Mecca. 7 Sections. 89 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Ha - Mim.
2. By the Book luminous.
3. We have sent it down an Arabic Quran that you may understand.
4. And undoubtedly, it is in the Mother Book with Us, indeed
full of wisdom.
5. Shall We then turn away the Remembrance from you for that you are
6. And how many a communicator of unseen (a prophet) did We send
the earlier people.
7. And whoever as a communicator of the unseen (a prophet) came to
them, they used to mock at him.
8. Therefore We destroyed those who were stronger in power than
and the example of the earlier peoples has gone before.
9. And if you ask them, "who has made the heavens and the earth"
will necessarily say, "the Esteemed One the All-Knowing made them.
10. He, Who made the earth a bed for you and made pathways therein
you that you, may be guided.
11. And He, Who sent down water from the sky according to an
and We there by give life to a dead city and thus you, will be
12. And who made all the pairs and made for you carriages from boats
13. That you may sit rightly on their backs, and then you remember
favours of your Lord when you are rightly seated thereon and say,
Sanctity is to Him Who has subjected this carriage to us and this
not controllable by our power.
14. And undoubtedly' We are to return to our Lord.
15. And they have appointed for Him a portion of His bondmen.
Undoubtedly, man is clearly ungrateful.
16. Has He taken for Him daughters of His Creations and has chosen
17. And when any of them is given the glad-tidings of that whose
he has already described for the Most Affectionate, his face remains
darkened the entire day and he endures grief.
18. And what! One who is reared in ornaments, and speaks not clearly
19. And they have appointed the angles who are bondmen of the Most
Affectionate, females. Were they present at the time of their
Now their evidence shall be recorded and they shall be questioned.
20. And they said, 'Had the Most Affectionate so willed, we would
have worshipped them? They know nothing about its reality, they are
21. Or have We given any Book to them before this to which they
22. But rather they said, 'We found our forefathers on one religion
we are going on their footsteps'.
23. And likewise when We sent any warner in any city before you, the
affluent thereof said, 'indeed we found our forefathers on one
and we are following their footsteps.
24. The prophet said, 'and what! Even though I may bring to you a
better guidance than you found your fathers upon?' They said, 'we
that you are sent with?'
25. Therefore, We took vengeance upon them. Behold then, how was the
end of the beliers?
26. And when Ibrahim said to his father and his people, 'I am quit
what you worship'?
27. Except Him who created, He will, and me necessarily, guide me
28. And he let the word remain in his posterity that haply they may
29. But rather I gave them and their fathers wordily enjoyments,
there came to them the truth and a Messenger explaining clearly.
30. And when the truth came to them, they said, 'this is a magic,
we are denier of it.'
31. And they said, 'why has not this Quran sent down upon any great
of the two cities'?
32. Do they distribute the mercy of your Lord? We have distributed
their livelihood among them in the life of the world and have raised
some of them over others in degrees, that in between them one may
at the other. And the mercy of your Lord is better than that they
33. And had it not been that all mankind would become of the same
faith, We would have surely made for those who disbelieve in the All
Affectionate, roofs of silver for their houses and stairs whereon
34. And for their houses silver doors and silvers couches upon which
35. And various types of adornments. And all this is, it is only a
provision of the life of this world. And the Here after with your
is for the God-fearing.
36. And whoso blinds himself from the remembrance of the All
Affectionate, We assign to him a devil that he may remain his
37. And undoubtedly, the devil hinders them from the way and they
imagine that they are rightly guided.
38. Until when the infidels will come to Us, he will say to his
Ah! Would there had been between you and me a distance of east and
west! What an evil companion is he,
39. And you shall never be benefited by it today, since you have
wrong that you all are associated in the torment.
40. Will you then make the deaf to hear, or will you guide the blind
and those who are in clear error?
41. And even though We take you away, We shall surely take vengeance
42. Or We show you that We promised them for We have great power.
43. Therefore, hold you fast to that which has been revealed to you.
Undoubtedly, you are on the straight-path.
44. And undoubtedly, it (The Quran) is an eminence for you and for
people, and soon you will be questioned.
45. And ask those of Our Messengers whom We sent before you, 'Did We
appoint some other Gods besides the All-Affectionate to be
46. And undoubtedly, We sent Musa with Our signs to Firawn and his
chiefs, and he said, 'undoubtedly, I am the Messenger of Him Who is
Lord of the entire world.
47. Then when he brought Our signs to them, hence they began to
48. And We showed them no signs but it was greater than its previous
one and We seized them in misery in order that they may desist.
49. And they said, 'O magician! 'pray your Lord for us because of
convenant which is with you, undoubtedly, we shall come to
50. Then when We removed from them the misery henceforth they broke
51. And Firawn proclaimed among his people, 'O my people! Is not the
Kingdom of Egypt for me and these streams that flow beneath me? Do
not then see?
52. Or am I better than this man who is contemptible and seems not
be clear in speech?
53. Why, then, bracelets of gold have been bestowed on him or angels
come along with him that they may remain with him?
54. Then he befooled his people and they obeyed him. Undoubtedly,
were the people disobedient.
55. Then when they did that upon which Our anger came on them, We
vengeance on them and We drowned them all.
56. And We made them a story of the past and an example for the
57. And when the example of the son of Maryam is narrated,
your people begin to laugh thereat.
58. And say 'are our Gods better or he? They said not this to you
for quarreling, Nay, but they are a people quarrel-some.
59. He was not but a bondman whom We favoured and made him a strange
example for the children of Israel.
60. If We wished, We would have peopled angels in the earth in place
61. And undoubtedly, Isa is the news of the Hour, therefore never
about the Hour and follow Me. This is the straight path.
62. And let never the devil hinder you. Undoubtedly, he is your
63. And when Isa brought bright signs, he said, 'I have come to you
with wisdom and in order to make clear to you some of that wherein
differ, therefore fear Allah and obey my command.'
64. Undoubtedly, Allah is my Lord and is your Lord, therefore,
Him. This is the straight path.
65. But the parties differed among themselves. Therefore, woe is to
those who are unjust because of the torment of a painful day.
66. What they are waiting for, but for the Hour that it should come
upon them of a sudden while they know not?
67. Fast friends shall be foes to one another on that day but the
68. It will be said to them, O My Bondmen! there is no fear for you
this day nor shall you grieve.
69. Those who believed in Our signs and were Muslims.
70. Enter you the Paradise, you and your wives joyfully and
71. There shall be passed around them the cups of gold and goblets
therein shall be whatsoever soul desires and eyes delight in, and
therein you shall remain for ever.
72. And this is Paradise to which you have been made heirs because
73. Therein you have abundant fruits that you may eat.
74. Undoubtedly, the culprits are to abide forever in the torment of
75. That shall never be abated from them and they shall remain there
76. And We wronged them nothing, yes, they were themselves unjust.
77. They will call, O master! 'let your Lord finish with us'. He
say, 'you are to stay.'
78. Undoubtedly, We brought you the truth but the truth is offensive
most of you.
79. Have they determined any affair in their opinion, then We are to
determine Our affair?
'80. Do they think that We hear not their secrets and their private
counsels? Yes, why not and Our angels are writing present with them.
81. Say you, 'if worst come to worst there had been a son to the
Affectionate, I would have worshipped first'.
82. Sanctity is to Allah the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the
Lord of the Throne from all those things which they fabricate.
83. So, leave them that they may talk nonsense and play until they
encounter that day of theirs, which they are promised.
84. And He is the God of the people of heaven, and God of the people
earth. And' He is the Wise, the Knowing.
85. And blessed is He for Whom is the Kingdom of the heavens and the
earth and whatever is in between and He has the knowledge of the
and you are to return to Him
86. And those whom they worship beside Allah have no power of
intercession, yes, those who bear witness to the truth and know have
the power of intercession.
87. If you ask them who created them, they will necessarily say,
then whither they are turning away?
88. And by the saying of the Messenger, O My Lord, they do not
89. Therefore overlook them and say, peace: soon they shall l know.