Reveled at Madina-Part at Mecca 10 Sections. 78
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
Allah in the name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. O people! Fear your Lord, undoubtedly, the tremour of the Hour is
a thing very hard.
2. The Day when you would see it, every suckling woman shall forget
her infant whom she suckled, and every pregnant shall cast away her
burden, and you will see men as they are drunk and they will not be
drunk, but the torment of Allah is severe.
3. And there are some who dispute about Allah without knowledge, and
follow every rebellious devil.
4. For whom it has been written that who will befriend him, then he
will necessarily misguide him and will guide him towards the torment
5. O people! If you have any doubt about the Resurrection, then
consider that We created you from dust, then. From a drop of water
(Sperm), then from the clot of blood, then from a piece of flesh
fashioned and unfashioned, so that We may manifest to you Our Signs.
And We cause whom We will to remain in the womb of mothers until an
appointed time, then We bring you out as infant, then in order that
you may reach your maturity, and of you is one who dies early and is
one who is put to a worthless age so that after knowing knows
nothing. And you see the earth withered up then when We sent down
water upon it, it was freshened and swelled up and grew every
6. This is so because Allah is the Truth and that it is He Who will
give life to the dead and that He can do all things.
7. And because the Hour is to come, there is no doubt in it and
because Allah will raise those who are in the graves.
8. And of mankind is he who disputes about Allah with out having any
knowledge and without any guidance and without any enlightening
9. Turning his neck from truth so that he may mislead others from
the path of Allah. For him there is humiliation in the world and on
the Day of Judgement, We shall make him taste the torment of
10. This is because of what your hands sent forth and Allah
oppresses not His bondmen.
11. And some men worship Allah on an edge, then if any good reaches
him, then he is content therewith and if trial befalls, turn round
on his face; there is loss of the world and the Hereafter both. This
is a manifest loss.
12. They worship beside Allah such that which can neither do neither
bad nor good to them. This is indeed straying a-far.
13. They worship such that whose harm is more expected than his
benefit. No doubt, what an evil patron and no doubt what an evil
14. Undoubtedly, Allah will cause those who believed and did good
deeds to enter Gardens beneath which rivers flow. No doubt, Allah
does what He will.
15. Whosoever imagines that Allah will not help His prophet in the
world and the Hereafter, let him stretch a rope upward and let him
hang himself, then let him see whether his device took away that for
which his heart is burning.
16. And thus We have sent down this Quran as manifest signs and that
Allah guides whom He will.
17. Undoubtedly, Muslims and Jews and the Sabians and the Christians
and the Magians and the polytheists, verily Allah will judge between
them on the Day of judgement. Undoubtedly, every thing is before
18. Have you not seen that to Allah, prostrates whosoever is in the
heavens and in the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars,
and the mountains, and the trees, and the beasts, and many of man
kind? And many are those upon whom the torment is already justified.
And whomsoever Allah disgraces, none is there to give him honour.
Undoubtedly, Allah does what He pleases. [^] (SAJDA) 6.
19. There are two parties who disputed concerning their Lord. As for
those who disbelieved, the garments of fire were cut out for them,
and boiling water will be poured down on their heads.
20. Whereby that which is in their bellies will be melted and their
21. And for them are the maces of iron.
22. When they will wish to get out of it due to anguish, again they
will be turned back into it and it will be commanded to them, taste
the torment of the fire.
23. No doubt, Allah will cause those who believed and did good deeds
to enter Gardens beneath which streams flow, they will be made to
wear bracelets of gold and pearls. And their apparel there is of
24. And they were guided to pure speech and were guided to the path
of the All Praiseworthy.
25. Undoubtedly, those who disbelieve and hinder from the way of
Allah and from the Sacred Mosque which We have appointed equal for
all, both for dwellers therein and visitors. And whoso seeks any
excessiveness in it unjustly, We shall cause them to taste painful
26. And when We informed Abraham the right place of the House,
ordained, associate anything with Me, and keep My House clean for
persons making round of it and those who bow and prostrate.
27. And proclaim among people the pilgrimage. They will come to you
on foot and on every lean camel coming from every distant track.'
28. 'That they may pet their own benefits of it and may mention the
name of Allah during the known days over the mute quadrupeds that He
has provided for them. So eat yourself there-of and feed the
29. Then let them cleanse their dirt, fulfil their vows, and make
round of the free House.
30. The thing is this, and whoso respects the sacred things of
Allah, then it is good for him with his Lord; And the mute
quadrupeds are made lawful to you save those whose prohibition are
being rehearsed to you, then be away from the filth of the idols and
avoid the word that is false.
31. Being one for Allah, associate none with Him. And whoso
associates any thing with Allah, it is as he fell down from the sky
and the birds have snatched him away or the wind blows him away to a
32. The thing is this and whoso respects the signs of Allah, and
then it is from the pity of hearts.
33. For you there is benefits in quadrupeds for an appointed term,
then they are to reach to the Free House.
34. And for every nation, We appointed a sacrifice that they might
mention the name of Allah over the mute quadrupeds that He has
provided to them. But your God is one God, then submit to Him only
and O beloved! Give glad tidings to the humble.
35. That when Allah is mentioned their hearts are filled with fear
and bear whatever befalls them and they, observe prayer and spend
out of what We have provided.
36. And We made the sacrificial bulky animals camel and cow among
the symbols of Allah for you. In them, there is Good for you. So
mention the name of Allah over them while standing in line with
three legs and tied up with one leg, then hen their sides fall down,
eat thereof yourself and feed the contented and the beggars, thus We
have subjected them to you, so that you may be thankful.
37. Neither their flesh reaches to Allah nor their blood, but your
piety reaches Him. Thus We subjected them to you that you may
glorify Allah for that He has guided you. And O beloved! Give glad
tidings to the righteous.
38. Undoubtedly, Allah removes the calamities of Muslims. Verily,
Allah loves not anyone who is treacherous and ungrateful.
39. Permission is given to them with whom the infidels fight because
they were oppressed. And no doubt, Allah is necessarily powerful to
40. Those who were driven out from their homes without right only on
this pretext that they said, 'Our Lord is Allah. And if Allah had
not removed men one by means of other, then necessarily, the
cloisters and churches and synagogues and mosques wherein the name
of Allah is mentioned much would have been pulled down. And
undoubtedly, Allah will necessarily help him who will help His
religion; verily Allah is necessarily, Powerful, Dominant.
41. Those, if We give them control in the land they, would establish
prayer and pay the Zakat (poor-due) and command good and forbid
evil. And for Allah is the end of all affairs.
42. And if they belie you, then no doubt, before them the people of
Nuh and Aad and Thamud have already belied.
43. And the people of Ibrahim and the people of Lut.
44. And the dwellers of Madian and Musa too was belied, then I, let
loose the infidels, then I seized them, so how was My torment.
45. And how many towns We destroyed that they were unjust, so now
they are fallen down on their roofs, and how many wells are lying
neglected and how many places are deserted.
46. Have they not traveled in the land that they should have hearts
with which to understand, or ears with which to hear? Certainly, it
is not the eyes that are blind, but blind the hearts, which are in
47. And they ask you to and Allah shall never fail in His promise,
and undoubtedly, there is with your Lord such a day like a thousand
years in your reckoning.
48. And how many towns that We let them loose that they were unjust
then I seized them and to Me is the return.
49. Say you, 'O Mankind; I am but a clear warner to you'.
50. Then those who believed and did good works for them, is
forgiveness and an honorable provision.
51. And those who strive in Our signs with the intention of victory
and defeat, they are inmates of Hell.
52. And We sent as many a Messenger or a Prophet, on all this
incident has occurred sometime, that when they recited then the
devil added something from his own side in their recital towards the
people. But Allah removes what the devil casts forth, then Allah
firmly establishes His signs. And Allah is Knowing, Wise.
53. That He may make what the devil casts forth a trial for those in
whose hearts is a disease and whose hearts are hardened. And
undoubtedly, the oppressors are quarrelsome to the end.
54. And so that those who have been given knowledge may know that it
is the truth from your Lord, so they believe in it, then their
hearts may submit to it, And undoubtedly, Allah guides the believers
to the straight path.
55. And the infidels will remain in doubt about it, until the Hour
comes on them suddenly, or there comes to them the torment of a day
the fruit of which may not be good for them.
56. The Kingdom on that day is of Allah's only. He will judge
between them. Then those who believed and did good deeds, they are
in the Gardens of comfort.
57. And those who disbelieved, and belied Our signs, for them is the
torment of humiliation.
58. And those who left their homes, in the way of Allah, and were
then slain or died, Allah will necessarily provide them with a
goodly provision. And undoubtedly, the provision of Allah is the
59. Most certainly, He will carry them to such place, which they
will like. And undoubtedly, Allah is Knowing, Forbearing.
60. The thing is this, and whoso takes revenge the like of which he
was tortured, and again he is transgressed against then surely,
Allah will help him. Undoubtedly, Allah is Pardoning, Forgiving.
61. And that is because, Allah causes the night to enter into the
day, and causes the day to enter into the night and that Allah is
62. And that is because Allah is the only Truth, and whomsoever they
worship beside Him, it is the false, and because Allah is the High,
63. Have you not seen that Allah sent down water from the sky, then
in the morning the earth became green? Undoubtedly, Allah is Holy,
64. To Him belong all that is in heavens and all that is in the
earth. And undoubtedly, Allah is the self-sufficient the Laudable.
65. Have you not seen that Allah has subjected to you whatever is in
the earth, and that the boat runs in the river by His command? And
He has withheld the sky that it may not fan on the earth but by His
command. Undoubtedly, Allah is most Loving, most Affectionate
towards human being.
66. And it is He Who gave life to you, then He will cause to die,
again He will give life to you. Undoubtedly the human being is most
67. To every nation We made principles of worship that they should
observe, so they necessarily let not dispute with you in this matter
and call them towards your Lord. Undoubtedly, you are on the
68. And if they dispute with you, then say, 'Allah knows well what
69. Allah will judge between, you on the Day of judgement regarding
that you are differing.
70. Did you not know that Allah knows whatever is in the heavens and
is in the earth. Undoubtedly, all this is in a Book. Verily this is
easy for Allah.
71. And they worship beside Allah that for which He has not sent
down any authority and that of which they have themselves no
knowledge. And for the oppressors there is no helper.
72. And when Our bright signs are recited to them, then you will see
symptoms of denial in the faces of those who have disbelieved. It is
near that they may attack on those who recite Our signs to them. Say
you, 'shall I inform you of what is worse than of your this
condition? That is the Fire. Allah has promised It to the infidels.
And what is an evil place of return.
73. O people! A similitude is related, listen to it attentively.
These, whom you worship beside Allah, could not make a fly though
they should all gather for it. And if the fly snatch, away something
from them then they could not take it back from it. How weak are the
desirer and that which was desired.
74. They valued not Allah, as He should be valued. Undoubtedly,
Allah is Powerful, Dominant.
75. Allah chooses Messengers from amongst the angles and from
amongst the men. Undoubtedly, Allah is Hearing, Seeing.
76. He knows what is before them and what is behind them. And the
return of every affair is towards Allah.
77. O believers! Bow and prostrate and worship your Lord, and do
good deeds haply you may be relieved. [^] (SAJDA) SHAFAI
78. And strive in the path of Allah as is due for striving. He has
chosen you and has not laid upon you any narrowness in religion, the
faith of your father Ibrahim. Allah has named you Muslim in earlier
Books arid in this Book too, so that the Messenger may be your
custodian and witness and that you may be witness against mankind;
so establish the prayer and pay the poordue (Zakat) and hold fast
the' rope of Allah. He is your Protector, and what an Excellent