Madina. 6 Sections. 43 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1 Alif-Lam Mim Ra. These are the verses of the Book, and that which
has been sent from your Lord is the truth, but most men believe not.
2. Allah is He who raised up the heavens without the pillars that
you can see, and then He settled Himself on the throne as is
befitting to His Dignity and made the sun and the moon subservient.
Each one runs to a term stated. Allah plans the work and details the
signs so that you may believe the meeting with your Lord.
3. And it is He who stretched the earth and made therein anchors and
rivers, and He made two kinds of every fruit in the earth. He covers
the night with the day. No doubt in that are signs for a people who
4. And there are different regions adjoining each other, and there
are gardens of grapes and are corn fields and palm trees growing
from one base and separately, all are watered with one water and in
fruits, We make one to excel the other. No doubt, in that are signs
for wise people.
5. And if you wonder, then wondrous indeed is their saying that
shall we be made a-new after being dust? Those are they who denied
their Lord, and those are they who will have shackles round their
necks. And those are the people of Hell wherein they shall abide.
6. And they ask you for hastening the torment before mercy and the
punishment of those before them have already occurred. And verily
your Lord awards forgiveness even on the injustices of the people.
And no doubt, the torment of your Lord is severe.
7. And the infidels say, 'why has not a sign been sent down upon him
from his Lord. You are only a warner and a guide to every people.
8. Allah knows whatever is in the womb of any female and whatever
the wombs diminish and whatever they increase. And everything with
Him is with proper estimate.
9. Knower of every hidden and open, The Greatest, The Exalted.
10. All are alike, one who among you conceals his talks and one who
utters openly, and one who hides himself in the night and one who
walks by day.
11. For man there are angels in succession before and behind him
that they watch him by Allah's command, verily Allah alters not His
blessing from any people until they themselves alter their
condition. And when Allah desires evil to a people, then it cannot
be turned back, and besides Him they have no supporter.
12. It is He Who shows you the lightning for fear and hope and
raises the heavy clouds.
13. And the thunder praising Him proclaims His Holiness and the
messengers with His awe, and sends thunder-bolts then smites
therewith whom. He wills while they are disputing about Allah. And
His grip is severe.
14. Calling to Him alone is true, and those whom they call upon
beside Him, hear them not at all, but like him ' who is sitting
stretching his hands before the water that it may reach his mouth,
and it will never reach it. And every prayer of the infidels loses
15. And to Allah alone prostrates as many there are in the. Heavens
and earth willingly or unwillingly and their shadows too every
morning and evening. [^] (SAJDA) 2.
16. Say you, 'who is the Lord of the heavens and the earth. Say
yourself, ''Allah'. Say you, 'Have you then made supporters beside
Allah, who can neither do good or evil even to themselves? Say you;
will the blind and the seeing be equaled? Or will the darkness and
the light be equaled? "Or have they setup such associates with Allah
who have made something as Allah has made, then the making of Him
and of theirs looked similar to them'' Say you, 'Allah alone is the
Creator of everything and He is the One' Dominant over all.'
17. He sent down water from the sky. then the channels flow
according to its capacity, then the flux of water carried with it
the swelling foam, and from that over which they kindle a fire for
making ornaments or other goods arises foams similar to it. Thus
Allah illustrates truth and false hood. Then the foam is blown up
and that which benefits mankind remains in the earth. Thus Allah
illustrates the examples.
18. For those who obeyed the commands of their Lord, there is good.
And as for those who obeyed not His commands. If they had all that
is in the earth, and the more like of it would have been in their
possession, then they would have offered it for their ransom. These
are they who will have an evil reckoning, and their abode is Hell.
And what an evil place of rest.
19. Shall he then who knows that what has been sent to you from your
Lord is truth be like him who is blind? Only those who have wisdom
20. Those who fulfil the convenant of Allah, and turn not after
entering into a convenant.
21. And those who join what Allah has commanded to join, and fear
their Lord and dread the evil reckoning.
22. And those who kept patience for seeking the pleasure of their
Lord, and kept up the prayer, and spent out of what We have provided
them in Our path secretly and openly, and drive away evil by means
of goodness. For them is the profit of the last abode.
23. Gardens for habitation in which they will enter, and those who
are righteous from among their fathers, and wives and offspring and
angels shall enter unto them from every door, saying;
24. 'Peace be upon you for your patience,' what an excellent last
abode then you got.'
25. And those who break the covenant of Allah after confirming it,
and cut asunder what Allah has commanded to join, and spread
mischief in the earth, their share is only curse and theirs the evil
26. Allah increases the provision for whom He will and also He
straitens, and the infidels were strut with the life of the world.
And the life of the world is nothing in comparison to the life of
the Hereafter but to pull on for some days.
27. And the infidels say, 'why is not a sign from His Lord sent down
to him.' Say you, 'Allah leads astray whomsoever He will, and guides
towards Him one who turns to Him.
28. They are those who have believed and their hearts find
satisfaction with the remembrance of Allah. Behold, in the
remembrance of Allah alone there is the satisfaction of hearts.
29. Those who believed and performed- good deeds for them is the
bliss and good end.
30. Thus We have sent you to a people before whom other peoples have
passed in order that you may recite to them what We have revealed to
you, and they are rejecting the Most Affectionate, Say you, He is my
Lord, none is to be worshiped beside Him. I relied upon Him alone
and to Him do I return.'
31. If there would have come a Quran by which mountains could be
moved or the earth could be cut asunder or the dead could have
spoken to, even then too these infidels would not have believed but
the entire affair is under the authority of Allah. Did then the
Muslims not become disappointed with it that if Allah had willed, He
would have guided men all together? And the thump will ever continue
to smite the infidels for what they wrought or it will alight near
their houses, until Allah's promise comes. Verily Allah does not do
against His promise.
32. And surely, the messengers before you were mocked at, then I let
loose the infidels for some days' then I seized them. Then how was
33. Is then He Who watches every soul with his actions?, and yet
they ascribe to Allah associates. Say you, 'name them.' Or do you
inform Him of what is not in His knowledge in the entire earth. or
by the - way an empty saying? Rather their fraud has been made to
look good in the eyes of the infidels, and they have been hindered
from the way. And he whom Allah leads astray, has no guide.
34. They shall be punished in the life of the world, and verily the
torment of the Hereafter is hardest. And they have none to defend
35. The likeness of the Heaven, which has been, promised to the
God-fearing, beneath it streams flow. Its fruits are everlasting and
its shade. This is the end of those who fear Allah, and the end of
the infidels is the Fire.
36. And those to whom We have given the Book rejoice at what has
been sent to you, and of those groups there are some who deny a part
thereof. Say you, 'I am only commanded to worship Allah and not to
ascribe associate to Him. To Him I call, and to Him is my return.
37. And thus We have sent it down as a decision in Arabic. And O'
listener! if you will follow their desires after what has come to
you of knowledge, then you shall have no supporter nor defender
38. And no doubt, We have sent messengers before you, and assigned
to them wives and children. And it is not for a messenger to bring
any sign, but by Allah's leave. For each promise there is writing.
39. Allah wipes out what He pleases and establishes (what He
pleases) and the real writing is with Him.
40. And if We show you any promise that is made to them, or We call
you to Us before, in any case upon you is only to deliver the
message, and on Us is the reckoning.
41. Do they not see that We are coming diminishing their population
from all sides. And Allah commands, there is none to put back His
command, and He is swift in reckoning
42. And those before them have already plotted, but the entire
secret plans belong to Allah. He knows what every soul earns. And
the infidels are soon to know, who gets the last abode.
43. And the infidels say, you are not a messenger.' Say you, 'Allah
is sufficient as witness between you and me, and he who has
knowledge of the Book.'