
get so much guidance that if We please, We would have afflicted them
for their sins? And We put a seal upon their hearts so that they
101. These are the towns the stories of which We relate to you, and
undoubtedly, there came to them their Messengers with bright proofs,
but they were not able to believe what they had first rejected. Thus
Allah put a seal upon the, hearts of the infidels.
102. And We found not most ' of them true to their words, and
necessarily, We found most of them disobedient.
103. Then, after them, We sent Moses towards Firawn (Pharaoh) and
his Chiefs with Our Signs, but they did injustice to those signs,
see then how was the end of the mischief
104. And Moses said, 'O, Firawn! I am a Messenger from the Lord of
105. It is my duty not to say anything about Allah but the truth. I
have come to you all with sign from your Lord, then let the children
of Israel go with me.
106. He said, 'If you have come with any Sign, then bring forth if
you are truthful.
107. Then Moses cast his staff, it atonce became a serpent manifest.
108. And he drew forth his hand after putting it into his collar,
then it began to shine before the beholders.
109. The Chiefs of the people of Pharaoh said, 'this is indeed a
110. He desires to turn you out from your land, what is your advice
111. They said, 'put him off and his brother, and send into the city
men to collect.
112. That they may bring to you every magician having knowledge.
113. And the magicians came to Pharaoh (Firawn) and said, we shall
get some reward if we win.'
114. Firawn said, 'yes', and then you shall be near ones.
115. They said, 'O Musa, either you throw first or we be the
116. Musa said, 'you throw,' when they threw, they enchanted the
eyes of the people and frightened them and brought forth a great
117. And We revealed to Musa, throw your staff, then suddenly it
began to swallow their lying shows.
118. Then the truth was established and their works proved vain.
119. Then they were laid vanquished here and returned humiliated.
120. And the magicians were made to prostrate.
121. They said, 'We believe in the Lord of the World.'
122. Who is the Lord of Musa and Haroon?
123. Firawn said, 'you have believed in Him before I gave you leave.
This is indeed a big plot which you all have plotted in the city
that you may drive forth its people therefrom; so now you shall
124. I shall assuredly cut off your hands and your feet on alternate
sides, and then I shall hang you all.
125. They said, 'We are to return towards our Lord.
126. And what looked you bad of us, save this that we have believed
in the signs of our Lord, when they came to us, O our Lord pour upon
us patience and cause us die as Muslims.
127. And the Chiefs of the people of Firawn said, 'Do you leave Musa
and his people for this that they may spread mischief in the land
and leave you and your gods? He said, 'now we shall kill their sons
and let live their daughters and surely we are dominant over them.
128. Musa said to his people, 'seek the help of Allah and have
patience, no doubt, Allah is the owner of the earth. Makes successor
whomsoever He pleases of His bondmen. And the end is in the hand of
129. They said, 'We were oppressed before your coming to us and
since you have come to us', He said, 'it is near that your Lord may
destroy your foe and make you successor in the land to see then how
130. And no doubt, We seized the people of Firawn with years of
dearth and scarcity of fruits, haply they may accept admonition.
131. Then whenever, they pot good, they used to say, 'this is for
us', and whenever evil smote them they took it as bad omen with Musa
and those with him. Behold!, their ill fortune is with Allah, but
most of them do not know.
132. And they said, 'whatever the nature of a Sign you may bring to
us to enchant us therewith, we are in no way to believe you.
133. Then We sent upon them the flood, and the locusts and the lice,
and the frogs and the blood - distinct signs, then they waxed proud
and they were a sinful people.
134. And whenever the torment fell upon them, they used to say, 'O
Musa, pray for us to your Lord because of that covenant of His which
is with you. No doubt, if you would remove from us the torment, we
would certainly believe in you and will send with you the children
135. But whenever We removed the torment from them for a term to
which they were to reach, they retracted.
136. We then took vengeance on them, therefore We drowned them in
the river, because they belied Our Signs and were unaware of them.
137. And We made a people who were already suppressed, inheritors of
the eastern and western parts of that land in which We put Our
blessings And the gracious promise of your Lord was fulfilled for
the children of Israel, the recompense of their patience. And We
destroyed whatever Firawn and his people made and what they used to
138. And We brought the children of Israel across the river, and
then they came upon a people sitting devotedly before their idols.
They said, 'O Musa, make for us a God just as they have so many
gods. He said, 'Surely you are an ignorant people'.
139. This condition in which they are, is of destruction and
whatever they are doing is fully void.
140. He said, "Shall I seek for you a God other than Allah whereas
He has exalted you above all peoples.
141. And remember, when We delivered you from the people of Firawn
who afflicted you with evil punishment, slaughtering your sons and
letting your daughters live. And therein was the great bounty of
142. And We made Musa a promise of thirty nights and completed
adding ten more in them, so the promise of his Lord was completed by
forty nights. And Musa said to his brother, Haroon, 'be my
vicegerent among my people and do right and follow not the way of
143. And when Musa came to Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to
him, he submitted, 'O my Lord! Show me Your sight that I may behold
You, Said He, you shall never see me; but look towards this
mountain, if it remains standing at its place, then soon you will
see Me. Then when his Lord made His light shine on the mountain, He
broke it into pieces; and Musa fell down unconscious. Then when he
came to senses, he said, hollowed be you turn towards you and I am
the first of the Muslims.
144. Said Allah, 'O Musa, I have chosen you from amongst the people
by My Messages and by My word. Take then what I have given you and
be of the grateful.
145. And We wrote for him on the Tablets of everything an
admonition, and details of everything, and said, 'O Musa, take it
with firmness and bid your people to follow the best of it. Soon I
shall show you the abode of the dis-obedients.
146. And I shall turn from My Signs those who wish greatness in the
earth unjustly, And even if they see all the signs, they will not
believe therein, and if they see the path of guidance, they will not
like to walk in it; and if they see the path of error, they will be
ready to adopt it. This is so because they belied Our Signs and
posed themselves unaware.
147. And those who have belied Our Signs and the meeting of the
Hereafter their all deeds are wasted. What they will get in
recompense but, the same which, they used to do.
SECTION: I 8
148. And after Musa, his people made a calf out of their ornaments,
a lifeless body, producing a lowing sound. Did they not see that
neither it talked to them and nor guided them to any way? They took
it, and they were unjust.
149. And when they regretted and understood that they had strayed,
they said, 'If our Lord have not mercy upon us and forgives us not,
then we are ruined'.
150. And Musa returned to his people full of anger, peeved, he said,
that 'how badly you acted in my place after me'? 'Did you hasten
from the Commends of your Lord'? And he threw down the tablets and
began to pull his brother (Haroon) towards him catching hold of the
hair of his brother head. He said, 'O son of my mother, the people
deemed me week and were about to kill me, so do not make the enemies
laugh over me and place me not with the unjust people'.
151. He submitted, 'O my Lord, forgive my brother, and me and cause
us to enter Your mercy and You are the most Merciful of the
152. Undoubtedly, those who had already taken the calf for
themselves, soon the wrath and disgrace of their Lord are to reach
them in the life of the world. And thus we recompense those who cast
153. And those who committed evils and thereafter repented and
accepted faith, then after that your Lord is Forgiving, Merciful.
154. And when the anger of Musa was appeased, he took up the
tablets, and in their writing there is guidance and mercy for those
who fear their Lord.
155. And Musa chose seventy men of his people for Our promised
appointment, then when earthquake overtook them, Musa submitted, 'O
my Lord, had You wished, then You would have destroyed them and me
before. Will you kill us for what our foolish ones have done'? That
is not but your test, whereby you, cause astray whom you will, and
guide whom you will. You are our Protector, You forgive us and have
mercy upon us, and you are the best of the forgivers.
156. And prescribe for us in this world good and in the Hereafter,
no doubt, we have returned to You. He said, 'My punishment, I
inflict whom I will, and My mercy encompasses all things. Then soon
I shall prescribe it for those who fear God and pay the poor due and
believe in Our Signs.
157. Those who will serve the Messenger, unlettered the,
Communicator of hidden news when they will find with them have
written in the Taurat and Injeel. He will bid them to do good and
will forbid them from doing evil, and will make lawful for them
clean things and will forbid for them unclean things, and will take
off from them that burden and shackles which were upon them. Then
those who believe in him and honour him and help him and follow that
light which has been sent down with him, they are the persons who
attained their objects.
158. Say you, 'O mankind'; I am Messenger to you all from Allah to
Whom belongs the kingdom of the heavens and of the earth. None is to
be worshiped except He, He gives life and causes death, believe then
in Allah and His Messenger the unlettered, the Communicator of
hidden news that he believes in Allah and His words; and serve him
so that you may be guided.'
159. And of the people of Musa, there is a community that tells the
path of truth and does justice therewith.
160. And We divided them in twelve tribes, various communities. And
We revealed to Musa, when his people asked him for water that strike
with your staff this rock, then there gushed forth from it twelve
Springs. Every community recognised its drinking place. And We made
clouds as shades over them, and sent down Manna and Salwa upon them.
Eat of the clean things We provided for you, and they harmed Us not,
but they harmed their own souls.
161. And remember when it was said to them, "Dwell in this town and
eat from it whatever you like, and say, 'our sins may be removed and
enter the gate, prostrating, We shall forgive you yours sins. Soon
We shall give more to righteous ones.
162. Then the unjust of them changed the word contrary to that what
was ordered to them, then We sent down upon them torment from the
heaven, the recompense of their injustice.
163. And ask them the condition of the town that was on the
seashore; when they crossed the limit in the matter of sab-bath,
when on the day of Sab-bath their fish came swimming before them,
and the day that was not of Sabbath, they did not come. Thus, We
used to try them on account of their dis-obedience.
164. When a group among them said, 'Why do you admonish those whom
Allah is to kill or to chastise with a severe torment'. They said,
'as an excuse before your Lord, and that haply they may fear'.
165. Then when they forgot what they had been admonished, We rescued
those who forbade from evil, and caught the unjust in a vile torment
the recompense of their disobedience.
166. Then again when they rebelled against the Command of
prohibition, We said to them, 'be you apes, driven away.'
167, And when your Lord proclaimed that necessarily till the Day of
Resurrection, He would continue to send such against them who would
make them taste evil punishment. Undoubtedly, your Lord necessarily,
is swift in retribution, and undoubtedly. He is Forgiving, Merciful.
168. And We scattered them into communities in the earth, some of
them are righteous and some of them otherwise and We tried them with
good things and evil that haply they nay return.
169. Then after them came such degenerate successors who inherited
the Book. They take the goods of this world and say, 'now we shall
be for given'. And if more goods the like of them came to them, they
would take them. Was not the covenant of the Book taken from them,
that they should say nothing concerning Allah but the truth, and
they have read that? And undoubtedly, the last abode is better for
the God-fearing. Have you then no wisdom?
170. And those who hold fast to the Book and establish prayer. We
waste not the reward of the righteous.
171. And when We raised mountain over them as that is a canopy and
they thought that it will fall upon them, hold fast what We have
given to you and remember what is therein, that haply you may be
172. And O beloved Prophet remember, when your Lord brought forth
from the loin of Adam's children their seed and made themselves
witnesses against own selves,' 'Am not your Lord? All said, 'Why not
we all bear witness', lest you should say on the Day of
Resurrection, that we were not aware of it.
173. Or lest you should say, Polytheism was committed by our
forefathers before, and we were their offspring! Will you then
destroy us for what was done by wrongdoers?
174. And thus We explain Our; signs variedly and in order that, they
175. And O beloved Prophet! Relate to them the story of him to whom
We gave Our signs then he stepped away clearly from them, then Satan
followed him and he became of the misguided.
176. And if We had willed, We would have lifted him on account of
Our Signs, but he, clung to the earth and followed his desires, then
his condition is like a dog, if you attack him, he brings his tongue
out and if you leave him, he brings his tongue out. This is the
condition of those who belied Our Signs. So you recount them the
admonition haply they may ponder.
177. What a bad example is of those who belied Our Signs, and they
did wrong their own souls.
178. Whom so Allah guides, he is on the right path, and whom so
Allah leads astray, those, they remained in loss.
179. Undoubtedly, We have created for Hell many jinn and men, they
have hearts, but understand not therewith and the eyes, they see not
there with and the ears, they hear not therewith. They are like
cattle, nay, more misguided. They are indeed lying heedless.
180. And to Allah belongs all the best names, so call Him by them,
and leave those who go out from truth with regard to His names, they
will soon get for what they have done.
181. And out of Our making are a community who tell the truth and do
182. And those who belied Our Signs, soon We shall carry them
gradually towards torment whence they will know not.
183. And I will let loose them. Undoubtedly, My secret plan is the
184. Do they not ponder that there is no relation of insanity to
their companion? He is only a warner manifests.
185. Do they not look into the kingdom of the heavens and the earth,
and what things that Allah has made, and that perhaps their term may
have come night? Then in what discourse they will believe thereafter
186. Whomsoever Allah leads astray none is to guide him. And He
leaves them to wander in their Contumacy.
187. They ask you concerning the Hour that when it is to come, Say
you 'the knowledge of it is only with my Lord, He alone will
disclose it at its proper time'. It is lying heavy on the heavens
and earth; it shall not come upon you but of a sudden. They ask you,
as you have already investigated it well say you, 'the knowledge of
it is only with Allah', but most people do not know.
188. Say you, 'I am not independent for doing good and bad to my own
self, but as Allah please. And if I would have known Unseen, then I
would have gathered ample good, and no evil would have touched me, I
am only a warner and giver of glad tidings to a people who believe.
189. It is He Who created you from a single soul, and made therefrom
his mate that he may find rest in her, then when the male covered
her, she bore a light burden, then carried it about, then when she
grew heavy, both prayed to their Lord, "necessarily if You would
give us a child befitting, then undoubtedly, we shall be grateful."
190. Then when He gave them a befitting child, they ascribed His
associates, in respect of His bestowal but Allah is exalted above
from their polytheism.
191. Do they associate those who make nothing and they are
192. And neither they can give any help to them, nor can they help
193. And if you call them towards guidance, they will not follow
you. It is same to you whether you call them or you remain silent.
194. Undoubtedly, those! Whom you worship besides Allah, are
bondsmen like you, then call upon them and they respond to you, if
you are truthful.
195. Have they feet to walk with? Or have they hands to hold with?
Or have they eyes to see with? Or have they ears to hear with? Say
you, 'Call upon your associates and then try your guile on me and
give me no respite'.
196. Undoubtedly, my protector is Allah Who sent down the Book and
He befriends the righteous.
197. And those, whom you worship besides Him, can not help you, nor
they help them selves.
198. And if you call them towards guidance, they hear not. And you
see them looking at you, and they see nothing.
199. (O beloved Prophet)! Adopt forgiveness and bid to good and turn
away from the Ignorant.
200. And (O listener!) if the evil-one (Satan) give you any
pricking, then seek refuge of Allah. Undoubtedly, it is He Who is
201. Undoubtedly, those who fear Allah, when a thought of Satan
touches them, become careful, at the same time their eyes are
202. And those who are brothers of Satan, they drag them on towards
error, then they relax not.
203. And (O beloved Prophet)! When you bring not to them any Sign,
they say, 'Why have you not made it yourself? Say you, 'I follow
only what is revealed to me from my Lord; This is an eye opener from
your Lord and guidance and mercy for the Muslims.
204. And when the Quran is recited, hear it patiently and be silent
so that you may have mercy.
205. And remember, your Lord within yourself, humbly and fearfully,
and without uttering a voice from the tongue, morning and evening
and be not you amongst heedless.
206. Undoubtedly, those who are with your Lord wax not proud from
His worship, and chant His hollowness and to Him they prostrate. [^]