Mecca. 11 Sections. 227 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Ta, Sin, Mim
2. These are the signs of a bright Book.
3. Haply you will lay down your life in their grief that they
4. If We willed, We could send down any sign upon them from the
heavens, so that their high ones would remain bowed down before it.
5. And there comes not to them any new admonition from the Most
Affectionate, but they turn their faces from it.
6. Therefore, undoubtedly they belied, now soon there is to come to
them the tidings of their mocking at.
7. Have they not seen the earth, how many noble pairs have We caused
8. Undoubtedly, therein necessarily is a sign, but most of them are
9. And undoubtedly, your Lord necessarily He is Dignified, Merciful.
10. And recall when your Lord called Musa saying, 'go to the people
11. The people of Pharaoh (Firawn) Will they not fear?
12. He submitted, 'O my Lord', I fear that they will belie me.
13. And my breast straitens and my tongue moves not fluently,
make Haroon a Messenger.
14. And they have a charge against me, so that I fear that they may
15. Allah said, 'not so; go both of you with Our signs, We hear with
16. Therefore go to Pharaoh (Firawn) then say to him, 'both of us
the Messengers of Him Who is the Lord of the worlds.
17. That send you the children of Israel with us.
18. Firawn said, 'did We not bring you up among us in your
and you did pass among us many years of your life?
19. And you did your deed you did and you were ungrateful.
20. Musa said, 'I did do it when I was unaware of the path.
21. Therefore, I went away from you when I was afraid of you, then
Lord bestowed me wisdom and made me one of the Messengers.
22. And this is any grace of which you speak to me that you have
enslaved the children of Israel.
23. Firawn (Pharaoh) said 'and what is the Lord of the Worlds?
24. Musa said, 'the Lord of the heavens and the earth and of all
is between them if you would believe.
25. Firawn (the Pharaoh), said to those around him, 'do you not hear
26. Musa told, 'your Lord and the Lord of farmer fathers'.
27. Firawn said, 'your this Messenger who has been sent to you has
necessarily, no wisdom'.
28. Musa said, 'the Lord of east and west and what ever is between
if you have wisdom'.
29. Firawn said, 'if you will take a god other than me, then I will
certainly imprison you'.
30. Musa said, 'what, even though I bring you something bright?
31. Firawn said, 'Bring it then, if you are truthful'?
32. Therefore Musa threw down his staff hence it became a serpent
33. And he drew forth his hand, henceforth it was shining light to
34. Firawn said to the chiefs around him, 'undoubtedly, he is a
35. He desires to expel you from your land by the power of his
then what do you advice'?
36. They said, 'make him and his brother stay and send collectors in
37. That they may bring to you every big magician learned.
38. Therefore, the magicians were assembled together at a fixed time
an appointed day.
39. And it was said to the people, 'will you assemble'?
40. Haply, we may follow these magicians if they over come.
41. Then when the magicians came, they said to Firawn, 'will we get
some wage if we over come?
42. Firawn said, 'yes, and at that time you will be our near ones.
43. Musa said to them, 'Cast you down what you have to cast'.
44. Therefore they cast down their ropes and staffs and said, 'By
Firawn's honour, undoubtedly, we are the winners.
45. Then Musa cast his staff, henceforth it began to swallow their
46. Now they fell down prostrated.
47. The magician said, 'We believed in the Lord of the Worlds.
48. Who is the Lord of Musa and Haroon.
49. Firawn said, 'have you believed in him before I give you leave?
Undoubtedly, he is your big one who taught you magic; now you are to
know, I swear, undoubtedly I shall cut off your hands and your feets
alternate sides, and shall crucify you all.
50. They said, 'there is no harm, we are to return to our Lord.'
51. We are greedy that our Lord may forgive our sins, since we have
52. And we revealed to Musa travel by night with My bondmen,
undoubtedly, you are to be followed.
53. Now Firawn sent collectors in the cities.
54. That these are a small party.
55. And indeed, they are enraging us.
56. And undoubtedly, we are all vigilant.
57. Therefore, We turned them out from gardens and springs.
58. And treasurers and fine abodes.
59. We did thus. And made their heirs to the children's of Israel.
60. Then the people of Firawn followed them at the sunrise.
61. Then when the two groups saw each other, the people of Musa
'they have over taken us'.
62. Musa said, 'not so, undoubtedly my Lord is with me, He guided me
63, Then We revealed to Musa, strike with your staff the sea, hence
sea was parted, and every part was like a big mountain.
64. And We brought others nearer to that place.
65. And We saved Musa and all those with him.
66. Then We drowned the others.
67. Undoubtedly in it necessarily, is a sign.
68. And most of them were not Muslim. And undoubtedly your Lord, He
the Mighty, Merciful.
69. Recite to them the news of Ibrahim.
70. When he said to his father and his people, 'what do you worships
71. They said, We worship idols, then we remain sitting devoted
72. He said, 'do they hear you' when you call?
73. Or do you any good or harm you?
74. They said, 'Nay we found our fathers doing so'.
75. He said, 'do you then see. What you worship'?
76. You end your forefathers.
77. Undoubtedly they are all enemies to me but the Lord of the
78. He Who created me, therefor He will guide me.
79. And He who feeds me and gives me to drink.
80. And when I am ill, it is He who heals me.
81. And He who will cause me to die, then will make me alive.
82. And He Who, I long will forgive my sins on the Day of Requital.
83. O my Lord! Bestow wisdom on me and join me with those who are
of Your proximity.
84. And give me a true reputation among the later generations.
85. And make me among those who are the heirs of gardens of comfort.
86. And forgive my father, undoubtedly he has gone astray.
87. And disgrace me not the day when all shall be raised.
88. The day when neither wealth nor sons shall avail.
89. But he who comes before Allah with a sound heart.
90. And the Heaven shall be brought near to the dutiful.
91. And the Hell shall be made apparent to those who have gone
92. And it will be said to them. Where are those whom you used to
93. Beside Allah? Will they help you or will retrieve themselves?
94. Then they were thrown in the Hell, they and those who have gone
95. And the army of the devil all together.
96. They shall say while they will be disputing therein themselves,
97. By God, undoubtedly, we were in manifest error.
98. When we made you equal with the Lord of the worlds.
99. And none led us astray but the culprits.
100. Then we have no intercessor now.
101. Nor any sympathising friend.
102. Then anyhow we might return again so that we would have been
103. Undoubtedly in it necessarily there is a sign, but most of them
were not believers.
104. And undoubtedly, your Lord. He is the Mighty, the Merciful.
105. The people of Nuh belied the Messengers.
106. When their compatriot Nuh said to them, 'Do you not fear?
107. Undoubtedly, I am a Messenger trusted for you.
108. Therefore, fear Allah and obey me.
109. And I ask of you no wage for this; my wage is only upon Him who
the Lord of the worlds.
110. Therefore fear Allah and obey me.
111. They said, 'shall we believe you while the mean persons have
112. He said, 'what knowledge have I of what are their deed?
113. Their account is only upon my Lord, if you have sense.
114. And I am not to drive away the Muslims.
115. I am not but a plain warner.
116. They said 'O Nuh! You will not desist, then, necessarily, you
117. He said, 'O my Lord, my people have belied me'.
118. Therefore decide completely between them and me and believe me
those of Muslims with me.
119. Then We saved him and those with him in a laden ark.
120. Then afterwards We drowned the rest.
121. No doubt, in it there is necessarily a sign, and most of them
122. And undoubtedly, your Lord He is the Mighty, the Merciful.
123. Aad belied the Messengers.
124. When their compatriot Hud said to them, 'do you not fear'?
125. Undoubtedly, I am a trusted Messenger of Allah for you.
126. 'Therefore fear Allah and obey me'.
127. And I ask you no wage for it. My wage is only upon Him Who is
Lord of the worlds.
128. Do you build a sign on every height to laugh at the wayfarers?
129. And you erect strong palaces that perhaps you will live
130. And when you lay hands on any one you lay hands tyrannically.
131. Therefore fear Allah and obey me.
132. And fear Him Who helped you with those things, which are known,
133. He helped you with cattle and sons.
134. And gardens and springs.
135. Undoubtedly, I am afraid of coming on you the torment of a
136. They said, 'it is equal to us whether you admonish us or be not
137. This is not but the same habits of the ancients.
138. And we are not to be tormented.
139. Then they belied him, therefore We destroyed them. Undoubtedly
it, there is necessarily a sign; but most of them were not Muslims.
140. And undoubtedly, your Lord He is the Mighty, the Merciful.
141. The people of Lut belied the Messengers.
142. When their compatriot Lut said, 'do you not fear?'
143. Undoubtedly, I am a trusted Messenger of Allah for you.
144. Therefore fear Allah and obey me.
145. I ask you no wage for it, my wage is only upon Him Who is the
of the worlds.
146. Will you be left secure amid the good things of here?
147. In gardens and springs.
148. And cornfields and palm trees whose blossoms are soft tender.
149. And hew out houses in the mountains skillfully.
150. Therefore fear Allah and obey me.
151. And follow not the bidding of those who exceed the limits.
152. Who spread disorder in the earth and reform not.
153. They said, 'you have indeed been be-witched.
154. You are indeed a man like us, therefore bring any sign, if you
155. He said, this is a she camel, a day of drinking is for her and
fixed day of drinking is for you.
156. And touch her not with evil, lest the torment of a great day
157. But they hamstrung her, then they remained repenting in the
158. Therefore, the torment overtook them.
159. And undoubtedly, your Lord - He is the Mighty, the Merciful.
160. The people of Lut belied the Messengers.
161. When their compatriot Lut said to them, 'do you not fear'.
162. Undoubtedly, I am a trusted Messenger of Allah for you.
163. Therefore fear Allah and obey me.
164. I ask you no wage for it, my wage is only upon Him Who is the
of the worlds.
165. Do you commit unnatural offence with males from among the
166. And leave your wives whom your Lord has created for you? Nay,
you are a people exceeding the limit.
167. They said, O Lut', if you desist not, then you shall
be expelled out.
168. He said, 'I am disgusted of your doings.
169. O my Lord! save me and my family from their doings.
170. Therefore, We delivered him and all his family member.
171. But an old woman who stayed behind.
172. Then We destroyed the others.
173. And We rained upon them a rain, therefore what an evil rain it
for those who were warned.
174. Undoubtedly, in it necessarily, there is a sign. But most of
were not Muslims.
175. And undoubtedly, your Lord-He is the Mighty, the Merciful.
176. The people of the forest belied the Messengers.
177. When Shoaib said to them, 'do you not fear?
178. Undoubtedly, I am a trusted Messenger of Allah for you.
179. Therefore fear Allah and obey me.
180. And I ask you no wage for it, my wage is only upon Him Who is
of the worlds.
181. Fulfil the measure and be not of those who give less.
182. And weigh with a straight balance.
183. And give not the things of the people decreasing, and wander
in the earth spreading mischief.
184. And fear Him Who created you and the earlier people.
185. They said, 'you are being be-witched.
186. You are not, but a man like us, and undoubtedly, we consider
187. Therefore, cause to fall upon us a fragment of the sky, if you
188. He said, My Lord knows well what are your doings.
189. Then they belied him, therefore, the torment of the day of
overtook them. Undoubtedly, it was a torment of a great day.
190. Undoubtedly, in it, there is necessarily a sign, and most of
were not Muslims.
191. And undoubtedly, your Lord-He is the Mighty, the Merciful.
192. And undoubtedly, the Lord of the worlds has sent down this
193. The Trusted spirit has descended with it.
194. On your heart that you may warn.
195. In bright Arabic language.
196. And undoubtedly, its discussion is on the former Books.
197. And was it not a sign for them, that the learned ones of the
children of Israel know this prophet?
198. And if We had sent it down to any of the non-Arabs.
199. And he had recited it to them, even then, they would not have
200. Thus, We have caused it to enter into the hearts of the
201. They will not believe in it until they see the painful torment.
202. Then it will come to them all of a sudden and they will not
203. Then they will say, 'shall we be respited?
204. Do they then wish to hasten Our torment?
205. Well see then, if We allow them to carry on for some years.
206. Then there comes to them that with which they are promised.
207. What they will gain only that they enjoyed.
208. And We destroyed not any town but it had its warners.
209. For admonition and We oppress not.
210. And this Quran has not been brought down by the devils (Satan).
211. And they are not worthy of it, and nor they can do so.
212. They have been indeed removed very far from the place of
213. Therefore, worship you not another god beside Allah lest you
should be tormented.
214. And O beloved', warn your nearest kinsmen.
215. And spread your wing of mercy for your follower Muslims.
216. Then if they disobey you say then, 'I am quit of what you do.
217. And rely upon Him Who is the Mighty, the Merciful.
218. Who sees you when you stand.
219. And your movements among those who offer prayer.
220. Undoubtedly, He is the Hearer, the Knower.
221. Should I tell you on whom the devils (Satan) descend?
222. They descend upon every big slanderer and sinner.
223. The devils cast upon them their own hearings and most of them
224. And the misguided ones follow the poets.
225. Have you not seen, that they wander about in every valley?
226. And they say what they do not act.
227. But those who believed and did good deeds and remembered Allah
much and took revenge after they were opposed. And now the unjust
will soon know as to which side they shall return.