Mecca. 7 Sections. 52 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif-Lam, Ra, This is a Book that We have sent to you so that you
may bring the People from darkness to light by the command of their
Lord towards the path of the Honorable, the Praiseworthy.
2. Allah, to Whom belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and
whatsoever is in the earth. And there is misery for the infidels
from a severe torment.
3. Those who love the worldly life more than the life of Hereafter
arid bar from the path of Allah and desire crookedness therein, they
are in far off error.
4. And, We have sent each messenger in the language of his own
people that he may tell them clearly. Then Allah leads astray
whomsoever He will and guides whomsoever He will, and He is the
Honorable, the Wise.
5. And, We did send Musa with Our signs, that 'bring your people
from the darkness into the light, and remind them of the day of
Allah. No doubt, in it there are signs for each steadfast, thankful.
6. And when Musa said to his people, 'remember Allah's favour upon
you, when He delivered you from Frown's people who used to afflict
you worsly, and slaughter your sons and let your daughters live, and
in it there was shown great mercy of your Lord.
7. And remember, when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you will be
grateful, then I shall give you more, and if you are thankless, then
My torment is severe.'
8. Musa said, 'if you and all others in the earth become
disbelievers, then verily Allah is self-sufficient, Praiseworthy.
9. Have you not received the tidings of those who were before you,
the people of Nuh and Aad, and the Thamud and those after them? They
are known to Allah alone. There came to them their messengers with
bright proofs, but they turned their hands to their mouths and said,
'we deny that with which you have been sent, and the path towards
which you call us, concerning that we are in a doubt creating
10. Their messengers said, 'Is there any doubt in Allah, the Maker
of the heavens and earth? He calls you that He may forgive some of
your sins and may fulfil your life till the stated time of your
death without punishment. They said, 'You are human being like us.
You desire to bar us from that our fathers used to worship. So bring
us a clear authority.
11. Their messengers said to them, 'We are indeed human beings like
yourselves, but Allah bestows His favour on whomsoever He will of
His bondmen. And it is not for us to bring you any' authority but by
the command of Allah. And upon Allah alone the Muslims should rely.
12. And what happened to us that we should not rely upon Allah, He
has showed us our ways. And we shall surely bear patiently that with
which you are annoying us. And let the trustful put their trust in
13. And the infidels said to their messengers, 'We shall surely turn
you out of our lands, or you return to our religion.' Then their
Lord revealed to them' We shall surely destroy the unjust.'
14. And We shall surely make you settle in the land after them. This
is for him who fears standing before Me, and be afraid of the
torment, I have commanded.
15. And they asked for a decision, and every tyrant obstinate was
16. The Hell ran after him and he shall be made to drink the water
of oozing pus.
17. He will take its draught little by little with difficulty and
there shall be no hope to swallow it, and death shall come to him
from all sides but he shall not die. And there is a terrible torment
18. The condition of the rejecters of their lord is such that their
deeds are like ashes upon which a strong blast of wind came in a day
of storm. They got nothing out of entire earning. This is the far
19. Did you not see that Allah has made the heavens and earth with
the truth? If He please He can take you away and bring forth a new
20. And this is not at all hard for Allah.
21. They all shall appear before Allah, then those who were weak
will say to those proud, 'we were under you, can it be possible for
you to put off some of the torment of Allah from us?' They will say,
'if Allah had guided us, we would have guided you. It is alike to us
whether we show impatience or remain patient, no where is asylum for
22. And the Satan when the matter would have been decided will say,
'verily Allah had given you a true promise, and whatever I promised
you I made it false to you, and I had no authority over you, but
that I called you, then you responded to me, now then put no blame
upon me, put the blame upon yourselves.' Neither I could help you
nor you could help me. I am strongly disgusted with that you
associated me with Allah before. No doubt, there is painful torment
for the unjust.
23. And those who believed and did good deeds shall be made to enter
gardens, beneath which flow rivers abiding there in with the command
of their Lord. Their greetings at the time of their meeting are
24. Did you not see that how Allah has explained the example of the
holy word like a clean tree whose root is firmly standing and
branches are in the heaven.
25. It gives its fruit at all times by the command of its Lord and
Allah propounds examples for the people that they may understand.
26. And the example of evil word is like an evil tree uprooted from
the earth, now it has no stability.
27. Allah keeps firm the believers on right word in the life of the
world and the Hereafter, and Allah leads astray the wrong doers, and
Allah does what He pleases.
28. Did you not see those who changed the favour of Allah with
un-thankfulness and have brought their people into the abode of
29. That which is Hell, they shall enter in it, what an evil place
30. And they have set up equals for Allah that they might lead
astray from His path. Say you, enjoy a little, verily your end is
31. Say to My those bondmen who believed that they should keep up
prayer and spend out of what We have given them secretly and openly
before the coming of that day in which there shall be neither
trading nor friendship.
32. Allah Is He who made the heavens and earth and caused water to
come down from the heaven, then He produced some fruits therewith
for your food, and He made the ships subservient to you that they
may sail through the sea by His command and made the rivers
subservient to you.
33. And He made the sun and moon subservient for you, which are
constantly moving, and made the day and night subservient for you.
34. And He gave you many things you asked for. And if you count the
favours of Allah, you cannot count. No doubt, man is very unjust,
35. And recall when Ibrahim submitted, 'O my Lord make this city
secure. and save me and my sons from worshipping the idols.
36. 'My Lord, verily the idols have led astray many people. then who
sided with me is mine and who disobeyed me. Then you are certainly
37. O my Lord, I have caused some of my children to settle in a
valley wherein there is no cultivation by your sacred House, O our
Lord in order that they might keep up prayer, then You make some
people's hearts incline toward them and give them some fruits for
food, haply they may be thankful.
38. O our Lord, you know what we conceal and what we disclose. And
nothing is concealed from Allah in the earth or in the heaven.
39. All praise to Allah Who has given me Ismail and Ishaque in old
age. Verily my Lord is the Hearer of prayer.
40. O my Lord, keep me as establisher of prayer and some of my
children too, O our Lord, and accept my prayer.
41. O our Lord, forgive me, and my parents and all Muslims on the
Day when reckoning shall take place.
42. And never consider Allah unaware of the deeds of the unjust. He
is not letting them loose but to a day in which their eyes shall
43. They will come out running rashly raising their heads high, that
their eyelashes do not turn back towards them, and there will be no
strength in their hearts.
44. And warn mankind of the day when the torment shall come to them,
then the unjust shall say, 'O our Lord, grant us respite for a short
term that we may respond to your call and follow the messengers'.
Did you not swear before that we are not to go anywhere moving from
45. And you settled down in the dwellings of those who did evil to
them selves and it was clear to you, how We did with them and We
explained to you giving examples.
46. And verily they devise their plans and their plans are under the
control of Allah and their planning was not such as to remove these
47. Therefore never consider that Allah will go against His promise
to His messengers. No doubt, Allah is Dominant, the Lord of
48. The day when the earth shall be changed other than this earth
and the heavens too, and all shall come out standing before Allah,
the One Who is Dominant overall.
49. And you will see the guilty on that Day bound together in
50. Their shirt shall be of pitch and the fire shall cover their
51. In order that Allah may reward every soul according to its
earning. No doubt, Allah is not late in reckoning.
52. This is to deliver the commands to mankind and that they may be
warned therewith and that they may know that He is only one God and
that the men of wisdom may accept admonition.