Mecca. 16 Sections. 128 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Now comes the Command of Allah, therefore, ask not to hasten it.
Holy is He and is exalted above all the associates.
2. He sends down the angels with the spirit of faith that is the
revelation on whomsoever of His bondmen He pleases. 'Warn that none
be worshipped save Me. then fear Me.'
3. He created the heavens and earth rightly. He is far high above
4. He created man from a purified drop; therefore, he is an open
5. And created cattle, In them, there is warm costume and there are
profits, and of them, you eat.
6. And there is beauty in them for you, when you bring them back in
evening and when you leave them for grazing.
7. And they carry your loads to a city, which you could not reach
being heavily tired. No doubt, your Lord is most Kind, Merciful.
8. And horses and mules and asses that you may ride upon them and
adornment And He will create what you know not.
9. And the middle path is rightly upto Allah and some path is
And had He willed, He would have guided you all together.
10. It is He Who sent down water from the heaven, there is drink
therefrom for you, and from which are trees by which you pastures.
11. With this water, He causes to grow for you crops and olives and
dates and grapes and fruits of every kind. No doubt. In it, there is
sign for a people who ponder.
I2. And He has made subservient for you. The night and the day and
sun and the moon. And the stars are subservient by His Command. No
doubt. In it, there are signs for the wise people.
13. And that which He has created for you of various kinds in the
No doubt. In it, there is sign for a people who remember.
14. And it is He Who has made the sea subservient for you. That you
fresh flesh from it and bring forth from it ornaments which you
And you see boats cleaving through it. And that you seek of His
and that haply you may be grateful to Him.
15. And He has set up anchors in the earth. Lest it may shake with
and rivers and roads that, you may get direction.
16. And way marks. And by the stars, they find the way.
17. Will then He who creates become like him who creates not? Do you
not then accept admonition?
18. And if you count the favours of Allah, you would not be able to
number them, No doubt. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
19. And Allah knows that what you conceal and what you reveal.
20. And those whom they worship besides Allah create nothing but
are themselves created.
21. They are dead. Not alive. And they do not know nor when the
will be raised.
22. Your God is one God then those who believe not in hereafter,
hearts deny, and they are proud.
23. In fact, Allah knows what they hide and what they declare.
Undoubtedly, He likes not the proud ones.
24. And when it is said to them What has your Lord sent down' they
'Tales of the ancients.'
25. That they may bear their loads in full on the Day of Judgment
also some loads of those whom they misled by their ignorance. Hear!
What an evil load they bear.
26. No doubt, those before them had plotted against them, and then
Allah brought down their structure from the foundation. Then the
fell down on them from above. And the torment came to them whence
they were not aware.
27. Then on the Day of Judgment He will disgrace them and will say
'where are those my associates, regarding whom you used to dispute.'
The men of knowledge will say 'today all disgrace and vice are upon
28. Those lives are taken out by the angels while they were wronging
themselves. Now they will offer submission that we were not doing
any evil. Yes why not. Beyond doubt, Allah knows well what they used
29. Now enter the gates of Hell, abide in it forever. Then what an
evil abode of the proud ones.
30. And it was said to the God fearing 'What is that your Lord sent
down' they said good for those who did good in this world. is good
And undoubtedly the home of the Hereafter is best. And necessarily,
what an excellent abode of the God fearing.
31. Gardens of abode, which they will enter. Streams running
beneath, they will get Therein what they wish. Allah thus
recompenses the duty bound.
32. Those, whose lives are taken out by angles while they are pure,
saying, 'Peace be upon you.' enter paradise for what you did.
33. What for they are waiting, but that the angels should come to
them or the torment of your Lord should come. Thus did those before
them. And Allah oppressed them not yes they wronged their own souls.
34. Then their evil earnings befell them and surrounded them that
they used to mock at.
35. And the polytheists said, 'had Allah willed, we would not have
worshipped anything save Him, neither we nor our fathers' nor we
would have forbidden anything apart from Him thus did those before
them; then what is on the messengers, but to deliver clearly.
36. And no doubt, We sent a messenger in every nation (saying) that
'Worship Allah, and avoid the devil (Satan) then some of them were
guided by Allah and upon some of them astraying came rightly.
Therefore travel in the land and behold. How was the end of those
37. If you are eager for their guidance, then undoubtedly Allah
guides not him who has been sent astray and they have no helper.
38. And they swear by Allah with the utmost endeavor in their oaths
that Allah will not raise the deadness, yes why, the true promise is
on Him but most people know not.
39. In order that He may tell them plainly that in which they used
to dispute and in order that, the infidels should know that they
40. Anything we intend, our saying to it is that We say 'Be' it
41. And those who left their homes and hearths in the way of Allah
being oppressed. We shall surely give them good place in the world.
And undoubtedly, the reward of the Hereafter is much greater;
anyhow, people would have known.
42. Those who have kept patience, and rely only on their Lord..
43. And We sent not before you Any but men to whom We reveal then O
people! ask the men of knowledge if you know not.
44. With clear arguments and Books. And O' Beloved! We sent down to
you the Remembrance that you may explain to people what was sent
down to them and that haply they may ponder.
45. Do then, those who devise evil plans not fear that Allah may
sink them in the earth, or the torment may come to them from whence
they know not?
46. Or that He may seize them while going to and fro, because they
can not tire Him.
47. Or that He may catch them by a process of slow wastage. No
doubt, your Lord is very Kind, Merciful.
48. And have they not observed that whatever Allah has made, their
shadows turn right and left prostrating to Allah and they are abased
49. And to Allah, prostrate all that is in the heavens and all that
are crawling in the earth and the angels (too) and they do not
50. They fear their Lord above them and do what they are commanded.
[^] (SAJDA) 3.
51. And Allah has said take not two gods.' He is only one God to be
worshipped and therefore fear Me alone.
52. And whatever is in the heavens and earths His only and only His
obedience is incumbent. Will you then fear any other than Allah?
53. And whatever good thing you have is all from Allah then touches
you for shelter.
54. Then when He removes evil from you, then a group of you begins
to associate others with their Lord.
55. That they may be ungrateful to what Good, We have bestowed them.
Then enjoy a little, but soon you will come to know.
56. And they appoint a portion out of what We have provided them for
unknown things. By Allah'. You are surely to be questioned as to
what you used to forge.
57. And they appoint daughters for Allah, Holy is He, and for
themselves, they have what they desire.
58. And when the good tiding of the birth of a daughter is conveyed
to any of them, then his face remains black all along the day, and
he suppresses his anger.
59. He hides himself from the people, because of the evil of this
good tiding. Shall he keep it with disgrace or bury it in the dust?
Lo! very bad, they judge.
60. The condition of those who believe not in the Hereafter is evil
one' and the glory of Allah is Loftiest. And He is the Honorable,
61. And if Allah would have seized people for their wrong doings,
then He would have left no crawling creature on earth, but He defers
them till a time fixed, then when their term will come, they can not
remain behind a single hour, nor can they go ahead of it.
62. And they appoint for Allah what they themselves dislike and
their tongues tell lie that for them is good. Then undoubtedly, for
them is the fire. And they are the persons who have crossed the
63. By Allah' We have sent messengers to many nations before you,
then the devil (Satan) made their works beautiful in their eyes so
he is their companion this day and for them is the torment painful.
64. And We have not sent down this Book to you but in order that you
may make clear to them that about which they differ, and a guidance
and mercy for the believers.
65. And Allah sent down water from the heaven then gave life to
earth by it after its death. Undoubtedly, there is a sign in it for
those who have ears.
66. And no doubt, there is a lesson for you in the cattle. We give
you to drink of what is in their bellies from between the dung and
blood, milk pure easy to swallow for the drinkers.
67. And of the fruits of date palms and the grapes, you make
therefrom a non-alcoholic drink and a good provision. Undoubtedly,
in it, there is a sign for a people of wisdom.
68. And your Lord inspired the bee that makes houses in the hills
and in the trees and in the roofs.
69. Then eat of every kind of fruit, and walk the ways of your Lord
that is smooth and easy for you. There comes out from their bellies
a drink of varied colors in which there is healing for the people
Undoubtedly in it there is sign for those who ponder.
70. Allah has created you. Then He will cause you to die. And some
of you are turned towards the worst part of life. So that they know
not after having knowledge. No doubt. Allah is All Knowing. All
71. And Allah has preferred one over the other in the means of
subsistence. Then those who have been preferred will not divert
their means of subsistence to their hand maid slaves. So that they
all should become equal in it. Do they then deny the blessing of
72. And Allah has made for you women from among your selves and
created for you from your women, sons, and grandsons and provided
you with clean things. Do they then believe in false-hood and deny
the favour of Allah?
73. And they worship beside Allah such, which have no power to give
any provision from the heavens and earth, nor can they do anything.
74. Then set not similitudes for Allah. No doubt, Allah knows and
you know not.
75. Allah explained an example, that there is a slave, a property of
the other, having himself no power, and there is one whom We have
provided from Ourselves with good provision, then he spends out of
it secretly and openly whether they will be equal? All praise
belongs to Allah. But most of them know not.
76. And Allah explained an example, there are two men, one dumb who
can do nothing and is a burden over his master wherever he sends
him, he brings to him no good. Will he be equal to him who orders
Justice and he is himself on the straight path?
SECTION -: 11
77. And for Allah is the secret thing of heavens and earth. And the
matter of the Hour is not but as twinkling of the eye but even
nearer than. No doubt' Allah can do everything.
78. And Allah has created you from the wombs of your mothers while
you knew nothing, and gave you ears and eyes and hearts so that you
may be grateful.
79. Have they not seen the birds tied to order in the firmament of
the heaven, none hold them save Allah? No doubt, in it there is sign
for those who believe.
80. And Allah gave you houses for habitation, and made for you of
the skins of cattle some houses which are light for the day you
travel and for the day you stay at stage, and from their wool and
fur and hair some household goods and the things of use for a time.
81. And Allah gave you shades out of things He made, and made for
you shelters in the mountains, and made for you some garments to
protect you from heat and some garments to protect you in fighting.
Thus does He complete His favour on you, that you may submit to His
82. Then if they turn away their faces then. O beloved, there is
nothing upon you but to deliver clearly.
83. They recognize the favour of Allah, then they deny it and most
of them are infidels.
SECTION: I 2
84. And the day when We shall raise a witness from every nation,
then the infidels will neither be permitted nor shall they be
85. And when the wrongdoers will see the torment, and then it shall
not be lightened from them nor will they get time.
86. And when those who associated partners will see their
associates, they will say, 'O our Lord! These are our associates
whom we used to worship besides You. Then they will throw back at
them the word that undoubtedly, you are liars.
87. And they will fell submissively to Allah on that day and what
they used to forge will be lost from them.
88. Those who disbelieved and debarred from the path of Allah We
increased torment upon torment, the recompense of their mischief.
89. And the day when We shall raise a witness in every community
from amongst themselves that they may give evidence against them and
O beloved! We shall bring you as a witness against all those. And We
have sent down this Quran on you in which every thing is clearly
explained and as guidance and mercy and good tidings for the
90. Undoubtedly, Allah bids justice and good doing and giving to
kindred and forbids indecency and wicked things and rebellion. He
admonishes you that you may be mindful.
91. And fulfil the covenant of Allah when you have made the
covenant, and break not the oaths after making them fast, and you
have already made Allah a surety upon you. No doubt, Allah knows
92: And be not like that woman who has broken her yarn into pieces,
after it has become strong. You make our oaths an unreal excuse
amongst yourselves so that one community may not be more numerous
than another community. Allah tries you thereby. And necessarily, He
will make clear to you on the Day of Judgment as to what you used to
93. And if Allah had willed, He would have made you a single nation
but Allah leads astray whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases.
And necessarily, you will be asked of your works.
94. And do not make your oaths as unfounded excuse amongst
yourselves lest any foot may slip after its being made firm and you
may have to taste evil for you used to hinder from the path of Allah
and a great torment descend on you.
95. And take not a little price for the covenant of Allah
undoubtedly, that which is with Allah is better for you if you know.
96. What is with you will be exhausted and what is with Allah is to
remain forever. And certainly We shall give to those who are patient
that reward befitting to their best work.
97. Whoever works good, male or female and be a Muslim, then
certainly We shall make him live a good life and necessarily We
shall give them their reward befitting to their best work.
98. Then when you recite Quran, ask refuge of Allah from the devil
(Satan) the rejected one.
99. No doubt, he has no control over those who believe and have
trust in their Lord.
100. He has his control over those who befriend him and those who
set associates with Him.
101. And when We exchange one verse for the other and Allah knows
well what he. Sends down, the infidels say, 'you make it on your
own.' But most of them know not.
102. Say 'The Holy spirit has brought it down from your Lord with
truth, that He may make firm the believers and as a guidance and
glad tidings to the Muslims.'
103. And undoubtedly, We know that they say 'It is only 'a man who
teaches him. The tongue of him towards whom they hint at is foreign
and this is clear Arabic language.
104. No doubt, those who believe not in the verses of Allah, Allah
guides them not and for them is the painful torment.
105. It is only those who believe not in the verses of Allah forge
lies and they are the liars.
106. Whoso denies Allah after believing in Him save him who is
compelled and his heart is firm in belief, yes whoso becomes infidel
with open heart, upon them is the wrath of Allah and for them is the
107. It is because they knew the life of the world more pleasing
than the life of the Hereafter, and because Allah guides not (such)
108. These are they upon whose hearts and ears and eyes Allah has
set a seal and it is they lying heedlessly.
109. Undoubtedly, in the Here after it is they the losers.
110. Then no doubt, your Lord, for them who left their homes after
being tortured, then they struggled and remained patient, no doubt,
your Lord thereafter is necessarily Forgiving, Merciful.
111. The day when every soul will come disputing towards itself; and
every soul shall be paid in full for what it did and they shall not
112. And Allah explained a saying of a town, which was safe and
satisfied. Its provision came in abundance from all sides, then it
began showing un-thank fullness to the blessings of Allah. Then
Allah made it to taste this punishment that it was caused to wear
the garment of hunger and fear, the recompense of what they did.
113. And no doubt, a messenger came to them from amongst themselves
then they belied him, then the torment seized them and they were
114. Then eat out of the provisions of Allah lawful and clean and be
thankful of the blessing of Allah if you worship Him.
115. He has made unlawful to you only these, the dead, and the
blood. And the flesh of swine, and that upon which other than God's
name has been pronounced at the time of slaughter then who is
helpless neither desiring nor exceeding the limit' then no doubt,
Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
116. And say not what your tongues tell falsely this is lawful and
this is unlawful so that you may forge lie against Allah. No doubt,
those who forge lie against Allah, they will not prosper.
117. There is a short enjoyment and for them is the painful torment.
118. And We made specially unlawful to the Jews those things which
We have already related to you, and We oppressed them not yes they
used to wrong their own souls.
119. Then undoubtedly, your Lord to those who commit evil
ignorantly, then repent thereafter and get corrected. No doubt, your
Lord thereafter is necessarily Forgiving. Merciful.
120. No doubt, Ibrahim was a Leader, obedient to Allah and separate
from all other and was not a polytheist
121. Thankful to His Blessings Allah chose him and showed him the
122. And We gave him good, in the world. And undoubtedly, in the
Hereafter he is among the righteous.
123. Then We revealed to you that follow the faith of Ibrahim who
was separate from all falsehood and was not a polytheist.
124. The Saturday (Sabbath) as imposed only upon those who differed
in it. And undoubtedly your, Lord will judge between them on the Day
of Judgment about that in which they differed.
125. Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good admonition
and argue with them in a way that is best. No doubt. Your Lord knows
well who has strayed from His way and He knows well those who are
126. And if you give punishment then punish them to the extent they
had afflicted you, and if you be patient, then undoubtedly, patience
is best 'for those who are patient.
127. And O beloved! Be patient and your patience is because of Allah
and grieve not for them and be not strained because of their plots.
128. No doubt, Allah is with those who fear and do good.