Mecca. 7 Sections. 69 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
2. Are the people proud of this thinking that they will be left
because they say, 'We believe and they will not be tested?
3. And undoubtedly, We tested those before them, therefore Allah
necessarily, see the truthful and will necessarily, see the liars.
4. Or those who do evil deeds have taken it for granted that they
get away from Us. What an evil order they pass.
5. Whosoever hopes to meet Allah, then undoubtedly, the term of
is necessarily to come. And He is the Hearer, the Knower.
6. And whosoever struggles in the way of Allah, then he struggles
his own good. Undoubtedly, Allah is content from the needs of the
7. And those who have believed and have done good deeds, We shall
necessarily, remove their evils, and shall necessarily recompense
for the best work with their doings.
8. We have insisted on man to be kind towards parents. And if they
strive to make you associate with Me of which you have no knowledge,
then obey them not. To Me is your return, then I will inform you,
you used to do.
9. And those who have believed and have done good works, necessarily
shall admit them among the righteous.
10. And there are some persons who say, 'we have believed in Allah,
then when they are meted with any affliction in the way of Allah,
regard the persecution of the people as equal to the torment of
And if help comes from your Lord, then they shall surely say, 'We
with you'. Does Allah not know well what is in the hearts of the
of entire world?
11. And surely Allah will disclose the believers and will surely
disclose the hypocrites.
12. And the infidels said to the Muslims, 'follow our pat hand we
bear your sins'. Whereas they shall not bear anything out of their
sins. Undoubtedly, they are liars.
13. And undoubtedly, they shall surely bear their burdens, and along
with their own burdens, other burdens. And they shall be surely
questioned on the Day of Resurrection concerning that which they
to devise falsely.
14. And undoubtedly, We sent Nuh towards his people, then he stayed
among them for a thousand years less fifty years. Then the Deluge
took them and they were oppressors.
15. Then We saved him and those in the ark, and made the Ark a sign
the entire world.
16. And sent Ibrahim, when he said to his people, 'worship Allah,
fear Him'. There is good for you in it if you would have known.
17. You indeed worship idols besides Allah and you fabricate pure
Undoubtedly, those whom you worship besides Allah have no power to
provide. For you, then seek your provision from Allah and worship
and be grateful to Him. You are to return towards Him.
18. And if you belie, then many of the people have already belied
before you. And the Messenger is not responsible' but to deliver the
19. And have they not seen, how Allah originates creation, then He
reproduce it? Undoubtedly, it is easy for Allah.
20. Say you, 'travel in the earth, then see, how Allah makes first,
then Allah up brings the second growth. Undoubtedly Allah can do
21 He torments whom He pleases and shows mercy whom He pleases, and
are to return only to Him.
22. And neither you can get out of the hold in the earth and nor in
heaven. And neither you have any friend in need and nor any helper,
23. And those who believed not in My signs and meeting with Me, it
they who have no hope of My mercy and for them is the painful
24. Then his people could answer nothing but that they said, 'slay
or burn him, then Allah rescued him from the fire, undoubtedly, in
surely are signs for the believers.
25. And Ibrahim said, 'you have indeed taken besides Allah these
with whom your friendship is within the span of the life of the
Then on the Day of Resurrection you will deny each other and will
each other. And the abode of you all is the Hell and you will have
26. Then Lut believed him. And Ibrahim said, 'I migrate towards my
Lord'. Undoubtedly, only He it is, the Mighty, the Wise.
27. And We bestowed him Ishaq and Yaqoob and We put Prophethood and
Book in his offspring, and We gave him his reward in the world. And
undoubtedly, in the Hereafter, he is among those who are worthy of
28. And delivered Lut when he said to his people, 'undoubtedly you
commit indecency which none among the entire world has done before
29. Do you commit unnatural offence with males and cut off the ways,
and commit evil deeds in your assembly? Then his people's answer was
nothing, but that they said, 'bring upon us the torment of Allah if
30. He submitted, 'O my Lord, help me against these mischievous
31. When Our angels came to Ibrahim with glad tiding, they said, 'We
shall surely destroy the people of this city'. Undoubtedly, its
inhabitants are oppressors'.
32. He said, 'in it indeed is Lut'. The angels said, 'we know well
is in it, we shall surely deliver him and his family but his wife,
is among those who remain behind.
33. And when Our angels came to Lut, their coming became unpleasant
him and on account of them his heart was straitened, but they said,
'fear not and nor grieve, undoubtedly, we shall deliver you and your
family but your wife, she is among those who remain behind'.
34. Undoubtedly, we are going to bring down upon the people of this
city a torment from the heaven (sky), the recompense of their
35. And undoubtedly, We have left remained from it a bright sign for
people who understand.
36. And to Madian, We sent their compatriot Shoaib, then he said, 'O
people, worship Allah, and hope for the Last Day and wander not
spreading mischief in the Land'.
37. Then they belied him, therefore the earthquake over took them,
then in the morning, they remained lying prostrated.
38. And destroyed Aad and Thamud and you have already known their
dwellings, and the devil (Satan) made their work appear fair-seeming
them and kept them back from the path though they could see clearly.
39. And Quaroon, and Firawn and Haman (We destroyed). And
Musa came to them with bright signs, then they showed haughtiness in
the land, and they could not outstrip Us.
40. Then We seized each of them on account of his sin. Then as to
of them We sent the storm of stoning, and as to some of them, a
blast overtook them and as to some of them We buried in the earth
as to some of them, We drowned. And it was not befitting to the
of Allah that He would have oppressed them, yes they themselves
oppressed their souls.
41. The example of those who have made guardians other than Allah is
like the spider. She has made a house of cobweb. And undoubtedly,
frailest of all houses is the house of the spider. What a good thing
would have been if they knew.
42. Allah knows whatever they worship besides Allah. And He it is
Mighty, the Wise.
43. And these examples We narrate to the people, and none understand
them but the learned.
44. Allah has made the heaven and the land with truth. Undoubtedly,
it, there is sign for the Muslims.
PART-21 (Utlomau O hiya)
45. O beloved! Recite the Book that has been revealed to you, and
establish prayer. Undoubtedly, the prayer forbids one from indecency
and evil thing. And no doubt, the remembrance of Allah is the
And Allah knows what you do.
46. And O Muslims! Dispute not with the people of the Book but in a
better manner; except those of them who did wrong and say, 'we have
believed in that which has been sent to us and what has been sent
to you and our God and your God is one and we have submitted before
47. And O beloved! In the same manner, We sent down the Book to you.
Then those whom We gave Book, believe in it and there are some of
persons who also believe in it. And no one denies Our signs but the
48. And you used not to recite any Book before it and nor you used
write anything with your hand, in that case the followers of
would have doubted.
49. Rather it is bright signs in the breasts of those who have been
given knowledge. And none denies Our signs but the unjust.
50. And they said, 'why are not signs were sent down upon them from
Lord'? Say you, 'the signs are with Allah. And I am indeed a clear
51. Does it not suffice them that We have sent down upon you the
that is recited to them? Undoubtedly, in it there is mercy and
admonition for the believers.
52. Say you, 'Allah is sufficient as a witness between you and me.
knows what is in the heavens and in the earth'. And those who
in falsehood and denied Allah, they are the people who are in loss.
53. And they demand you to hasten the torment. And if there had not
been an appointed term, then most certainty the torment would have
upon them. And necessarily, it shall come upon them suddenly, when
shall be unaware.
54. They demand you to hasten the torment and undoubtedly, the Hell
already surrounded the infidels.
55. The day when the torment will cover them from above them and
beneath their feet, and He will say, 'taste what you have done'.
56. O My bondmen! who have believed, no doubt, My Land is spacious,
therefore worship Me only.
57. Every soul is to taste death, then you shall return to Us.
58. And undoubtedly, those who have believed and did good deeds,
certainly We shall lodge them in the lofty apartments of the Heaven
beneath which streams flow, they shall abide therein for ever. What
excellent reward of good doers.
59. Those who have preserved and rely only upon their Lord.
60. And how many there are who move on the earth that they have not
their provisions with them, Allah provides them and you also. He is
Hearing, the Knowing.
61. And if you ask them, who has made the heavens and earth and made
serve the sun and the moon, then they will certainly say, 'Allah',
where are they going perverted?
62. Allah expands provision for whom He will of His bondmen and
straitens for whom He will. Undoubtedly Allah knows everything.
63. And if you ask them, who has sent down water from the heaven and
.there with revived the earth after its death, they shall certainly
say, 'Allah'. Say you, all praises to Allah. Nay! most of them have
64. And this life of the world is nothing but sport and play. And
undoubtedly the home of the Hereafter, necessarily that is the true
life. What a good thing it was if they knew.
65. Then when they embark on boat they call upon Allah having
faith upon Him. But when He brings them safe to the land, henceforth
they begin to associate.
66. That they may be ungrateful to that which We have bestowed on
and they may enjoy themselves, now then they are to know.
67. Have they not seen that We have made the sanctified Land secure
the people around them are snatched away? What! then they believe in
falsehood and are ungrateful to the favour of Allah.
68. And who is more unjust than one who forged lie against Allah or
belies the truth when it comes to him? Is there not an abode of the
infidels in the Hell?
69. And those who struggled in Our path, surely We shall guide them
Our ways. And no doubt, Allah is with the righteous.