Madina. 9 Sections. 73 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. O prophet! The Communicator of unseen continue fearing Allah and
hear not the infidels and hypocrites. Undoubtedly Allah is Knowing,
2. And continue following that which is being revealed to you from
Lord. Allah is looking your doings.
3. And O beloved! Rely on Allah. And Allah is Sufficient as
Accomplisher of affairs.
4. Allah has not put two hearts inside a man, and nor has made your
those wives whom you pronounce as equal to your mother, your real
mothers and nor has made your adopted sons your real sons. This is
your saying of your own mouth. And Allah says the truth and only He
shows the way.
5. Call them after their fathers, this is more justified in the
of Allah, but if you do not know their fathers, then they are your
brothers in faith and as human being your cousin. And there is no
on you regarding what has been committed by you unintentionally, yes
that is a sin, which you may commit with the intention of your
And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
6. This prophet is the owner of the Muslims even more than their own
selves and his wives are their mothers. And blood relations are
to one another in the Book of Allah than other Muslims and emigrants
but that you do any favour to your friends. This is inscribed in the
7. And O beloved! Remember when We took covenant from the prophets
from you, and from Nuh and Ibrahim and Musa and Isa son of Maryam
We took from them a firm covenant.
8. That He may question the truthful regarding their truth, and He
already prepared painful torment for the infidels.
9. O believers! Remember Allah's favour upon you, when some hosts
against you, then We sent on them strong wind and an army, which you
did not see. And Allah sees your doings.
10. When the infidel's came upon you from above you, and from below
and when eyes drew back in amazement and your hearts reached your
throats and you began to think diverse thoughts about Allah (of
11. That was the place, Muslims were tested and they were shaken
12. And when the hypocrites and those in whose hearts there was a
disease said, 'Allah and His Messenger promised us nothing but a
13. And when a party of them said, 'O people, of Madina, here there
place for your stay, therefore walk back to your houses,' and a
of them asked permission of the prophet, saying our houses are
and they were not unsafe. They wished not but to flee away.
14. And if the armies were entered upon them from the sides of
and they would have asked sedition of them, then necessarily, they
would not have been late in it but a little
15. And undoubtedly, they had already convenanted with Allah before
that, that they would not turn their backs. And the covenant with
shall be questioned of.
16. Say you, 'Flight will never profit you, if you flee from death
slaying, and even then you shall not be allowed to enjoy the world
17. Say you, 'who is he that may evade the command of Allah from
if He wills evil for you or desires mercy for you. And they shall
find for themselves besides Allah any supporter nor helper.
18. Undoubtedly, Allah knows those of you who hinder others from
war and say to their brothers, come to us, and they come not to the
battle but a little.
19. They are niggardly in helping you, then when the time of fear
to them, you will see them that they are looking towards you, their
eyes are rolling as the death, has covered anyone, then when the
of fear has passed away, they began to taunt you with sharp toungs
being greedy of the booty. These people have never believed,
Allah has nullified their works, and this is an easy thing for
20. They are thinking that the armies of the infidels have not yet
gone, and if the armies come again, they would have wished them that
anyhow being out in the village would enquire about your news. If
would have been among you, even then they would not have fought but
21. Undoubtedly, you have the best in the following of the
for him who hopes for Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah
22. And when the Muslims saw the confederates of the infidels said,
'this is what Allah and His Messenger promised us, and Allah and His
Messenger spoke the truth and it increased them nothing but faith
submission to the pleasure of Allah.
23. Among Muslims are men who have made true the covenant they had
with Allah, then there are some of them who have fulfilled their
and some who are still waiting and they are not changed in the
24. That Allah may recompense the truthful ones for their truth and
torment the hypocrites, if He will or He may turn towards them.
Undoubtedly, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
25. And Allah turned back the infidels with their hearts burning,
gained no good, and Allah sufficed the Muslims in the fight and
is Powerful, Honourable.
26. And brought down those of the people of the Book who had helped
them from their fortresses and cast terror in their hearts. You slay
group of them and another you make captive.
27. And We made you to capture their lands and their houses and
wealth and a land on which you have not set foot yet, And Allah is
Potent over every thing.
28. O the Communicator of unseen (prophet) says to your wives, 'If
wish the life of the world and its adornment, then come, I provide
wealth and leave you in a well manner.
29. And if you wish Allah and His Messenger and the home of the
Hereafter then undoubtedly, Allah has kept prepared for the well
among you a great reward.
30. O wives of the prophet! Whosoever of you dares to do against
manifest modesty shall have double torment in comparison to others.
this is easy for Allah.
PART-22 (Wamy yaqnut)
31. And whosoever of you remain obedient to Allah and His Messenger
does good deeds, We shall double her reward in comparison to others
We have kept prepared for her an honourable provision.
32. O wives of the prophet' you are not like other women if you fear
Allah, therefore be not so polite in your speech lest one in whose
heart is a disease should feel tempted, yes, speak good words.
33. And remain stay in your houses and be not unveiled like that of
unveiling of the former days of ignorance, and establish prayer and
the poor-due (Zakat) and obey the commands of Allah and His
Allah only desires O! The members of the family of the prophet! That
may remove from you every uncleanness and purify you well after
cleaning you thoroughly.
34. And remember what is recited in your houses of the signs of
and His wisdom Undoubtedly, Allah knows every subtlety, is Aware
35. Undoubtedly, Muslims men and women, and the be lieving men and
women, and obedient men and women and truthful men and women and
enduring men and women and humble men and women, and almsgiving men
women and fasting men and women, and men and women who guard their
chastity and men and women who remember Allah much, for all of them
Allah has kept prepared forgiveness and great reward.
36. And it is not befitting to a Muslim man or Muslim woman, when
and His Messenger have decreed something that they would have any
choice in their matters, and whoever disobeys Allah and His
he undoubtedly, has strayed away manifestly.
37. And O beloved! Remember when you did say to him whom Allah
a favour and you had bestowed a favour, 'keep your wife with
and fear Allah and you had in your heart what Allah had willed to
disclose and you were afraid of people's taunting remarks; and Allah
has a greater right that you should fear Him. Then when Zaid had
accomplished his purpose with her, We gave her in your marriage, so
that there should be no hindrance upon the Muslims in respect of the
wives of their adopted sons when they have accomplished their
with them. And Allah's order is bound to be fulfilled.
38. There is no hindrance for the prophet regarding that which Allah
has appointed for him. Such has been the practice of Allah among
who have gone before and the command of Allah is the ordained
39. Those who deliver the messages of Allah, fear Him, and fear none
except Allah. And Allah is Sufficient as a Reckoner.
40. Mohammed is not the father of any of your men; yes He is the
Messenger of Allah and the last one among all the prophets. And
knows all things.
41. O believers! Remember Allah much.
42. And glorify Him morning and evening.
43. It is He Who sends blessings on you and His angels too that He
bring you forth from darkness into light. And He is Merciful to the
44. For them, the greeting at the time of their meeting is "Peace",
He has kept prepared for them an honourable reward.
45. O prophet! The Communicator of unseen news, no doubt, We have
you as a present beholder and bearer of glad tiding and a warner.
46. And an inviter towards Allah by His command and a brightening
47. And give glad tidings to the believers that for them is great
bounty of Allah.
48. And do not do for the pleasure of infidels and hypocrites and
overlook their annoyance and put your trust in Allah. And Allah
suffices as an Accomplisher.
49. O believers! When you marry Muslim women, then divorce them
touching them, in that case, you have no period of waiting which you
may count against them, so give some benefit to them and leave them
a noble manner.
50. O Prophet! The Communicator of unseen news, We have made lawful
you those of your wives when you pay dower and the possession of
hand the slave girls whom Allah has given you as the spoils of war,
the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your
paternal aunts and the daughters of your maternal uncles and aunts
have migrated with you, and the believing women if she presents
to the prophet and the prophet desires to marry her, this provision
specially for you and not for the believing men. We know what We
appointed for them concerning their wives and the possession of
hands the slave girls; this specialty is of your so that there may
be any hardship on you. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
51. You may put behind any of them whom you like and may give place
near you any of them whom you like. And if you desire to have any
of those whom you had put aside, there is no blame on you. This is
nearer than that their eyes may be cooled and that they may not
and they all may be pleased with what you have given them. And Allah
knows what is in the hearts of you all. And Allah is knowing,
52. Thereafter other women are not allowed for you and nor you take
other wives in exchange of them though their beauty please you but
slave girl the possession of your hand. And Allah is Watchful over
53. O believers! Enter not the houses of the prophet unless you get
permission, for instance you are invited to a meal, but not in this
manner that you yourself wait for its preparation, yes when you are
invited then enter and when you have taken your meal then disperse,
this that you may sit down and amuse yourselves in talks.
this was causing inconvenience to the Prophet, and he had regard for
you, but Allah is not shy of saying the truth. And when you ask them
anything of use, ask it of them from behind a curtain. In this,
is more purity of your hearts and their hearts. And it does not be
you that you should annoy the Messenger of Allah and nor you should
ever marry his wives after him. Undoubtedly, this is a grievous
in the sight of Allah.
54. Whether you disclose any thing or conceal it, undoubtedly, Allah
knows all things.
55. There is no harm for them in respect of their fathers or their
or their brothers, or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons
the women of their own faith or their maids (slave women) and remain
fearing Allah. Undoubtedly, every thing is in the sight of Allah.
56. Undoubtedly, Allah and His angels send blessings on the prophet
Communicator of unseen news, O you who believe! Send upon him
and salute him fully well in abundance.
57. Undoubtedly, those who annoy Allah and His Messenger, Allah's
is upon them in the world and in the Hereafter and Allah has kept
prepared for them a degrading torment.
58. And those who hurt the believing men and believing women without
doing anything, they have taken over their heads a calumny and an
59. O Prophet! Tell to your wives, and daughters and Muslim women,
they should keep putting a part of their wrapping covers over their
faces. This is nearer than this that if they are recognized, they
should not be annoyed. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
60. If the hypocrites and those in whose hearts there is a disease
those who circulate lies in Madina desist not, We shall surely give
authority over them; then they will not remain with you in Madina
61. Accursed they are wherever they are found they shall be seized,
be slain counting one by one.
62. This has been the practice of Allah regarding those who have
before, and you shall never find a change in the practice of Allah.
63. The people ask you concerning the Hour. Say you, 'its knowledge
with Allah alone, and what you know perhaps the Hour may be near
64. Undoubtedly, Allah has cursed the infidels, and has kept
for them a blazing fire.
65. Wherein they shall abide for ever, they shall find therein no
supporter nor helper.
66. The day when their faces turning up and down will be fried in
Fire, they will say, 'Oh, would that we have obeyed Allah and obeyed
67. And they will say, 'O our Lord! we obeyed our chiefs and our
elders, and they led us astray from the way.'
68. O our Lord! give them double torment of Fire, and curse them
69. O believers! be not like those who have annoyed Musa, then Allah
exonerated him of what he spoke of him. And Musa is honourable in
sight of Allah.
70. O believers! fear Allah and say the right word.
71. He will set right your deeds for you and will forgive you your
sins, And whoso obeys Allah and His Messenger, has got a great
72. Undoubtedly, We offered the Trust to the heavens and the earth
the mountains, but they refused to bear it and were afraid of it,
man bore it. Undoubtedly, he is the bearer of hardship, ignorant.
73. So that Allah may torment hypocrites men, women and idolatrous
and women, and that Allah may accept the repentance of Muslim men
women. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.