Madina. 10 Sections. 75 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. (O beloved Prophet) they ask you concerning the spoils. Say you,
'the spoils belong to Allah and the Messenger; then fear Allah and
things right among yourselves, and obey Allah and His Messenger, if
2. Only they are believers whose hearts tremble when Allah is
mentioned, and when His Signs are recited to them, their faith get
increased and upon their Lord, they put their trust.
3. Those who establish prayer and spend something of what We have
4. It is these the true Muslims. For them are grades with their Lord
and forgiveness and an honourable provision.
5. As (O beloved Prophet)! Your Lord brought you forth from your
with truth, and undoubtedly, a group of Muslim was unhappy over it.
6. They were disputing with you about the truth after it has become
clear, as if they are being driven towards death with their eyes
7. And remember, when Allah promised you that in both these parties,
one is for you, and you wished, that you should have that in which
there is no rankle, and Allah wished that truth be proved truth by
words and to cut off the root of the infidels.
8. That He might establish truth as truth and falsify the false,
the guilty might dislike.
9. When you were crying for help from your Lord, then He responded
you that I am going to help you with a series of thousand angels.
10. And Allah did this but for your pleasure and in order that your
hearts might find contentment; and there is no help but from Allah
undoubtedly; Allah is Dominant, Wise.
11. When He covered you with drowsiness, it was a security from
Himself, and sent down water upon you from heaven that He might
you therewith and remove from you the filth of the devil (Satan) and
might give courage to your hearts and make your steps firm
12. When (O beloved Prophet) your Lord was revealing to the angles
that, 'I am with you,' keep ye firm the Muslims. Soon I shall cast
terror into the hearts of the infidels, then strike above the necks
the infidels and strike off every finger tips of them.
13. This is because, they opposed Allah and His Messenger, and
whosoever opposes Allah and His Messenger, then undoubtedly, and
is the torment of Allah.
14. This tastes it then and knows that for the infidels is the
of the Fire.
15. O believers! When you encounter the infidels in the battlefield,
turn not your backs to them.
16. And whosoever will turn his back to them that day, but for
practising the art of war or for the sake of joining his company,
he returns in the wrath of Allah and his abode is Hell, and what an
evil place is to return to.
17. Therefore you did not slay them, but Allah slew them. And O
Prophet! The dust that you did throw, you did not throw, but Allah
threw, and in order that He might confer on the Muslim a better
than it. Undoubtedly, Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
18. This, take it and with it is this that Allah is the weakener of
plot of the infidels.
19. 'O infidels! If you demand judgement, then this judgement has
indeed come to you, And if you desist, it is better for you, but if
again make mischief, then We shall again punish you, and your party
shall avail you not, however, numerous it be and with it is this
Allah is with the muslims.
20. 'O believers! Obey Allah ' and His Messenger, and turn not away
from him after hearing him.
21. And be not like those who say, 'We hear, and they hear not.
22. Undoubtedly, the worst of animals in the sight of Allah are
who are the deaf and dumb who have no sense.
23. And if Allah had known any good in them, He would have caused
them to listen. And if He had made them hear, even then in the end,
they would have turned away, turning their faces.
24. 'O believers! Respond to the calling of Allah and Messenger,
the Messenger calls you for a thing that will give you life; and
that Allah's command comes between man and his heart's desire and
this that you are to be raised towards Him.
25. And remain fearing that calamity which will never fall
upon those among you who do wrong. And know that severe is the
torment of Allah.
26. And remember, when you were few down trodden in the land, and
were fearful, lest the people should snatch you away, then He gave
shelter, and strengthened you with His help, and provide you with
things, that haply you might be thankful.
27. 'O believers! Betray not Allah and Messenger and nor commit
defalcation in your trusts knowingly.
28. And know that your wealth and your children are all a trial, and
with Allah is the great reward.
29. 'O believers! If you will fear Allah, He will grant you that by
which you may be able to distinguish between right and wrong and
will remove off your evils and will forgive you. And Allah is owner
of great Grace.
30. And (O beloved Prophet)! Remember, when the infidels were
plotting against you, to confine you or to slay you or to drive you
forth. And they were plotting their own and Allah was devising His
Own and Allah's devise is the best.
31. And when Our verses are recited to them, then they say, 'yes, we
have heard', if we wished, we could certainly utter the like of
this. It is not, but the stories of the ancients.
32. And when they said, 'O Allah, if this Quran indeed be the truth
from You then rain down upon us stones from heaven or bring down
upon us! Any painful chastisement.
33. And Allah is not one to chastise them, till ('O beloved Prophet)
you are in their midst. And Allah is not to chastise them, whilst
they are begging forgiveness.
34. And what have they that Allah should not chastise them, when
they are hindering from the sacred mosque, and they are not its
guardian. Its guardians are the pious ones only, but most of them
35. And their prayer at the Holy House is nothing but whistling and
clapping. Then taste the torment now, the recompense of their
36. Undoubtedly, the infidels spend their wealth to prevent from the
path of Allah, they will spend it now, then again they will regret
on it, then will be overpowered. The infidels shall be gathered
37. In order that Allah may separate the impure from the pure, and
putting the impure one upon the other, all piling them together cast
them into the hell it is they who are the losers.
38. Say you to the infidels, if they now desist, that which is past
will be forgiven. But if they repeat the same then the precedence of
the former people has already gone.
39. And fight them on till there remains not any mischief and the
entire religion be only of Allah; then if they desist, then Allah is
seeing their deeds.
40. And if they turn back then know that Allah is your Protector,
what an excellent Protector and what an excellent Helper.
41. And know that whatever spoil of war take, then one fifth of it
belongs exclusively to Allah and to the Messenger, and to the
kindred and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, if you have
believed in Allah and what We sent down upon Our bondman on the Day
of Decision the day when the two armies met. And Allah can do
42. When you were on the hither side of the valley and the infidels
on the yonder side, and the Caravan was below you (On the Coast
Plain), and if you would have made any mutual promise, surely you
would not have reached on appointed time, but this has happened in
order that Allah might fulfil the work which is to be done; so that
whoever was to perish might perish with proof; and whoever was to
survive might survive with proof. And undoubtedly, Allah is Hearing,
43. When (O' Beloved Prophet) Allah showed the infidels few to you
in your dream. And (O' Muslims) if He had shown them numerous then,
certainly you would have shown timidity and would have quarrelled
about the matter, but Allah saved you Undoubtedly, He knows the
thoughts in the breasts.
44. And when at the time of encounter, the infidels were shown to
you as few, and made you appear few in their eyes, so that Allah
might fulfil the work which, is to be done. And towards 'Allah is
the return of all affairs.
45. 'O believers! When you encounter any army, then stand firm, and
remember Allah much, that you may attain the goal.
46. And obey Allah and His Messenger, and dispute not with one
another, otherwise you will show timidity, and your tied strength
will depart from you and be patient. Verily Allah is with the
47. And be not like those who came out of their homes, boastfully
and to be seen of men, and barring from Allah's way. All their works
are under the Control of Allah.
48. And when the devil (Shaitan) decked their work fair in their
sight, and said, 'No man is to prevail against you today, and you
are under my protection'. Then when both armies came in front of
each other, he ran upon his heels and said 'I am quit of you, I see
what you see not, I fear Allah' and severe is the torment of Allah.
49. When the hypocrites and those in whose hearts there is disease
used to say these, muslims are proud of their religion'. And
whosoever relies upon Allah, then undoubtedly, Allah is Dominant,
50. And if you could see, when the Angels take away the souls of the
infidels, they, are smiting their faces and. their backs, and taste
the torment of burning.
51. This is in recompense of what your hands have sent on ' before
and Allah is not unjust unto His bondmen.
52. In the manner of people of Firawn (Pharaoh) and those before
them they disbelieved in the signs of Allah, then Allah seized them
for their sins. Undoubtedly Allah is Strong, Severe in torment
53. This is so because Allah does not change the favour that He has
conferred upon a people, until they change themselves; and verily
Allah Hears, Knows.
54. In the manner of the people of Firawn (Pharaoh) and those before
them. They, belied the signs of their Lord then We destroyed them
for their sins, and We drowned the people of Firawn, and they were
55. Undoubtedly, the worst of beasts in the Sight of Allah, are
those who committed infidelity and would not believe,
56. Those with whom you had entered into a covenant, then they break
their covenant every time and do not fear.
57. Therefore, if you find them anywhere in war, kill them in such a
manner that their remaining ones may be put to flight. Haply they
may be admonished.
58. If you fear treachery from any people, throw back to them their
covenant on equal basis Undoubtedly, the treacherous are not liked
59. And let the infidels never boast that they have gone out of
hand. Undoubtedly, they cannot frustrate.
60. And keep ready for them the strength as you can, and as many of
horses as you can, whereby you may put terror in the hearts of those
who are enemies of Allah and of yours and in the hearts of some
others, besides them whom you know not; Allah Knows them. And
whatever you will spend in the path of Allah, shall be repaid to you
in full and in no way you will be in loss.
61. And if they incline towards peace, then incline you also and put
trust in Allah. Undoubtedly, He is the One Hearing, Knowing
62. If they intend to deceive you, then Allah is sufficient for you.
He it is Who gave, strength to you with His help and with Muslims.
63. And He put affection in their hearts. If you had spent all that
is in the earth you could not have put affection in their hearts but
Allah have united their hearts. Undoubtedly! It is He, Dominant,
64. 'O Prophet! The communicator of the hidden news! Allah suffices
you and all these Muslims who followed you.
65. 'O Communicator of the hidden news! Urge the Muslims to wage
holy war. If there will be twenty of you patient, they will overcome
two hundred, and there be hundred of you, they will overcome a
thousand infidels, because they do not understand.
66. Now Allah has lightened your burden, and He knows that you are
weak. Then if there be a hundred of you patient, they shall overcome
two hundred; and if there he a thousand of you, they shall overcome
two thousand by the command of Allah. And Allah is with the patient.
67. It is not befitting to any Prophet that he should make captive
to infidels, until he has immensely shed their blood in the land.
You desire the goods of the world; and Allah desires the Here after.
And Allah is Dominant, Wise.
68. If Allah would not have written a thing before, then O Muslims!
A great torment would have come to you for what you took as ransom
from the infidels.
69. Then eat of what you have obtained as spoil of war, lawful and
pure, and remain fearing Allah. Verily Allah is ' Forgiving,
70. 'O Communicator of the hidden news (Prophet) say to the
prisoners in your hands, 'If Allah will find any good in your
hearts, then He will give you better than what has been; taken from
you and will forgive you' And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
71. And 'O beloved Prophet! If they will intend to be treacherous to
you, then they have already dealt treacherously with Allah before;
therefore He gave so many under your control. And Allah is. Knowing,
72. Undoubtedly, those who believed and left their hearth and homes
for Allah and fought with their wealth and their lives in the way of
Allah, and those who gave shelter and helped they are heirs one of
another. And those who believed and did not emigrate, you have no
duty to their inheritance unless they emigrate, if they seek help
from you in the matter of the religion, then it is obligatory upon
you to help them, but against a people between whom and you there is
an agreement. And Allah is seeing your doing.
73. And the infidels are heirs one of another. If you will not do
such, then there shall be in the land mischief and great disorder.
74. And those who believed and emigrated and fought in the way of
Allah and those who gave shelter and helped they are true believers.
For them is forgiveness and honourable provision.
75. And those who believed afterwards and emigrated and waged the
holy war with you, they also are of you. And the blood relations are
nearer to one another in the Book of Allah. Undoubtedly Allah knows