Mecca.. 6 Sections. 98 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Kaaf-Ha-Ya, Ain-Saad.
2. This is the record of that mercy of your Lord, which He showed to
His bondman Zakaria.
3. When he called his Lord secretly.
4. He submitted, 'O My Lord, my bone is weakened and the flame of
oldness appeared from the head. And O my Lord, I never remained
unsuccessful after calling you'
5. And I fear my relations after me, and my wife is barren, then
me from Yourself any one who may take over my work'.
6. He should be my heir and be the heir of the children of Yaqub and
my Lord! Make him acceptable'.
7. O Zakaria! We give you glad tiding of a son whose name is Yahya.
have not made anyone of this name before him.
8. Submitted he, 'O my Lord, from where I shall have a son when my
is barren and I have reached the condition of being emaciated due to
9. He said, 'so it is, your Lord said', that is easy to Me and
made you before at a time when you were nothing.
10. Submitted he, 'O my Lord, give me any sign', He said, 'your sign
this that you speak not to people three nights being healthy'.
11. Then he came out to his people from the mosque and he beckoned
them, continue glorifying morning and evening.
12. O Yahya, (John) hold fast the Book. And We bestowed him prophet
hood in his childhood.
13. And kind-heartedness from purity and Us. And he was utmost God
14. And was well behaved towards his parents and was not arrogant,
15. And peace is on him the day when he was born and the day, when
will die and the day when he will be raised alive.
16. And remember, Maryam in the Book; when she went a part from her
family towards a place in the east.
17. Then she put a screen away from them, then We sent Our spiritual
towards her, and he appeared before her in the shape of healthy man.
18. She said, 'I beg refuge of the Most Affectionate from you if you
are afraid of God'.
19. He said, 'I am only a messenger of your Lord. That I may give
20. She said, 'from where shall I have a son, no man has touched me,
nor I am an unchaste?
21. He said, 'so it is, your Lord has said, this is easy to me', and
that We make it a sign for the people and a mercy from Us, and this
matter is already decreed.
22. Now Maryam conceived it, then she went away with him to a far
23. Then the pains of the childbirth brought her to the trunk of a
palm-tree. She said, Oh, would that I had died before this and had
become a thing forgotten, lost'.
24. Then one called from underneath her, grieve not undoubtedly,
Lord has caused to flow a rivulet below you.
25. And shake towards yourself holding the trunk of the palm tree,
fresh and ripe dates will fall upon you.
26. Then eat and drink and Cool your eyes; then if you see any man,
then say, 'I have vowed a fast to the Most Affectionate, so I shall
speak to anyone today'.
27. Then she brought him to her people taking him in her lap. They
said, 'no 'doubt, you have committed a very vile thing.'
28. O sister of Haroon! your father was not a wicked man and nor was
your mother an unchaste woman.
29. Then Maryam pointed towards the child. They said, how could we
to him who is a baby in the cradle'.
30. The baby said, 'I am a bondman of Allah, He gave me the Book and
made me the communicator of unseen news (the Prophet).
31. And he made me blessed wherever I may be and enjoined on me
and poor due (Zakat) so long as I live.
32. And dutiful to my mother and not made me vigorous, unfortunate.
33. And the same peace on me the day I was born and the day I die
the day I am raised alive.
34. This is Iesa the son of Maryam, a word of truth in which they
35. It is not befitting to Allah that He should take to Himself
as son, Holy is He. When He decrees anything, thus then He says to
'Be' it becomes atonce.
36. And Iesa said, 'undoubtedly Allah is my Lord and your Lord, then
worship Him. This path is straight'.
37. Then the parties differed among themselves; then misery is for
infidels from the presence of a great day.
38. How much they will hear and how much they will see the day they
will come to Us, but today the unjust are in open error.
39. And warn them of the Day of regret when the matter would have
decreed and they are in negligence and they believe not.
40. Undoubtedly, We shall inherit the earth and whatever is thereon
they shall return towards Us.
41. And remember Ibrahim in the Book, no doubt, he was truthful.
42. When he said to his father, 'O my father, why do you worship
which neither hears nor sees, and nor it is of any use to you'.
43. 'O my father! Undoubtedly', there has come to me that knowledge
which has not come to you, then follow me, I shall guide you to
44. O my father! Serve not e devil (Satan) undoubtedly, the devil is
disobedient against the Most Affectionate'.
45. 'O my father! I fear that the torment of the Most then you
the companion of the devil (Satan).
46. He said, 'do you turn your face from my Gods O Ibrahim'? No
if you would not desist, then I shall stone you, and be away from me
for a good long time.
47. He said, 'now enough, peace be to you, I will beg my Lord
forgiveness for you, no doubt, He is kind enough to me.
48. And I shall be apart from you and from all those whom you
besides Allah and I shall worship my Lord, it is near that by
my Lord I may not be unfortunate.
49. Then when he aparted from them and from their deities beside
We gave him Ishaque and Yaqub. And made each of them Prophet the
communicator of unseen news.
50. And We gave them Our mercy and put for them true lofty renown.
51. And remember Musa in the Book, no doubt, he was chosen one and
a messenger the communicator of unseen news.
52. And We called him from the right side of the mount (fur) and
him near for telling Our secrets.
53. And gave him out of Our mercy his brother, the communicator of
unseen news (a Prophet).
54. And remember Ismail in the Book, undoubtedly, he was true in
promise and was a messenger, a communicator of unseen news
55. And he bade his family members to pray and to give poor due
and was pleasing to his Lord.
56. And remember Idrees in the Book, undoubtedly he was a man of
the communicator of unseen news.
57. And We raised him up to a lofty building.
58. These are they on whom Allah bestowed His blessings from amongst
the communicators of unseen news, of the offspring of Adam and of
whom We bore with Nuh and of the offspring of Ibrahim and Yaqoob and
them whom We guided and chose. Whenever the verses of the Most
Affectionate are recited to them, they fell down prostrating and
weeping. [^] (SAJDA) 5.
59. Then after them came those degenerate who wasted prayer and
followed their lust then soon they will encounter a valley of the
60. But those who repented and believed and did good deeds, then
people will enter Heaven and they will not be wronged in the least.
61. Gardens of dwelling which the Most Affectionate promised to His
bondmen in the unseen. Undoubtedly His Promise is to come.
62. They will not hear therein any word vain, but only greetings of
peace. And for them, there is their provision morning and evening.
63. This is the Garden, which We shall cause to inherit to that of
bondmen who is duty-bound righteous.
64. (And Gabriel said to the beloved Prophet), 'we angels do not
descend but by the command of your honor's Lord. His is whatever is
before us and whatsoever is behind us and whatsoever is in between
your honor's Lord is never forgetful.
65. Lord of the heavens and earth and what is in between, then
Him and remain firm in His worship. Do you know any other of His
66. And the man says, 'shall when I die, then necessarily soon be
brought forth alive?'
67. And does the man not remember that We made him before when he
68. So by your Lord, We shall gather them and the devils together,
shall bring them around the Hell falling on their knees.
69. Then We shall pick out from every group those who will be most
fearless against the Most Affectionate.
70. Then We know very well those who are worthiest to be roasted in
71. There is not one of you who may not pass over the Hell this is
necessarily a decided thing for your Lord.
72. Then We shall save the God fearing; and will leave the unjust in
falling on their knees.
73. And when Our bright verses are recited to them, the infidels say
Muslims, 'which of the group's house is good and better in assembly.
74. And how many generations We have destroyed before them, that
were better in goods and outward show than them.
75. Say you, 'one who is in error, then the Most Affectionate let
him well until when they see that they are promised with, either the
torment or the Hour. Now then, they will know whose position is
and whose force is weak.
76. And those who got guidance, Allah will increase them in
And the abiding good things are excellent with your Lord in respect
reward and in respect of return.
77. Have you seen him who has disbelieved in Our Signs and says, 'I
shall surely be given wealth and children?'
78. Has he looked into the unseen or has he taken any covenant with
79. Never, now We shall put in writing what he says and will prolong
for him the torment.
80. And for whatever he is speaking, We shall inherit and he will
to Us alone.
81. And they have taken other gods beside Allah that they may give
82. Never, soon they will deny their worship and will become their
83. Did you not see that We sent devils upon infidels, that they
them well (towards sins)?
84. Then be not you in haste against them. We are completing their
85. The day We shall carry the duty-bound (pious) towards the Most
Affectionate as guests
86. And will drive the culprits towards the Hell thirsty.
87. The people are not the owner of intercession but only those who
have taken a covenant with the Most Affectionate.
88. The infidels said, the Most Affectionate has taken a son'.
89. No doubt, you brought a thing of heavy limit. (Most evil)
90. It is near that the heavens may burst by it and the earth may
down and the mountains fell down collapsed.
91. That because they ascribed a son to the- Most Affectionate.
92. And it behaves not the Most Affectionate that he should take a
93. All who are in heavens and earth. They shall come to the Most
Affectionate as bondmen.
94. No doubt, He knows their counting and has numbered them one by
95. And of them, every one will come to Him alone on the day of
96. Undoubtedly, those who believed and did good deeds soon the Most
Affectionate will make for them love.
97. So We made this Quran quite easy in your tongue that you may
glad-tidings to the godfeary and you may warn thereby a contentious
98. And how many generations We destroyed before them. Do you see
one of them or you hear of them any whisper?