Mecca. 5 Sections. 45 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. All praise to Allah, the Maker of the heavens and the earth, the
Appointer of the angels as Messengers who have twos, threes and
fours wings. He increases in creation what He pleases. Undoubtedly,
Allah is Potent over every thing.
2. Whatever mercy Allah opens for mankind none there is to withhold
it, and what ever He withholds, none there is to release it
thereafter. And He the only Dignified, the Wise.
3. O mankind! remember the favour of Allah upon you. Is there any
creaser beside Allah who provides for you from the heavens and the
earth? There is no God but He, whither then are you turning back?
4. If they belie you, then no doubt, Messengers have been belied
before you. And all affairs return to Allah.
5. O mankind! Undoubtedly, the promise of Allah is true, let never
then deceive you the life of the world, and let not the great
deceiver deceive you regarding the serenity of Allah.
6. Undoubtedly, the devil is your enemy. He only invites his party
that they be among the companions of the Hell.
7. For the infidels there is severe torment and those who have
believed and have done good works, for them is Forgiveness and great
8. Will he in whose sight his evil work has been adorned so that he
thought, it good, be like him who is guided? Therefore Allah leads
astray whom He please and guides whom He pleases. So let not your
soul be gone away in regrets for them, Allah knows well whatever
9. And Allah is He Who sends the winds that stir up clouds, then We
drive it to a dead land and give life to the earth therewith after
its death. This is the rising up in the Resurrection.
10. Whoever desires honour, then all honours belong to Allah.
Towards Him ascends all pure words, and the righteous work does He
exalt. And those who plot evils, for them is the severe torment. And
the plotting of these only will perish.
11. And Allah created you from dust, then from a sperm drop, then
made you pairs. And no female does not bear, nor she gives birth but
with His knowledge. To whomsoever of long age is given age or the
age of whomsoever is curtailed, all this is in a Book Verily it is
easy for Allah.
12. And both seas are not alike. This is sweat, very sweat a
pleasant water and this the other one is saltish bitter. And from
each you eat fresh meat and take out an ornament to wear, and you
see the boats therein that they cleave the water so that you may
seek His grace and that you be grateful.
13. He brings the night into the day and brings the day into the
night and He has engaged the sun and the moon into services; every
one run upto an appointed time. This is Allah your Lord, His is the
kingdom. And those whom you worship beside Him, own not even the
husk of a date palm
14. If you invoke them they will not listen to your call, and even
if they heard they could not grant your wish. And on the Day of
judgement they will deny your associating. And none will inform you
like the All Aware.
15. O mankind! You are all in need of Allah. And Allah only, He is
all-Independent, All praised.
16. If He please, He may take you away and bring a new creation.
17. And this is not anything difficult for Allah.
18. And no soul bearer of burden will bear the burden of another.
And if any one heavily loaded calls any other to share its load, not
anyone-will bear anything from its burden, even though he may be a
O beloved! Your warning is useful only for those who fear their Lord
with out seeing and establish prayer. And who became purified,
purified himself for his own good. And to Allah is the return.
19. And the blind and seeing are not equal.
20. And nor the darkness and the light.
21. And nor the shadow and the heat of the full sun.
22. And equal are not the living and the dead. Undoubtedly, Allah
causes him to hear whom He pleases; and you are not to make those
who are lying in their graves to hear.
23. You are but a warner.
24. O beloved! undoubtedly, We have sent you with truth as a bearer
of glad tidings and as a warner. And whoever was a group of people
in each of them a warner has already passed away.
25. And if they belie you' then those before you have already
belied, there came to them their Messengers with clear proofs and
with the scriptures and the shining Book.
26. Then I seized the infidels, then how was My abhorrence?
27. Have you not seen that Allah has sent down water from the sky
and then We brought forth there with fruits of different colours.
And in the mountains are streaks white and red of different colours
and some raven black.
28. And men and beasts and cattle in like manner, there are various
colours, Only those of His bondmen who possess knowledge fear Allah.
Undoubtedly, Allah is Dignified, Forgiving.
29. Verily those who recite the Book of Allah and establish prayer
and spend out of what We have given them secretly and openly hope
for a trade in which there is never loss.
30 In order that He may give them their reward in full and give more
out of His bounty. Verily He is Forgiving Appreciating.
31. And the Book We revealed to you is the truth confirming the
Books before it. Verily Allah is Aware of His bondmen and Seeing.
32. Then We made Our selected bondmen as inheritors of the Book,
then of them is he who wrongs himself; and of them is he who takes a
middle course; and of them is he who has gone ahead in goods by
Allah's leave. This is indeed the great grace.
33. In the gardens of inhabitation they will enter, they will be
made to wear in it bracelets of gold and pearls, and their dress
therein is silken.
34. And they will say, 'All praise to Allah Who has removed our
grief. Undoubtedly, our Lord is Forgiving, Appreciating.
35. Who out of His grace has made us alight in a place of comfort,
wherein no trouble reaches us and nor any weariness affects us.
36. And those who committed infidelity, for them is the fire of
Hell, death will not be decreed for them so that they may die and
nor will the torment thereof be lightened for them. Thus do We
punish every ungrateful person.
37. And they will be crying therein, O our Lord! take us out that we
may do good contrary to that we used to do before. And did We not
give you a life in which he who wishes to reflect, reflects? And a
warner had come to you, now therefore taste you, there is no helper
for the unjust.
38. Undoubtedly, Allah is the Knower of every hidden thing of the
heavens and the earth. Verily He knows the thoughts of the hearts.
39. He it is Who made you successors of the formers in the earth.
Therefore He who commits infidelity his infidelity falls on him. And
the infidelity of the infidels will not increase with their Lord but
disgust; and the infidelity of the infidels increase not but loss.
40. Say you, well, tell your those associate gods whom you worship
beside Allah. Show me what portion of the earth they have made, or
have they any partnership in the heavens, or have We given them any
Book so that they are on clear proofs thereof? Nay but the unjust
people promise to each other nothing but delusion.
41. Undoubtedly, Allah has withheld the heavens and the earth lest
they move, if they move who then might withhold them save Allah?
Verily He is All Clement, All Forgiving.
42. And they swore by Allah with the utmost strength of their oaths
that if a warner came to them, they will necessarily then be better
guided than any of the other communities. But when a warner came to
them, it increased in them not but to hate.
43. Swelling their souls high in the earth and evil plotting. And
the evil plotting encompasses only its author. There fore what they
are waiting for but for the same precedents of the ancients. But you
will never find the manner of Allah changing, and will never find
the laws of Allah shifting.
44. Have they not traveled in the earth, so that they might see, how
has been the end of those before them, and they were stronger in
power than these? Allah is not such that any thing in the heavens
and the earth could go out of His control. Verily He is knowing,
45. And if Allah were to seize men for what they do, He would not
leave any moving creature on the back of the earth, but He lets them
loose until an appointed time, and when their promise will come,
then no doubt, all bondmen of Allah are in His sight.