Mecca. 6 sections. 60 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Alif Lam Mim.
2. The Romans have been subdued.
3. In the nearby land and after their subjugation they will soon
4. In a few years. The command is of Allah only before and after.
on that day the believers shall rejoice.
5. With the help of Allah, He helps whom He pleases. And He is the
Mighty, the Merciful.
6. This is the promise of Allah, Allah breaks not His promise, but
of the people know not.
7. They know only the outer appearance of the worldly life, and they
are fully unaware of the Hereafter.
8. Have they-not pondered within themselves? Allah has not created
heavens and the earth and whatever is between them but with truth
for an appointed term. And undoubtedly, most of the people are
of the meeting with their Lord.
9. And have they not traveled in the land so that they might see how
was the end of those before them? They were more powerful than
and they tilled the soil and populated it. And their Messengers
to them bright signs. Then it was not befitting to the dignity of
Who would oppress them; yes they used to oppress themselves.
10. Then the end of those who committed evil to their limit was this
that they began to belie the signs of Allah and to mock at them.
11. Allah Creates for the first time then He shall make for the
time, then you shall be returned to Him.
12. And the day when the Hour shall be established the culprits
13. And their associates shall not be their intercessors and they
deny their associates.
14. And the day when the Hour shall be established the day they will
15. Then those who believed and did good deeds, they shall be
entertained in the flowerbed of the garden.
16. And those who became infidels and belied Our signs and the
of the Hereafter, they shall be brought into the torment.
17. Therefore, glorify Allah when you enter the evening and when you
enter the morning.
18. And His is praise in the heavens and in the earth, and at little
before the setting of sun and when you enter the noon.
19. He brings forth the living from the dead and brings forth the
from the living, and gives life to the earth after its death. And in
like manner you shall be brought forth.
20. And of His signs is this that He created you from dust, then
henceforth you are human beings scattered in the world.
21. And of His signs is that He created for you from among
couple that you may find repose in them and He put love and mercy
between you. No doubt, in it are signs for a people who ponder.
22. And of His signs is the creation of heavens and earth, and the
diversity of your tongues and colours. No doubt, in it are signs for
those who hear.
23. And of His signs is your sleeping by night and day and your
of His bounty. No doubt, in it are signs for those who hear.
24. And of His signs is that He shows you lightening frightening you
and making you hopeful and sends down water from the heaven and
life therewith the earth after its death. No doubt, in it are signs
a people of understanding.
25. And of His signs is that the heaven and the earth stand firm by
command. Then when He will call you from the earth, henceforth you
26. And to Him belongs whosoever is in the heavens and the earth.
are under His command.
27. And He it is, Who makes first, then He will make it for the
time, and it should be most easy for Him in your understanding. And
Him is the, most exalted state in the heavens and in the earth and
is the Honorable, the Wise.
28. He narrates for you an example from your own conditions. Are
of your servants the possession of your hand partners in what We
provided for you so that you all become equal therein, you fear them
you fear each other? Thus do We explain the detail signs for a
29. Nay! the unjust followed their own desires without knowledge.
who will guide him whom Allah has led astray. And they have no
30. Therefore, set right your face for the obedience of Allah being
devoted to Him only. The established pattern of Allah upon which He
created mankind. No change in the created things of Allah. This is
only right religion. But most of the people know not.
3l. Turning to Him in repentance and fear Him and establish prayer
be not of the associaters.
32. Of those who have split up their religion and have become many
groups. Every group is happy over what they have.
33. And when any hurt touches mankind, they call their Lord, turning
towards Him, then when He lets them taste mercy from Him,
group of them use to associate partners with their Lord.
34. That they may be ungrateful for what We have given them. So
then, now soon you are to know.
35. Or have We sent down any authority upon them that it is speaking
them as Our associaters?
36. And when We cause mankind to taste of mercy, they rejoice in it.
And if any evil befalls them, the recompense of what their hands
sent forth, hence they despair.
37. Have they not seen that Allah expands the provision for
He pleases, and straitens for whomsoever He pleases? Undoubtedly, in
there are signs for the believers.
38. Therefore, give the kinsman his due and the needy and the
This is better for those who seek the pleasure of Allah and it is
who became prosperous.
39. And whatever you give to take back more that it may increase the
wealth of the givers, then it will not increase with Allah, and
whatever you give as charity desiring Allah's pleasure, then those
two fold increase.
40. Allah is He Who created you then provided for you, then He will
cause you to die, and then He will give you life. Is there any such
your associates who may do any of these things? Glorified and
is He above from what they associate.
41. The mischief has appeared in the land and sea, because of the
earned by the hands of men, so that He may make them taste some of
their doings, that haply they may turn back.
42. Say you, travel in the land and see what was the end of those
before you. Most of them were associators.
43. Therefore, set your face right for the prayer before there comes
day, which is not to be averted from Allah, on that day they shall
44. Whoso commits infidelity, the burden of his disbelief is on him
those who do good, they are preparing for themselves.
45. In order that He may reward those who have believed and have
good deeds out of His grace. Undoubtedly He loves not the infidels.
46. And of His signs is that He sends the winds as bearers of glad
tidings and in order that He may cause you to taste of His mercy and
that the ship may sail with His command and that you seek His grace
that you may be grateful.
47. And undoubtedly, We sent so many Messengers before you, towards
their people and they brought them open signs, then We took
from the culprits. And it is on Our grace binding to help the
48. Allah is He Who sends the winds that lift the clouds, then He
spreads it in the sky as He pleases, and breaks its into fragments,
then you see the rain is pouring from its midst. Then when He causes
to reach on whom He pleases of His bondmen, Lo! they rejoice.
49. Though before it was sent down upon them, they had shattered
50. Look then the effects of the mercy of Allah, how He gives life
the earth after its death, no doubt, He will give life to the dead,
He can do everything.
51. And if We send any wind by which they see their harvest yellow,
then they would certainly thereafter Continue to he ungrateful.
52. Therefore you make not the dead to hear nor you make the deaf to
hear the call when they turn away showing their backs.
53. And nor you guide the blind from their error. You make only
to hear who believe in Our signs and they have already surrendered.
54. Allah is He who made you weak in the beginning, then He gave you
strength after weakness, then after strength caused weakness and old
age. He makes what he likes. He is the Knowing, the Authoritative.
55. And the day when the Hour shall be established, the culprits
swear, that they tarried not but an hour. Thus, they were turned
56. And those who were given knowledge and faith said, 'undoubtedly,
you have tarried according to the writing of Allah, until the Day of
Rising up. This then is Day of Rising up but you did not know.
57. Therefore on that day, their excuses shall not benefit the
oppressors, nor will any one demand them to please Allah.
58. And undoubtedly, We have set in this Quran every kind of
for the people. If you bring them any sign, the infidels would
certainly say then, 'you are not but on falsehood'.
59. Thus does Allah seal the hearts of those who do not know.
60. Therefore have patience undoubtedly, the promise of Allah is
and let not those who have no conviction make you light.