Mecca. 6 Sections. 77 Verses.
of Right and Wrong
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Immensely Blessed is He Who has sent down the Quran to His
that he may be a warner to the entire world.
2. He for Whom is the kingdom of heavens and earth and He has not
a son for Himself and He has no Partner in His Kingdom, and after
creating every thing, He has ordained it on a right estimate.
3. And the people have taken other gods besides Him, that they
nothing and they themselves have been created, and they themselves
not owners of their own souls either for bad or for good, and
they have power to die nor to be alive nor to rise up.
4. And the infidels said, 'this is not but a calumny which he has
fabricated and some other people have helped him in it, undoubtedly,
those unjust people have brought more falsehood.
5. And they said, 'these are fables of the ancients which he has
written, so that they are read to him morning and evening.
6. Say you, 'it has been sent down by Him Who knows every secret
of the heavens and the earth. Undoubtedly, He is Forgiving,
7. And they said, 'what happened to this Messenger, he eats food,
walks about the market, why not an angel was sent down to him that
might be a warner with him.
8. Or he would have got a treasure from the hidden place or he would
have any garden that he may eat therefrom. And the unjust people
You follow not but a man who has been bewitched'.
9. O beloved, see what kind of similitudes they are coining for you,
therefore, they have gone astray, now they can not find any way.
10. Blessed is He Who, if He please, will do better for you than
Gardens beneath which flow streams and He make palaces for you.
11. Nay, they belie the Hour, and for him who belies the Hour, We
prepared a blazing fire.
12. When it will see them from a far, they will hear its bubbling
13. And when they will be thrown into any narrow place thereof tied
With chains, they will there request for death.
14. It will be said, 'request not today one death but request for
15. Say you, 'Is this better or the abiding garden which is promised
those who fear. That is their reward and end.
16. For them is therein all that they desire, they will abide
for ever. This is promise made by your Lord as prayed for.
17. And the day He will assemble them and those they worship besides
Allah, then He will say to those gods, 'have you led these My
astray or they themselves strayed away from the path'?
18. They will say, 'Glory is to you, it was not befitting for us
we should take besides You any other patron, but You did allow them
their forefathers to carry on until they forgot Your remembrance and
these were the people to be ruined.
19. Now therefore the gods have belied your sayings, you can neither
avert the torment nor can help yourselves. And who is among you is a
wrong doer, We shall make him taste a big torment.
20. And as many Messengers We sent before you, they were all the
they ate food and walked about in the markets. And We have made one
you a test for the other, and O, people! Will you have patience, and
beloved! Your Lord is seeing.
PART-19 (Waqalal lazina)
21. And said those who do not expect meeting Us, "Why not angels are
sent, to us, or we see our Lord" Undoubtedly they have become proud
themselves and they have become greatly contumacious.
22. The day they will see the angels' that will not be a happy day
the guilty, and will say, 'O Allah', set a barrier forbidden between
23. And whatever work they had done, We have purposely made them
particles or dust scattered that are seen in the sunshine of the
24. Fellows of the Paradise on that day will have a good destination
and after the noon of reckoning a good place for rest.
25. And on the day, the sky shall be split as-under with the Clouds
the angels shall be sent down fully in large number.
26. The true Kingdom that day is of the Most Affectionate. And it is
hard day on the infidels.
27. And on that day the wrongdoer will bite his hands saying 'O'
that I had taken a way with the Messenger.
28. Ah' Woe to me', would that anyhow I had not taken such a one for
29. Undoubtedly, he led me astray from the admonition after it had
to me. And the devil (Satan) leaves the man deserted.
30. And the Messenger said, 'O my Lord', my people took ' this Quran
a thing abandoned'.
31. And thus We did make for every prophet enemy from among the
culprits. And your Lord is sufficient to guide and to help.
32. And the infidels said why the Quran was not sent down on them
at once? We have thus sent it down gradually that We may strengthen
your heart there with and We recited it with gradual recitation.
33. And they will not bring you any saying but We shall bring you
truth and better explanation.
34. And those who shall be driven upon their faces towards the Hell,
their destination is worst and worstly misguided from the path.
35. And undoubtedly, We gave Musa the Book and appointed his brother
Haroon as Minister.
36. Then We said, 'go both of you towards the people who have belied
Our Signs. Then We perished them after wrecking.
37. And as to the people of Nuh' When they belied the Messengers, We
drowned them and made them a sign for the people. And We have
prepared painful torment for the oppressors.
38. And the Aad and the Thamud and the people of the well and many a
generation in between.
39. And We narrated examples to all and We obliterated all after
40. And necessarily, they have already visited the town where on was
rained an evil rain. Had they not seen it? Nay, but they had no hope
be raised up alive.
41. And when they see you, they take you not but in mockery. Is this
the one whom Allah had sent as Messenger?
42. It was near that he would have made us astray from our gods if
had not persevered towards them. Now they wish to know, the day when
they will see the torment that who was astray from the path.
43. Have you seen him who has taken as his god his own desire? Will
then take the responsibility of being a guardian over him?
44. Or do you think that most of them hear and understand? They are
but like cattle, nay, but they are worst astray from the path.
45. O beloved! Have you not seen your Lord that how He has spread
shadow? And if He had willed, He would have made it stationary, then
have made the sun guide over it.
46. Then We rolled it up towards Us slowly, slowly.
47. And it is He Who has made for you the night a covering and the
sleep a rest and made the day to rise up.
48. And it is He Who has sent winds bearing glad tidings before His
Mercy, and We sent down water from the sky purifying.
49. So that We may thereby give life to a dead city, and give it for
drink to Our created many cattle and men.
50. And undoubtedly, We have fixed turn of water amongst them that
may take heed, but most of the people accepted not but being
51, And if We had willed, We would have sent a warner in every town.
52. Obey then not the infidels and wage war against them with this
Quran a mighty war.
53. And it is He Who caused to flow two seas together, this one is
sweet, very palatable and this one is saltiest, bitter in taste, and
placed a barrier in between them and a forbidden ban.
54. And it is He Who created man from water then appointed for him
relationship by blood and relationship by marriage. And your Lord is
55. And they worship besides Allah that which can neither do good to
them nor can harm them and the infidel helps the devil (Satan)
56. And We have not sent you but as a bearer of glad tidings and a
57. Say you, 'I ask of you no wage for this but whosoever wills may
take a way towards his Lord.
58. And rely you upon the Living One who will never die and glorify
admiring. And Sufficient is He, Aware of the sins of His bondmen.
59. Who made heavens and earth and whatever is between them in six
days, then He settled Himself on the throne befitting His Dignity.
Most Affectionate -Ask you then concerning Him anyone who knows.
60. And when it is said to them, prostrate yourself before the Most
Affectionate, they say, 'what is the Most Affectionate, shall we
rate to such whom you bid to us? And this order increased their
aversion. [^] (SAJDA) 7.
61. Most Blessed is He Who made constellations in the sky and placed
therein a lamp and a shinning moon.
62. And He it is Who has made the night and day changing one after
other, for him who wishes to pay attention or intends to be
63. And the bondmen of the Most Affectionate are those who walk on
earth modestly and when the ignorant address them, they say,
64. And those who pass the night for their Lord in prostration and
65. And those who request, 'O Our Lord', avert from us the torment
the Hell; undoubtedly, its torment is inseparable.
66. Undoubtedly, that is a vile place of abode.
67. And those who when they expend neither exceed the limit nor they
are straitened and remain in between the two on the middle path.
68. And those who worship not any other god along with Allah, soul
same which Allah has forbidden unjustly and do not commit adultery;
whosoever does this shall get the punishment.
69. The torment shall be multiplied to him on the Day of
and he shall abide therein forever disgraced.
70. But he who repents and believes and does good deeds, then Allah
will change the vices of such persons with virtues. And Allah is
71. And whosoever repents and does good deeds, then he turned
Allah in a manner as it was necessary.
72. And those who do not give false evidence and when they pass by
anything vain, pass on keeping their dignity.
73. And those who when they are reminded of the signs of their Lord
fall not there at deaf and blind.
74. And those who submit, 'O Our Lord', grant us from our lives and
offspring the coolness of eyes and make us the leader of those who
guard themselves against evil.
75. Those shall be rewarded with the highest upper apartment of the
paradise, the recompense of their patience, and they will be
there in with greetings and peace.
76. They shall abide therein forever, what a decent place of abode
77. Say you, 'you are of no value to my Lord, if you do not worship
Him; then indeed; you belied, therefore now there will be a cleaving