Mecca. 10 Sections. 123 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif Lam Ra; This is a Book, whose verses are full of wisdom,
then have been detailed from One Wise Aware.
2. That worship not but Allah. No doubt. I am to you a warner from
Him and a bearer of glad-tidings.
3. And that. you ask forgiveness of your Lord then repent to Him. He
will give you a good pulling until an appointed term, and will cause
to reach His grace to every man of grace, and if you turn your face,
then I fear for you the torment of a Great Day.
4. Towards Allah. is your return, and He is Potent over every thing.
5. Listen! They fold up their breasts that they may hide from Allah.
Listen! When they cover their whole body with their garments. Allah
knows what they conceal and what they reveal. No doubt He is the
Knower of all the thoughts within the breast.
PART-12 (Wama min daabba)
6. And there is none moving on this earth, the provision of that is
not upon the generous responsibility of Allah, and He knows its
place of stay and the place of return. All is recorded in a clear
7. And it is He who has created the heavens and earth in six days,
and His Throne was on the water, that He might try you, as to whose
work of you is best. And if you say, 'undoubtedly' you shall be
raised after death,' then the infidels will surely say 'this is not
but a magic manifest.'
8. And if We defer from them the torment for a counted period, then
they would certainly say, 'what has detained it?" Listen, 'the day
when it will come to them, it shall not be averted from them, and
the same torment which they used to mock at shall encompass them.
9. And if We let man taste Our any mercy, then take it away from
him, surely he is despairing, ungrateful.
10. And if We let him taste favour after the hardship that has
reached to him, then he will surely say, the evils have gone from
me.' No doubt, he is joyous, boastful.
11. But those who remained patient and did good deeds: for them is
forgiveness and a great reward.
12. Then will you leave some of what is being revealed to you and
straiten your breast therewith. Because they say, 'why a treasure
has not been sent down with him or any angel would have come with
him? You are a warner. And Allah is Guardian over every thing.
13. Do they say this; 'He has fabricated it?' Say you, 'Bring then
ten verses the like of it. And call all those whom you can besides
Allah, if you are truthful.'
14. Then O Muslim! If they do not respond to you' then know that it
has been sent down with Allah's Knowledge and that there is no true
deity save Allah, Will you then now submit?
15. Whoever desires the life of the world and its adornment, We will
give their full fruit in it and will not lessen anything therein.
16. These are they for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter but
Fire. And what ever they used to do there, is destroyed and all
their works became void.
17. Is he then (like him) who is upon a bright proof from his Lord
and there comes a witness on him from Allah and before it was the
Book of Moses, a guide and mercy? Those believe therein, and
whosoever of all parties disbelieves in it, then fire is his
promised place. Then O Listener! Be not you in any doubt about it.
No doubt, that is the truth from your Lord, but most people believe
18. And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah.
They shall be presented before their Lord, and the witnesses will
say, 'these are they who forged lie against their Lord. Behold;
curse of Allah is upon the unjust.
19. Those who hinder from the path of Allah, and desire crookedness
in it; and they are they who deny the Hereafter.
20. They are unable to fatigue in the earth, nor besides Allah they
have any helper. They will face torment over torment. They could
neither hear nor see.
21. These are they who put their souls in loss, and the things
which, they used to fabricate have been lost from them.
22. Willing or not willing, it is they who are the greatest losers
in the Hereafter.
23. No doubt those who believed, and did good deeds and turned
humbly towards their Lord, they are the men of Heaven, therein they
24. The condition of both parties is like one the blind and deaf and
the other seeing and hearing is the case of the two alike? Do you
then not take heed?
25. And no doubt, We sent Nuh to his people saying that I am for you
a clear warner.
26. That worships none save Allah. Verily, I fear for you the
torment of a painful day.
27. Then the chiefs of the unbelievers of his people spoke, 'We see
you a man like us, and we see not that any one who has followed you
but the meanest of us inadvertently, and we do not find in you any
superiority over us; but rather we think you a liar.
28. He said, 'O my people! tell me, if I am on a clear proof from my
Lord, and He has bestowed upon me from Himself a great mercy, then
you remained blind from it. Shall we stick it to your neck while you
are averse to it.'
29. 'And O people! I ask no wealth on it from you. My reward is only
with Allah and I am not to drive away Muslims. No doubt, they are to
meet their Lord, but I find you wholly ignorant people.
30. 'And O people! Who will save me from Allah, if I will drive away
them. Do you then not take heed?
31. 'And I say not to you, 'I have treasures of Allah with me, and
nor I get the unseen known myself and nor I say this, 'I am an
angel, and nor I say those whom your eyes despise, 'Allah will never
bestow any good to them.' Allah knows well what ever is in their
hearts. If I do so, then surely I am of the unjust.
32. They said, 'O Nuh, you have disputed with us, and disputed much,
then bring that which for you promise us, if you are truthful.
33. He said, 'Allah will bring it to you, if He pleases, and you
cannot get Him tired.
34. And my admonition will not profit you, if I desire good to you,
whilst Allah desires you to go astray. He is your Lord and to Him
you shall return.
35. Do they say, 'He has fabricated it?' Say you, 'If I have
fabricated it, then upon me is my sin and I am quit of your sins.'
36. And it was revealed to Nuh, 'none of your people will become
Muslim but those who have already believed, grieve not then at what
37. And built the ark before Us and with Our command, and address Me
not concerning the unjust, they shall necessarily be drowned.
38. And Nuh builds the ark, and whenever the chief of his people
passed by him, they laughed at him. He said. 'if you laugh at us,
then we shall laugh at you at one time as you laugh.
39. Now then you shall know to whom comes the torment that may
disgrace him' and comes down the torment that may be lasting.
40. Until, when Our Command came, and the Oven boiled, We said,
'embark in the ark a pair male and female of every kind and the
members of your family except those against whom the word has
already gone forth, and the rest of the Muslims.' And Muslims were
not with him but a few.
41. And he said, 'embark therein; in the name of Allah is its moving
and its berthing. No doubt, my Lord is assuredly Forgiving,
42. And it is sailing with them amidst such waves as mountain. And
Nuh called his son, embark with us and be not with the infidels.
43. He said, 'Now I take refuge of any mountain, it will save me
from the water. Said he 'Today there is no protector from the
torment of Allah but for him on whom He has mercy and the wave came
in between the two, so he was among the drowned.
44. And it was commanded. 'O earth Swallow your water. And O heaven;
withhold And water was dried and the affair was accomplished, and
the ark settled on mountain Judi' and it was said, away be the
45. And Nuh called upon his Lord, said he, 'O my Lord my son too is
of my family, and no doubt, Your promise is true, and You are the
Greatest of rulers.
46. He said, 'O Nuh; he is not of your family, No doubt, his work is
not righteous, ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge. I
admonish you not to become ignorant.
47. Submitted he 'O my Lord I beg Your refuge from asking You that
of which I have no knowledge. And if you forgive me not and have not
mercy on me, then I shall be loser.
48. It was said. 'O Nuh; get down from the ark with peace from Us
and with blessings on you and on some parties with you. And there
are some parties whom We shall allow to enjoy in the world, then a
painful torment will reach them.
49. These tidings of unseen, We reveal to you. Neither you did know
nor your people be fore this. Then be patient. No, doubt there is
good end for the duty-bound.
50. And towards Aad (sent) Hud a compatriot of their own. He said,
'O my people, worship Allah. You have no deity beside Him. You are
51. 'O my people, I ask not any wage for this, My wage is only on
Him Who created me.' Have you then no wisdom?
52. And O my people! Beg forgiveness of your Lord, then turn to Him,
He will send over you heavy rain and will add strength to your
strength, and turn not away your faces committing crimes.
53. They said, 'O Hud you have not come to us having any proof, and
we are not to leave our gods merely because of your saying, nor are
we going to believe your words.
54. We say only that one of our gods has smitten you with evil. He
said. 'I call Allah to witness and you all hear witness that I am
quit of all those whom you associate with Him
55. Besides Allah. Devise against me you all together then respite
56. I relied on Allah. my Lord and your Lord. There is no moving
creature whose forelock is not under His control. No doubt! My Lord
meets on straight path.
57. Then if you turn your faces, then I have already conveyed to you
that with which I have been sent to you' and my Lord will bring
others to take your place, and you cannot harm Him at all. No doubt
my Lord has watch over every thing.
58. And when Our Command came, then We saved Hud and the Muslims
with him, by showing Our mercy, and delivered them from severe
59. And these are Aad. The denied the signs of their Lord and
disobeyed His Messengers and followed the saying o' every
contumacous haughty enemy.
60. And the curse stuck to them in the world and on the Day of
Judgement. Listen. Aad rejected their Lord. Ho: Away with Aad the
people of Hud.
61. And towards Thamud (We sent) Saleh a compatriot of their own. He
said, 'O my people, worship Allah. You have no deity beside Him. He
evolved you from the earth and caused you to live therein, then beg
forgiveness of Him' then turn to Him. No doubt' my Lord is near.
62. They said' 'O Saleh. You looked promising amongst us before, 'Do
you forbid us to worship what our fathers worshipped, and verily we
are in a big deceitful doubt regarding that to which you call us.
63. He said, 'O my people! Tell me if I am on a clear proof from my
Lord, and He has bestowed me mercy from Himself, then who will save
me against Him, if I disobey Him; then you will increase me nothing
64. And O my people! This is she-camel of Allah, a sign for you.
Then leave her, that she may eat in Allah's earth, and touch her not
with evil lest a near torment reach you.
65. Then they hamstrung her then Saleh said, 'enjoy in your houses
three days more. This is a promise that will not be falsified.
66. Then when Our Command came. We saved. Saleh and the Muslims with
him showing Our mercy and from the humiliation of that day No doubt,
your Lord is Mighty, Honorable.
67. And a roaring noise overtook the unjust, then in the morning;
they remained lying crouched in their homes.
68. As though they had never dwelt therein. Listen, no doubt, Thamud
denied their Lord, Ho; curse be on Thamud.
69. And no doubt, Our messengers came to Ibrahim with glad tidings.
They said, 'Peace;' He said, 'Peace' then not being late, brought a
70. Then when he saw that their hands did not reach towards the
food, he thought them strangers and began to fear of them in his
heart. They said, 'fear not, we have been sent towards the people of
71. And his wife was standing by, she began to laugh, then We gave
her the glad tiding of Ishaque and after Ishaque of Yaqub.
72. She said, 'Oh; Woe is me. Shall I bear a child' and I am old,
and this is my husband, an old man? No doubt, this is strange thing.
73. The angels said Do you wonder at Allah's Command? The mercy of
Allah and His blessings be upon you, O people of the house! No
doubt, it is He Who is All Praise-Worthy, Honorable.
74. Then when the fear of Ibrahim disappeared, and he got
glad-tidings, he began to dispute with Us about the people of Lut.
75. No doubt, Ibrahim is clement most tender hearted, penitent.
76. O Ibrahim! Do not plunge in this thought. No doubt, the Command
of your Lord has come, and no doubt. The torment is to approach them
that cannot be averted.
77. And when Our angels came to Lut, he was grieved of them and
became sad on account of them, and said, 'this is a fierce day.'
78. And his people came running to him, and they were in the habit
of doing evil deeds from before. He said, 'O people, these are
daughters of my people, they are purer for you, then fear Allah. and
do not disgrace 'me in the face of my guests. Is there not among you
any man of good characters?
79. They said you know. That we have no right in the daughters of
your people. And you surely know what we desire.
80. He said. "Had I strength against you or might take refuge in a
81. The angels said 'O Lut! We are messengers of your Lord, they
cannot reach you then carry forth your family within night. And let
none of you look back except y our wife. The same is to reach her
too, what will reach them. No doubt, their promise is for the
morning. Is the morning not nigh?
82. Then when Our Command came' We turned that town upside down and
We rained upon it stones of baked clay continuously.
83. Which are with y our Lord marked. And those stones are not away
from unjust people.
84 And towards Madian Shoaib a compatriot of their own. He said, 'O
my people. Worship Allah, there is no deity beside Him. And diminish
not the measure and the weight. No doubt, I see you prosperous, and
I fear for you the torment of encircling day
85. And O my people! Fill up measure and weight with justice and do
not give the people their things decreasing and do not roam in the
earth spreading mischief.
86. And that which is left from the provision of Allah is better for
you, if you believe, and I am not over you a guardian.
87. They said, 'O Shoaib, does your prayer bid you that we should
abandon the gods of our fathers, or that we should not do with our
riches whatever we will? Yes please, you are the only wise and up
88. He said, 'O my people. Tell me fairly, if I am on a clear proof
from my Lord, and He gave me good provision from Himself. And I do
not desire that I myself begin to do against that which I forbid you
to do. I only desire to return as for as I can. And my succor is
from Allah only. I relied only upon Him and I turn towards Him only.
89. And O my people! Let not your opposition to me makes you earn
that which befell the people of Nuh, or the people of Hud or the
people of Saleh. And the people of Lut are not far away from you.
90. And beg forgiveness of Allah, then turn towards Him. No doubt,
my Lord is Merciful, Loving.
91. They said, 'O Shoaib, we do not understand most of your talks;
and no doubt, we see you weak among us. And if there had been your
tribe, we would have stoned you. And there is no respect for you in
92. He said, 'O my people! Is the pressure of my tribe over you is
more than Allah? And you have cast Him behind your back. No doubt'
whatever you do, is under the control of my Lord.
93. And O people! Continue your work at your places, I do my work.
Soon you are to know on whom comes the torment that will disgrace
him and who is liar. And wait, I also wait with you.
94. And when my Command came, We saved Shoaib and the Muslims with
him by showing Our mercy. And the roaring noise overtook the unjust
then they remained lying on their knees in their homes at morning.
95. As they had never dwelt there. Ho; Be away Madian just as Thamud
were removed far away.
96. And verily, We sent Musa with Our signs and clear authority.
97. To Firawn and his courtiers' then they followed the command of
Firawn. And the work of Firawn was not rightly directed.
98. He shall be before his people on the Day of Resurrection, and
bring them down in the Hell. And what an evil place of watering to
99. And the curse followed them in this world and on the Day of
Resurrection. What is an evil reward, which they got.
100. These are the tidings of the towns that We relate to you; some
of them are standing and some mown down.
101. And We wronged them not, but they did evil to themselves. Their
deities, whom they used to worship beside Allah, availed them not,
when the Command of your Lord came, and they increased them nothing
102. And such is the seizing of your Lord, when He seizes the towns
on their injustice. No doubt, His seizing is painful, severe.
103. No doubt, herein is a sign to him who fears the torment of
Hereafter. That is a Day whereon all shall be gathered together and
that is a Day of presence.
104. And We defer it not save for a counted period.
105. When that Day will come, no one will speak save by the leave of
God. Then any one of them is unfortunate, and any one of them is
106. Then those who are unfortunate, they are in the Hell, they will
bray like ass.
107. They shall abide therein, so long as the heavens and earth
abide, save as your Lord will. No doubt, your Lord accomplishes what
108. And those who are fortunate, they are in Heaven. They shall
abide therein' so long as the heavens and earth abide, save, as your
Lord will. this is the gift un-ending.
109. Then O listener! Be not in delusion concerning that which these
infidels worship. They worship as their fathers used to worship
before. And undoubtedly, We shall repay them their portion in full
110. And no doubt, We gave Musa the Book, then they differed
therein. And if a word of your Lord had not gone already before, the
matter would have been decided between them. And no doubt, they are
in a deceptive doubt about it.
111. And no doubt, to each of them in all your Lord will repay their
works in full. He is aware of their doings.
112 Then remain you firm as you have been commanded and whoever has
repented with you; and O people! Do not be arrogant. No doubt He is
seeing your works.
113. And do not lean towards wrong doers, lest the Fire Should touch
you, and you have no supporter besides Allah, then you will not be
114. And establish prayer at the two ends of the day and in parts of
the night. No doubt, good deeds obliterate evil deeds. This is
admonition for the persons accepting admonition.
115. And be patient, Allah wastes not the reward of the righteous
116. Then why there were not among generations before you persons
possessing some virtue who would have forbidden mischief in the
earth, Yes there were few of them whom We delivered'? And the unjust
remained behind the same luxury that was given to them, and they
117. And your Lord is not such that He would destroy towns without
any reason. While its people be good.
118. And if your Lord had willed He would have made all! Mankind one
nation, and they will always remain differing.
119. Save those on whom your Lord has mercy, and for this has He
created them. And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled. No
doubt' I will fill hell with the jinn and mankind together.
120. And all that We relate to you of the tidings of the messengers
is for the purpose of strengthening your heart therewith? And in
this Sura the truth has come to you and admonition to the Muslims.
121. And say you to the infidels, 'continue working on your places'
and we do our work.
122. And wait. Lo! We (too) are waiting.
123. And to Allah belong the unseen of the heavens and the earth and
towards Him is the return of the whole affairs, then worship Him and
rely upon Him. And your Lord is not heedless of what you do.