SURAH HA MIM-SAJDAH
Mecca. 6 Sections. 54 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
2. This is a sending down from the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
3. This is a Book whose verses have been fully explained, an Arabic
Quran for a people of understanding.
4. Bearing glad tidings and warning. But most of them turned away
faces and listen not.
5. And they said, 'Our hearts are in covers from that to which you
invite us and in our ears are plugs and between us and you there is
curtain, therefore you do your work and we are doing ours.
6. Say you, 'In being a human being I am indeed like you, it is
revealed to me that your God is one God, so be straight before Him
beg forgiveness from Him. And woe be to the associators.
7. Who do not pay poor due (Zakat) and they deny the Hereafter.
8. Undoubtedly, those who believe and do good works, there is for
9. Say you, 'Do you indeed disbelieve in Him who made the earth in
days? And do you set up equals to Him' That is the Lord of the
10. And He placed therein anchors of mountains rising above it and
blessings therein and ordained therein provisions for its
all this in four days, complete this for the enquirers.
11. Then He turned towards the heaven and it was a smoke. Then He
to it and to the earth, 'come both of you willingly or unwillingly.
They both submitted,' we have come willingly.'
12. Then He completed them as seven heavens in two days and He sent
each heaven the commands of its own function. And We adorned the
heaven with lamps and for protection. This is the decree of the
Honourable. The All Knowing.
13. But if they turn their faces then say you, 'I warn, you of a
thunderbolt like the thunderbolt, which overtook Aad and Thamud.'
14. When Messengers came to them from before them and behind them
saying, 'worship none but Allah'. They said, 'had our Lord so
He would have sent down angels, so we disbelieve in what you have
15. And as to those who were Aad, they waxed proud in the earth
right and said, 'who is mightier in strength than us'. Did they not
know that Allah who created them is mightier than they in strength?
they continued to deny Our signs.
16. We therefore sent upon them a furious cold wind in the days of
their misfortune so that We make them taste the torment of
in the life of the world. And undoubtedly, there is great
in the torment of the Hereafter and they shall not be helped.
17. And As For Thamud, We guided them but they preferred blindness
the guidance, therefore the thunder of a humiliating torment
them, the punishment of their doings.
18. And We saved those who believed and used to fear.
19. And on the day when the enemies of Allah shall be driven towards
the Fire, then those who will come first shall be stopped till those
coming next should meet them.
20. Till when they will reach there, their ears and their eyes and
their faces will bear witness against their doings.
21. And they will say to their skins, 'Why did you bear witness
us? They will say, 'Allah made us to speak, He who bestowed speaking
power to every thing and He created you the first time and towards
you are to return.
22. And where you would have gone hiding yourselves from Him lest
ears and your eyes and your skins should bear witness against you,
you had already taken it for granted that Allah knows not much of
23. This is your conception, which you formed for your Lord, and it
ruined you, so now you are amongst the losers.
24. Then if they endure, the fire is their destination. And they beg
please Allah, then none would accept their pleasing.
25. And We appoint for them some companions, who made to appear fair
seeming to them what is before them and what behind them, and the
sentence was justified against them along with those groups that had
already gone before them from amongst the jinn and mankind.
Undoubtedly, they were losers.
26. And the infidels said, 'listen not to this Quran and make absurd
noise therein, haply you may over come.
27. Therefore, most certainly We shall necessarily make the infidels
taste a severe torment. And undoubtedly, We shall recompense them
the worst of their deeds.
28. This is the recompense of the enemies of Allah, the Fire wherein
they are to abide forever' as the punishment for that they used to
29. And the infidels said, 'O Our Lord', show us those who misled us
both Jinn and men, that we may put them under our feet, so that they
may remain among the lowest
30. Undoubtedly, those who said, 'our. Lord is Allah then remain
on it, the angels descend upon them, saying, 'fear not, nor grieve
be glad with the paradise which you were promised.
31. We are your friends in the life of this world and in the
And for you therein is that which your soul may desire, and for you
therein is that which you may ask for.
32. An entertainment from the Forgiving, the Merciful.
33. And who is better in speech than him who invites towards Allah
does righteousness and says, 'I am muslim'.
34. And good and evil will not be equal O listener,' repel the evil
with good, then he between whom and you there was enmity will become
though he was your warm friend.
35. And this wealth is granted not but to those who are steadfast
it is granted not but to the owner of great fortune.
36. If any provocation of the devil reaches you, then seek refuge in
Allah. Undoubtedly, He is the Hearer, the Knower.
37. And among His signs are the night and the day and the sun and
moon. Prostrate not before the sun nor the moon and prostrate before
Allah Who has created them if you are His bondman.
38. But if they wax proud, then those who are with your Lord
Him night and day and they weary not. [^] (SAJDA) 11.
39. And of His signs is that you see the earth lying worthless, but
when We sent down rain to it, it became fresh and mellow and grew.
Undoubtedly He, Who gave life to it, shall necessarily give life to
dead. No doubt, He can do every thing.
40. Undoubtedly those who seek crooked ways in Our signs are not
from Us. Is he then who shall be thrown in the Fire better or he who
shall come secure on the Day of Resurrection? Do what you please;
undoubtedly He is seeing your work.
41. Undoubtedly, those who denied the reminder when it came to them,
(ask not the condition of their misery) and undoubtedly it is an
42. There is no approach of falsehood to it either from before or
behind it. It is a sending down from One All Wise, All Praised.
43. Nothing will be said to you, but only that which was said to the
Messengers before you. Undoubtedly, your Lord is Forgiving and
of painful torment.
44. And if We had made it a Quran in a foreign tongue, they surely
would have said, Why not its verses have been made clear? What, a
in foreign tongue and the Prophet Arabian. Say you, 'that is a
and a cure for the believers.' And those who believe not, in their
is a plug and to them it is a blindness. They are like those. Who
called from a far off place.
45. And undoubtedly, We bestowed a Book to Musa, but differences
were created there in. And if a word had not gone before from your
Lord, then henceforth the matter would have been decided between
them. And undoubtedly, they are surely in a confusing doubt about
46. Whoso does righteousness it is for his own good and whoso does
evil, it is for his own bad. And your Lord is not at all unjust to
PART-24 (Elayhi uraddo)
47. The knowledge of the Hour is referred to Him alone. And no fruit
comes forth from its sheath, and neither any female bears and nor
brings forth but with His knowledge. And the day when He will call
them, "Where are My associates"? They will say, 'We have already
proclaimed to you that there is no witness among us.
48. And those, whom they used to worship before, were lost from them
and they have known for certain that they have no place of escape.
49. Man tires not of praying for good and if any evil touches him
then he loses hope, becoming desperate.
50. And if We make him taste of mercy from Us after the affliction
that had touched him, then he will say, 'this is my own, and in my
opinion the Hour will not come'. And even if I be returned to my
Lord, necessarily, for me there is good with Him. Then surely We
shall tell the infidels all that whatever they did, and We shall
certainly make them taste severe torment.
51. And when We bestow favour on man, he turns his face and
withdraws towards himself and when evil touches him then he is of
52. Say you, 'well tell you if this Quran is from Allah and yet you
reject it, who is then more astray than one who is in a far off
53. Soon, We shall show them Our signs in the entire world and in
their own selves, till it becomes clear to them that it is the
truth. Is it not sufficient that your Lord is witness over all
54. Listen, they are surely in doubt concerning the meeting with
their Lord, Hearken! He encompasses everything.