Mecca. 5 Sections. 88 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. By this renowned Quran.
2. Rather the infidels are in pride and schism.
3. How many a generation We destroyed before them, then now they
when there was no time for deliverance.
4. And they were surprised that a warner from among themselves came
them, and the infidels said, 'this is a magician, a great liar'.
5. Has he made one God of many gods? Undoubtedly, this is a strange
6. And the chiefs of them departed saying, 'go away from him and be
steadfast to your gods; undoubtedly, he has some object in this.
7. We have not heard about this even in the latest religion of
Christianity. This is indeed wholly a new invention.
8. Has the Quran been sent upon him from amongst us all? Nay, rather
they are in doubt concerning My Book. Nay, they have not yet tasted
9. Are they treasurers of the mercy of your Lord, the Dignified, and
10. Is the kingdom of the heavens and earth and what is between them
for them? If so let them ascend by hanging ropes.
11. This is a disgraced host from amongst the confederates, which
be made to flee to the same place.
12. Before them, the people of Nuh and Aad and pharaoh (Firawn) the
contriver of stakes have already belied (the Messengers).
13. And Samud and the people of Lut and dwellers of the wood. These
14. There is none among them but belied the Messengers, so My
15. They wait not but of a single roaring cry which no one can turn
16. And they said, 'O our Lord, hasten to us our shares before the
17. Bear you patiently at what they say, and remember Our bondman
a man of blessings; undoubtedly, he is a great penitent.
18. Undoubtedly, We have subjected mountains, that they with him
glorify Allah at evening and sunrise
19. And the birds assembled; all were obedient to him.
20. And We strengthened his kingdom and bestowed him wisdom and
21. Has the tidings of the claimants reached to you when they came
Daud's mosque jumping over the walls?
22. When they entered upon Daud, he became confused on account of
They said, 'fear not, we are two disputants, one has shown high
handedness against the other, therefore decide between us with truth
and be not unjust and guide us to the right path.
23. Undoubtedly, this is my brother, he has ninety-nine ewes and I
one ewe, now he says entrust this one also to me and presses me in
24. Daud said, 'undoubtedly, he is doing injustice in demanding your
ewe to add to his ewes. And certainly, many of the partners show
handedness against each other, but those who believe and do good,
they are very few. Now Daud guessed that We had tested him,
he begged forgiveness of his Lord and fell in prostration and turned
(to Allah). [^] (SAJDA) 10.
25. Then We forgave him that. And verily he has necessarily nearness
Us and an excellent resort.
26. O Daud', Undoubtedly, We have made you a vicegerent in the
therefore order between mankind with truth, and follow not desire,
otherwise it would cause you to go astray from the path of Allah.
Verily, those who go astray from the path of Allah, there is for
severe torment for that they have forgotten the Day of Reckoning.
27. And We have not made the heavens and the earth and what is in
between them in vain. This is the thought of the infidels. There
woe is to the infidels because of the Fire.
28. Shall We make those who have believed and have done good deeds
those who spread mischief in the earth or make the pious ones like
29. This is a Book that We have sent down towards you Blessed, so
they may ponder on its signs and that the men of wisdom may be
30. And We bestowed on Daud, Sulaiman. What a fine bondman! Verily,
was most repenting.
31. When, in the after-noon were presented to him, horses when at
standing on three feet and touching the ground with the tow of
foot, and when they run, they are very swift.
32. Then he said, 'I have loved the love of these horses for the
remembrance of my Lord'. Then he ordered to drive them until they
hidden from his sight behind the veil.
33. Then he ordered that bring them back to me. Then he began to
his hand over their shanks and necks.
34. And undoubtedly, We tested Sulaiman and placed on his throne a
lifeless body, then he turned repented.
35. He said, 'O my Lord' for give me, and bestow me a Kingdom which
not suit to anyone else after me. Undoubtedly, You are the Big
36. Then We subjected the wind to him that it ran by his commandment
softly, wherever he desired.
37. And subjected to him the giants (Satan), every builder and
38. And others bound in fetters.
39. This is Our gift, now you do favour upon whom you like or
there is no reckoning upon you.
40. And undoubtedly, he has necessarily nearness to Us and an
41. And remember Our bondman Ayub. He called his Lord that the devil
(Satan) has touched me with affliction and oppression.
42. We said, 'strike your foot with the ground, here is the cool,
stream for bathing and for drinking.'
43. And We bestowed him his family and others like them in addition
them as a mercy from Us and as admonition to the people of
44. And We said, 'take in your hand a broom of dry grass and strike
there with and break not your oath. Undoubtedly, We found him
steadfast, What an excellent bondman was he? Verily he is of
45. And remember Our bondmen Ibrahim, Ishaq, and Yaqoob the men of
authority and knowledge.
46. Verily, We distinguished them with a distinct speech that is the
remembrance of that abode (Hereafter)
47. And undoubtedly, they are in Our sight chosen and favorites.
48. And remember Ismail, Al-Yasa, and Zulkifl. They are all
49. This is an admonition. And undoubtedly, the resort of pious ones
50. Gardens of perpetual abode, the doors of which are open for
51. Reclining therein on cushions, therein they ask for plenty of
fruits and drink.
52. And they have such wives with them that they look not towards
others save their husbands, Companions of equal age.
53. This is what you are promised for the Day of Reckoning.
54. Undoubtedly, this is Our provision which will never be
55. This is for them (believers). But undoubtedly, for the
is the evil resort.
56. Hell, that they shall enter it what is an evil couch.
57. This is for them, therefore let them taste it, boiling water and
58. And other couples of torments of the same nature.
59. They will be told, 'this is a troop of yours rushing in along
you'. They will say, let them not get any open place'. They are
to enter the Fire, let them remain there too in a strained place.'
60. The followers said, 'nay! Rather you should not get an open
You brought this distress to us'. Therefore what an evil destination
61 They said, 'O our Lord, whoso brought this distress to us,
him in torment two fold in the Fire.
62. They said, 'what has happened to us that we see not the men whom
used to count among evil ones'.
63. Did we treat them in ridicule or our eyes are turned away from
64. Undoubtedly, it is necessarily a truth, the disputing together
the people of the Fire.
65. Say you, 'I am only a warner, and there is no god but Allah, the
One All Dominant'.
66. 'The Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is in
the Dignified, the Great Forgiver'.
67. Say you, 'that is a supreme news'.
68. You are negligent of it.
69. What knowledge I had about heavenly world, when they disputed.
70. I am only revealed that I am not but a manifest warner.
71. When your Lord said to the angels, I shall make man from the
72. And so when I have fashioned him perfectly, and have breathed
him of My spirit, then fall you down prostrating for him.
73. There fore angles fell down prostrate, all of them together.
74: But Iblis He waxed proud, he was among the infidels.
75. Allah said, O lblis', 'what hindered you from falling prostrate
before that which I made with My own hands? Have you been proud or
were indeed among haughty ones?
76. He said, 'I am better than him, You have made me of fire and
created him of clay'.
77. Allah said, 'get you out from the heaven, for you are rejected'.
78. And undoubtedly, My curse is on you till the Day of Judgement.
79. He said, 'O my Lord, if it is so then grant me respite till the
when they are raised'.
80. Allah said, 'certainly, you are of those that are granted
81. 'Till the day of the known time'.
82. He said, 'By Your Dignity I shall necessarily, beguile them
83. 'But those among them who are Your chosen bondmen'.
84. Allah said, 'then the truth is this, and I speak the truth.
85. Undoubtedly, I shall necessarily fill Hell with you of those who
will follow you all together.
86. Say you, 'I ask of you no wage for this Quran nor I am of those
87. That is not but an admonition to the entire world.
88. And you shall surely know its news after a time.