Mecca. 6 Sections. 54 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. All praise to Allah, Whose is all belongings whatever is in the
heavens and whatever is in the earth and His is the praise in the
Hereafter. And He is the Wise, the Aware.
2. He knows what goes into the earth and what comes forth from it,
what descends from the heaven and what ascends into it. And He is
Merciful, the Forgiving.
3. And the infidels said, 'the Hour will not come unto us'. Say you,
'why not by my Lord, it will no doubt, come to you.' He knows the
unseen. Not even an atoms weight, any thing in the heavens and in
earth is absent from Him, and nor even anything less than that or
greater, but it is in a perspicuous Record.
4. So that He may recompense those who believed and did good works.
These are for whom there is forgiveness, and an honourable
5. And those who tried to defeat in Our signs for them is the
suffering of the painful torment.
6. And those who have been given knowledge know that what has been
sent down to you from your Lord is the only truth and guides to the
path of All Dignified, All Laudable.
7. The infidels said, 'shall we point you a person who will inform
you that when being torn into pieces you become small particles, you
are then to be made a new.
8. Has he forged a lie against Allah or is he afflicted with
madness? Nay, but those who do not believe in the Hereafter are in
the torment and far-gone error.
9. Have they then not seen what is before them and what is behind
them of the heaven and the earth? If We will We may cause them to
sink in the earth or cause a piece of the sky to fall upon them.
Undoubtedly, in it is a sign for every bondman repentant.
10. And undoubtedly, We gave to Daud a great grace from Us.
O mountains! Turn towards Allah with him and O birds! and We made
the iron soft for him.
11. That make wide coats of mail and keep regard of the measurement
in making, and you all do righteousness, Undoubtedly, I am seeing
12. And to Sulaiman We subjected the wind, its morning stage was of
a month journey and its evening stage was of a month journey and We
made to flow a stream of molten brass for him. And of the Jinns
those who worked before him by the command of his Lord. And those of
them who swerved from Our Commands We shall make them taste the
torment of the blazing fire.
13. They made for him what he desired, lofty palaces and statues and
trough of the size of big tanks and anchored cauldrons. O members of
the family of Daud! Give thanks And there are few in My bondmen that
14. Then when We decreed death for him. We informed not the jinns
about his death but termite of the earth that used to eat his staff.
So when he came down on earth, the reality of the jinns were known
if they had known the unseen, they would not have been in this
15. Undoubtedly, for Saba there was a sign in their own dwelling
place, two gardens in the right and on the left. Eat you of the
provision of your Lord and render thanks to Him. A clean city and a
16. But they turned their faces, We then sent towards them a fierce
flood and We exchanged their two gardens with two other gardens
bearing insipid fruit and tamarisk and a few lote trees.
17. We recompensed them in this way a punishment for their
ungratefulness and whom so We punish only him who is ungrateful.
18. And We set, between them and the cities that We had blessed,
many cities by the way (to be seen) and put them in measured stages.
Travel in them nights and days in security.
19. But they said, O our Lord! Put distance in our journeys and they
wronged themselves, therefore We made them tales and We broke them
into pieces with full confusion. Undoubtedly, in it arc signs for
every enduring grateful person.
20. And undoubtedly, Iblis proved his conjecture true to them, so
they followed him but a party that was Muslim.
21. And there was no control of the devil (Satan) over them but it
was so that We may show him who believes in the Hereafter and who is
of them in doubt. And your Lord is Watchful over all things.
22. Say you, Call upon those whom you have already fancied apart
from Allah, they are not owner even of an atom's weight in the
heavens or in the earth and nor they have any share in either of
them and nor any of them a helper to Allah.
23. And intercession with Him is of no use but for him about whom He
permits, until when after giving permission the bewilderment of
their hearts is removed they say to one another, what is it that
your Lord has said? They say 'whatever He said, said truth,' And He
is the Exalted, The Great.
24. Say you, 'who provides for you from the heavens and the earth'?
Say you, 'Allah and , undoubtedly, either we or you necessarily are
upon the guidance or in open error.'
25. Say you, 'if in your opinion we have committed any crime, you
shall not be asked about, nor we shall be questioned about your
26. Say you, 'Our Lord shall bring us together, then He shall decide
between us with truth.' And He is the great judge, the All Knowing.
27. Say you, 'show me those associates, whom you have joined with
Him, never, Aye He is Allah. The Dignified, the Wise.
28. And O beloved! We sent not you but with Messenger ship
encircling entire mankind, as a bearer of glad tidings and a warner,
but most of the people do not know.
29. And they say, 'when, shall this promise come, if you are
30. Say you, 'for you is the promise of a day from which neither you
can go behind for a single moment nor you can go ahead of it.'
31. And the infidels said, 'We shall never believe, in this Quran
and nor in those books which were before it.' And if you could see
when the unjust will be made to stand before their Lord; they shall
cast back the word one against the other, those who were pressed
will say to those who were swelled with pride, 'if you had not been,
we would surely have believed.'
32. Those who were swelled with pride will say to those who were
pressed, 'Had we prevented you from the guidance after it came to
you, say, nay you were culprits yourselves.'
33. And those who were pressed will say to those who were swelled
with pride, 'Nay! It was your plotting of night and day, when you
used to command us that we should deny Allah and should set up
equals for Him. And they began to repent secretly when they saw the
torment. And We put shackles on the necks of those who were deniers.
What they shall be recompensed, but only for that they used to do.
34. And whenever We sent any warner in any city, the well-off
people, thereof said, 'we deny that with which you have been sent.'
35. And they said, 'we are greater in riches and children, and we
are not to be tormented.'
36. Say you, 'undoubtedly, Lord expands the provision for whom He
pleases, and straitens it for whom He, pleases, but most of mankind
37. And your wealth and your children are not capable of bringing
you near to Us but those who believed and did righteousness have
double reward the recompense of their doings and they are secure in
38. And those who try to defeat in Our signs, they shall be brought
in the torment.
39. Say you, 'undoubtedly, my Lord expands provision for whom He
pleases of His bondmen and straitens for whom He pleases.' And
whatever you spend in the way of Allah, He will recompense you with
more. And He is the best of the providers.'
40. And the day He will raise up all of them, He will then say to
the angels, 'did these men use to worship you?'
41. They shall submit, 'Sanctified are you, You are our friend, not
they, Nay, they used to worship the Jinn, most of them had believed
42. Therefore today none of you shall have power to do good or bad
one another. And We shall say to the oppressors, 'taste the torment
of this Fire which you used to belie.
43. And when Our clean signs are recited to them, they say then,
'this is not but a man who desires to bar you from that your fathers
worshipped'; and say, 'this is not but calumny fabricated.' And the
infidels said about the truth when it came to them, 'this is not but
44. And We gave not them some books, which they studied, nor any
warner came to them before you.
45. And those before them belied, and these reached not even a tenth
of what We had given them, but they belied My Messengers. Then how
was My dis-approval.
46. Say you, 'I give you one admonition that keep you standing for
Allah in twos and singly, then reflect,' there is nothing of madness
in your this companion. He is not but a warner to you before a
47. Say you, 'if I might have asked you some reward against it, then
it is yours.' My reward is only upon Allah, and He is witness over
48. Say you, 'undoubtedly, my Lord casts the truth, the Knower of
all hidden things.'
49. Say you, 'the truth has come and falsehood neither originates
and nor be restored.'
50. Say you, 'if I strayed then I strayed only to my own loss, and
if I have been guided then on account of what my Lord has revealed
to me. Undoubtedly, He Hears, is near.
51. And anyhow you could see, when they shall be put in confusion,
but then they would not go safe and they will be seized from a place
52. And they will say, 'we now believe therein;' and how can they
get back to it from a far off place.
53: That they had already disbelieved in it before; and they hurl
without seeing from a far-off place.
54. And a barrier has been placed between them and that which they
long for, as was done with their former groups. Undoubtedly, they
were in a deceiving doubt.