Mecca. 5 Sections. 53 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
3. Likewise reveals to you and to those before you, Allah the
Honourable. The Wise.
4. For Him is whatever is in the heaven and whatever is in the
And He is the Exalted, the Grand.
5. It is well night that the heavens may rend from above themselves
the angels sanctify their Lord with His praise and beg forgiveness
the people of earth. Hearken, Allah, He is the Forgiver, the
6. And those who have taken others as patrons beside Allah, they are
under the sight of Allah and you are not responsible for them.
7. And likewise We revealed to you a Quran in Arabic so that you may
warn thereby the mother of all towns the Meccans and those who live
around it and you may warn them of a Day of Assembly wherein there
no doubt. A party is in the paradise and a party is in the Hell.
8. And had Allah willed He would have made them a people of one
but Allah admits into His mercy whomsoever He pleases. And as for
unjust, they have neither any friend nor any helper.
9. Have they taken others as patrons beside Allah? But it is Allah,
is the Patron and He will give life to the dead and He can do every
10. In whatever you differ, the decision thereof is with Allah. This
Allah, my Lord, in Him I put my trust-and I turn towards Him.
11. The Maker of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you
of your own selves and male and female cattle, whereby He spreads
race. Nothing is Like Him, and He is the All-Hearing, All-seeing.
12. For Him are the keys of the Heavens and the earth. He expands
provision for whomsoever He pleases and straitens too. Undoubtedly.
13. He has directed you to the religion, which He enjoined upon Nuh
that which We revealed to you and that which We enjoined upon
Musa and Isa saying, "set the religion right and cause not
therein. Very hard upon the polytheists is that to which you call
And Allah chooses for His nearness whomsoever He pleases and guides
Himself him who turns towards Him.
14. And they caused not dissension but after the knowledge had come
them on account of mutual jealousy. And had not a saying of your
gone forth for an appointed term, the matter. Would have been surely
decided among them long ago. And undoubtedly, those who have
the Book after them are in a deceitful doubt regarding it.
15. For this then, call you and remain steadfast as you have been
commanded and follow not their desires and say, "I believe in
Book Allah has sent down and I have been commanded that I may do
justice between you. Allah is our Lord and the Lord of you all. For
are our deeds and for you are your deeds. There is no argument
us and you. Allah will gather us together, and towards Him is the
16. And those who dispute concerning Allah after that the muslims
already accepted His Call, their argument is purely unstable in the
sight of Allah and upon them is the wrath and for them is the severe
17. Allah is Who has sent down the Book with the truth and the
of justice. And what shall make you know that perhaps the Hour may
18. Those who believe not therein seek to hasten it, and those who
believe therein are fearing of it and know that undoubtedly, it is
truth, Beware! Verily, those who are in doubt concerning the Hour
indeed in a far-off error.
19. Allah is Gentle towards His bondmen. He provides for whomsoever
pleases, and He is the Powerful. Honourable.
20. Whosoever desires till age of the Hereafter. We give an increase
his till age, and whosoever desires the till age of the world, We
give him somewhat thereof and in the Hereafter he shall have no
21. Or for them there are some associates who have made for them a
religion that for which Allah has given no leave. And had there not
been the promise of a decision, it would have been decided between
here. And undoubtedly, for the unjust people is a painful torment.
22. You shall see the wrongdoers fearful on account of their
and it is sure to be-fall them. And those who believed and did good
deeds are in the meadows of the Paradise. They shall have with their
Lord whatever they will desire. This is the great grace.
23. This is that of which Allah gives the glad-tidings to His
who believed and did good deeds. Say you, "I ask not of you any wage
for it but affection in respect of kinship". And whoever does a
good-deed, We shall increase to him good in respect thereof.
Undoubtedly, Allah is Forgiving, Appreciating.
24. Or they say, "He has forged a lie against Allah." But if Allah
wills, He may set a seal of His Mercy and safely upon your heart.
Allah wipes out the falsehood and establishes the truth with His
Undoubtedly, He knows what is inside the breasts.
25 And it is He Who accepts the repentance from His bondmen and
overlooks the faults and He knows what you do.
26. And He responds to those who have believed and have done good
and gives them more reward out of His grace. And for the infidels
is a severe torment.
27. And had Allah expanded the provisions of all His bondmen, they
would have necessarily then spread mischief in the earth, but He
down according to a measure as He pleases, undoubtedly, He is Aware
His bond-men, Sees them.
28. And it is He Who sends down rain after they have despaired, and
spreads out His mercy. And He is the Protector, Praiseworthy.
29. And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth
of whatever moving creatures He has spread forth in them. And He has
the power to gather them together when He pleases.
30. And whatever affliction reached you is due to what Your hands
earned; and He pardons much.
31. And you cannot go out of His control in the earth, and you have
against Allah, neither a friend nor a helper.
32. And of His signs are vessels running in the sea like hills.
33. If He pleases, He may cause the wind to become still, so that
stand still on its back. Undoubtedly, therein are signs for every
most patient and grateful.
34. Or He may destroy them on account of the sins of the people and
pardon much of their sins.
35. And those who dispute in Our Signs should know that for them
is no place of escape.
36. And whatever you have been given is only a temporary provision
this living world and that which is with Allah is better and more
lasting for those who have believed and trust their Lord.
37. And those who avoid heinous sins and indecencies and, when they
angry, they forgive.
38. And those who obeyed the command of their Lord and established
prayer and their affairs are decided by mutual consultation and they
spend something out of Our provision in Our way.
39. And those who, when insolence reaches them, take revenge.
40. And the recompense of evil is evil the like of it, but whoso
forgives and puts the things right his reward is with Allah.
Undoubtedly, He loves not the unjust.
41. And undoubtedly, whoso took revenge after being victim of
oppression; there is no way of blame against them.
42. The blame is only against them who oppress mankind and rebel in
earth without right. For them is the painful torment.
43. But whoever indeed preserved and forgave, most certainly, then
these are the affairs of determination.
44. And whomsoever Allah leads astray, he has no friend against
And you will see the oppressors when they will see the torment
Is there anyway to return'
45. And you will see them that they are presented before Fire
on account of disgrace, they see with veiled eyes. And the believers
will say, 'undoubtedly, the losers are those who have lost their
and their families on the Day of Resurrection'. Beware! No doubt,
unjust are in lasting torment.
46. And they have no friend to help them against Allah and
Allah leads astray; there is no way for him.
47. Obey the commands of your Lord before the coming of the Day that
not to be fumed back from Allah. You will have no refuge that day,
you can dare to deny.
48. But if they turn their faces, then We have not sent you as a
guardian over them. There is nothing on you but to convey the (the
Message) And when We give man the taste of any mercy from Us, he
becomes happy over it. But if any evil befalls them because of what
their hands have sent forth, then the man is most ungrateful.
49. For Allah is the Kingdom of the heavens and the earth, He
whatever He likes. He bestows daughters on whomsoever He likes and
bestows sons on whomsoever He likes.
50. Or He mixes both, the sons and the daughters, and He makes
whomsoever He likes barren. Undoubtedly, He is knowing,
51. And it is not fit for any man that Allah should speak to him but
through revelation or that the man may be at the other side of the
of grandeur. Or He may send any angel that he may reveal by His
what He pleases undoubtedly He is High, Wise
52. And likewise We have revealed to you an invigorative thing by
command. You did not know the Book before it nor the details of the
laws of religion, yes, We made it a light whereby We guide such of
bondmen as We please. And undoubtedly, you most certainly guides to
53. The path of Allah, to Whom belongs whatever is in the heavens
whatever is in the earth. Do you listen? All affairs return to Allah