Mecca. 8 Sections. 75 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. The sending down of the Book is from Allah the Dignified, the
2, Undoubtedly, We have sent down this Book to you with truth,
therefore worship Allah being purely His devotee.
3. Yes, the sincere exclusive devotion is to Allah only. And those
have taken for protectors other than Allah say, 'we worship them
so that they may bring us nearer to Allah'. Allah will decide among
them concerning that wherein they are differing. Undoubtedly, Allah
guides not him who is a great ungrateful liar.
4. If Allah had willed to take a son for Himself, He would have
whom He had pleased out of His creation, Sanctity is to Him. He is
Allah the one All Dominant.
5. He made the heavens and earth with truth. He rolls the night
the day and He rolls the day around the night and He has employed
sun and the moon into service. Each moves to an appointed term. Do
hear? He is the Dignified, the Forgiving
6. He has made you of a single soul then He made its mate from that
sent down for you eight pairs of cattle. He makes you in the wombs
your mothers, first in one pattern then in another, in threefold
darkness. This is Allah your Lord, His is the kingdom. None is to be
worshipped, besides Him, then where are you turning away?
7. If you be ungrateful, then undoubtedly, Allah is independent of
and He likes not the ungratefulness of His bondmen, but if you be
thankful, then He likes it for you. And no soul-bearing burden will
bear the burden of another. Then you are to return to your Lord, and
shall inform you of what you used to do. Surely, He knows the
of the hearts.
8. And when any trouble touches man, he calls upon his Lord leaning
towards Him, then when Allah grants him any favour from Himself, he
forgets what he called for before, and begins to assign peers to
so that he may lead astray from His way. Say you, 'carry on a little
with your infidelity, undoubtedly, you are among the men of the
9 will he who passes the hours of the night in devoted obedience,
prostrating and standing fearing the Hereafter and hoping for the
of His Lord (be like dis-obedient)? Say you, 'Are those who know
to those who know not'? Only those who are endued with understanding
10. Say you. O My Bondmen', who believe, fear your Lord. There is
for those who have done good in this world. And Allah's earth is
spacious. The steadfast shall only be fully rewarded without
11. Say you; 'I have been commanded to worship Allah being purely
12. 'And I have been commanded to submit first'.
13. Say you, 'suppose if I may commit disobedience then I too fear
torment of a great day from my Lord'
14. Say you, 'I worship Allah only being purely His devotee'
15. 'Worship you what you like besides Him'. Say you, 'complete loss
for those who have lost their own souls and their households on the
of Judgement. Yes, 'that is indeed an evident loss'.
16. There are mountains of fire over them and beneath them
With this, Allah warns His bondmen O My bondmen! fear you Me'.
17. And those who saved themselves from worshipping idols and turned
towards Allah in repentance, for them are glad tidings. So give glad
tidings to My those bondmen.
18. Who listen to the word attentively and follow the best thereof.
is they whom Allah has guided and it is they who possess wisdom.
l9. Will he then against whom the sentence of torment is decreed be
equal to those who are delivered? Will you then rescue one deserting
fire from your guidance?
20. But those who fear their Lord, for them are lofty chambers,
over them lofty chambers, beneath which rivers flow. The promise of
Allah, Allah breaks not His promise.
21. Have you not seen that Allah has sent down water from the sky
then made springs in the earth thereof, then He causes to grow
therewith crops of diverse colours, thereafter it dries up and see
that it turns yellow, then He breaks it into small pieces?
in it is a reminder for men of understanding.
22. Will he whose heart Allah has opened for Islam so that he is
light from his Lord be like him who is hard heartened? Woe, then, is
those whose hearts are hardened from the remembrance of Allah. They
in evident error.
23. Allah has sent the best Book that from beginning to the end is
alike (in beauty and fairness), having two fold descriptions
of reward and threat of punishment) at which do shudder the skins of
those who fear their Lord, then their skins and hearts soften
towards the remembrance of God. This is the guidance of Allah He
therewith whom He pleases. And he whom Allah -causes to go astray,
there is none to guide him.
24. Will he, then, who will make his face a shield for the great
torment on the Day of Resurrection be like him who has been
And it will be said to the oppressors, taste your earnings.
25. Those before them belied so torment came upon them whence they
26. Therefore Allah made them taste humiliation in the life of the
world and the torment of the Hereafter is the greatest. What a good
thing it would have been if they knew.
27. And undoubtedly, We have narrated in this Quran all types of
examples for the people in order that they may take heed.
28. The Quran in Arabic language wherein there is no crookedness in
order that they may fear.
29. Allah sets an example, a servant belonging to several rude
and one belonging solely to one master. Are they both equal in
condition? All praise to Allah, but most of them know not.
30. Undoubtedly, you are to die, and they are too to die.
31. Then on the Day of Resurrection you will dispute before your
PART-24 (Faman azlamo)
32. Who is then more unjust than he, who fabricates a lie against
and belies the truth, when it comes to him? Is there not an abode in
the Hell for the infidels?
33. And he who has come with truth and those who confirmed it, they
the God fearing.
34. For them is what they desire with their Lord. This is the reward
35. So that Allah may remove from them the worst that they did and
re-compense them with their reward for the best of their actions
they used to do.
36. Is Allah not sufficient for His bondmen? And they frighten you
those besides Him. And whom Allah lets astray, for him there is no
37. And whom Allah guides, for him there is none to mislead is not
Allah the Honourable, the Master of retribution?
38. And if you ask them who created the heavens and the earth they
then necessarily say, 'Allah'. Say you, 'tell me then that those
you worship besides Allah, if Allah desired any affliction for me
they then remove His affliction? Or if He desires mercy for me,
they withhold His mercy? Say you, 'Allah is enough for me', in Him
trusting one put their trust'.
39. Say you, `O my people', continue acting in your own way, I do my
work, soon you will come to know.
40. On whom comes a torment that will humiliate him and on whom
descends a torment that will abide.
41. Undoubtedly, We have sent down upon you the Book for the
of mankind with truth. Then whosoever got the way, that is for his
good and whoso went astray, he went astray for his own loss. And you
are not responsible for them.
42. Allah takes away the souls at the time of their death and of
who die not, during their sleep, then He withholds that against
He has decreed death and sends back the other till an appointed
Undoubtedly in it are signs for those who reflect.
43. Have they taken some intercessors besides Allah? Say you, what!
'Even though they own nothing, nor they do understand'.
44. Say you; 'all intercession belongs to Allah'. 'For Him is the
Kingdom of the heavens and the earth, then you are to return to
45. And when Allah alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who
not in the Hereafter shrink, and when those besides Him are
henceforth they rejoice.
46. Submit you, O! Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth,
knower of the hidden and the open, You alone will decide between
your bondmen concerning that in which they used to differ.
47. If the wrongdoers had all that is in the earth and the like
thereof in addition to it, they would have offered all of it as
ransom from the evil torment on the Day of Judgement. But there
appeared to them from Allah that which they never thought of.
48. And their own earned evils became apparent to them and they were
encircled by that which they used to mock at.
49. And when any trouble touches man, he calls on Us, then when We
grant him any favour from Us, he says, 'I have got it because of a
certain knowledge.' Nay! It is only a trial, but most of them know
50. So have said those who were before them, but all that they had
earned did not avail them.
51. So the evils of their earnings overtook them, and those who are
unjust among them, they too shall be over taken by the evils of
their earnings and they can not go out of control.
52. Do they not know that Allah enlarges the provision for
whomsoever He likes and restricts it for whomsoever He likes?
Undoubtedly, in it are signs for the believers.
53. Say you, 'O My bondmen who have committed excesses against their
own souls 'despair not of the mercy of Allah' Undoubtedly, Allah
forgives all sins, Verily He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
54. And turn towards your Lord and submit yourselves to Him, before
there comes to you the torment and then you may not be helped.
55. And follow the best, which has been sent to you from your Lord,
before the torment overtakes you suddenly when you know not.
56. Lest a soul should say, 'Ah-alas'. on the errors which I
committed regarding Allah, and undoubtedly I used to scoff.'
57. Or it should say, had Allah guided me I would have been among
those who are fearful.
58. Or it should say, 'when it sees the torment, had there been a
return for me I would have been doing good'.
59. Yes, why not, undoubtedly, My signs came to you but you belied
then and waxed proud and you were infidel.
60. And on the day of Judgement, you will see those who fabricated
lie against Allah that their faces are black. Is there not in Hell
an abode for the proud?
61. And Allah will save them who fear Him to their place of
deliverance. Torment shall not touch them nor shall they grieve.
62. Allah is the Creator of every thing and He has authority over
63. For Him is the keys of the heavens and the earth. And those who
rejected the signs of Allah, they are the people who are in loss.
64. Say, you, 'Do you then say to me to worship other than Allah. O!
65. And undoubtedly, it has been revealed to you, and to those
before you that O listeners! if you associate other gods with Allah,
then surely, your all actions shall go vain and you shall
necessarily remain in loss.
66. Nay, but worship Allah and be among the gratefuls.
67. And "they esteemed not Allah as was due to Him and He will roll
up the. Entire earth on the Day of Judgement and all the heavens
shall be rolled up by His Authority. And He is Sanctified and
Exalted from their association.
68. And the Trumpet shall be blown, and then whoever is in the
heavens and whoever is in the earth will swoon but whom Allah wills,
then it shall be blown for the second time, henceforth they shall
stand looking on.
69. And the earth shall glitter with the light of her Lord and the
Book will be laid and the Prophets shall be brought and witnesses
too, (this prophet and his followers will be witnesses against them)
and true judgement will be given between them and they shall not be
70. And every soul shall be paid in full for their doings and He
knows well what they used to do.
71. The infidels shall be driven towards Hell in troops. Until when
they shall reach to it, its gates will be opened and its warder will
say to them, 'Did not come to you from amongst you the Messengers
who recited to you verses of your Lord and warned you of the meeting
of this Day of yours'? They will say, 'Why not', but the words of
torment has been justified on the infidels.
72. It shall be said to them, 'Enter the gates of Hell to abide
therein, what is an evil destination of the proud.
73. And those who feared their Lord, their carriages shall be
escorted to Heaven in troops. Until when they shall reach there, and
its gates shall be opened and it warders will say to them, 'peace be
upon you', excellent were you, so enter the paradise to abide for
74. And they will say, 'all praise to Allah Who has made good His
promise to us, and made us inherit this land, so that we' may dwell
in the paradise wherever we please, what is an excellent reward of
75. And you will see the angels surrounding the Throne on all sides
sanctifying their 'Lord with His praise, and true judgement will be
pronounced between them and it will be said, 'All praise to Allah,
the Lord of the entire world.