Madina. 4 Sections. 38 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Those who disbelieved and hindered from the path of Allah, Allah
destroyed their deeds.
2. And those who believed and did good works and believed in what
been sent down upon Mohammad, and that is the truth from their Lord,
Allah has removed from them their evils and has made good their
3. This is because that the infidels followed the falsehood and the
believers followed the truth which is from their lord. Thus, Allah
narrates to people their descriptions.
4. Therefore when you encounter the infidels, then there is smiting
the necks, till when you have fully slaughtered, then tie fast, and
afterwards leave them, either by grace or for ransom, till the war
down its burdens. This is so. And had Allah willed, He would have
avenged Himself upon them, but that He may try among you one against
the other. And those who have been killed in the way of Allah, Allah
shall never render their works vain.
5. He will soon guide them and will set right their work.
6. And will make them enter the Paradise that He has made known to
7. O believers! If you will help the religion of Allah, Allah will
you and will make your feet firm.
8. And those who disbelieved, for them is the destruction and Allah
destroys their works.
9. This is because they hated what Allah has sent down, so He has
their works futile.
10. Have they, then not traveled in the land that they may see what
became the end of those who were before them? Allah has cast
destruction upon them and for the infidels there are so many the
11. This is because Allah is the Protector of the muslims and the
infidels have no protector.
12. Undoubtedly, Allah will make those who believed and did good
enter the Gardens underneath which the rivers flow; while the
enjoy and eat as cattle eat, and the Fire is their resort.
13. And how many a city that was stronger in might than this city
has driven you out have We destroyed, and they have no helper.
14. Will he then, who is upon a clear proof from his Lord be like
whose evil deeds have been shown fair to him and they followed their
15. The description of the Paradise promised to the God fearing;
therein are rivers of water which never stales; and rivers of milk
which the taste does not change, and rivers of wine of which the
drinking is delightful; and the rivers of honey purified. And
for them are every kind of fruit, and forgiveness from their Lord.
Shall persons enjoying such comforts be equal to those who are to
in the Fire and are given to drink boiling water so that it may cut
their entrails into pieces?
16. And among them are some who listen to you till when they go
from before you say to the men of learning, 'what he has said just
now?' These are they upon whose hearts Allah has set a seal and they
followed their coprices.
17. And those who have been guided, Allah has added to their
and bestowed them their piety.
18. What they are then waiting for but the Hour that it should come
upon them suddenly? The signs thereof have already come, therefore
it will come to them, then where will they be and where their
19. Know you therefore that there is no worshipping save Allah and O
beloved, ask forgiveness for the sins of your near ones and for
Muslim men and women. And Allah knows Your moving about in the day
your taking rest by night.
20. And the muslims say, 'why not a sure has been sent down? But
any decisive Sura is sent down and therein fighting is ordained, you
will see those in whose hearts is sickness looking at you with a
of one upon whom death has overshadowed but it was better for them.
21. That they would have obeyed and spoken good words. Then when the
order has been finalized, if they were true to Allah, it would have
been better for them.
22. Do you then have the sign that if you get the authority, spread
disorder in the land and sever your ties of Kinship?
23 These are they whom Allah has cursed and made them deaf from the
truth and made their eyes blind.
24. Do they then ponder not over Quran, or there are locks on the
hearts of some of them?
25. Undoubtedly, those who turned away to their backs after the
guidance had become clear to them. The devil seduced them and gave
false hope of long living in the world.
26. That is because they said to those who hate what Allah has sent
down, 'we shall obey you in one matter', and Allah knows their
27. How then shall it be, when the angles will cause them to die,
beating their faces and their backs?
28 That is because they have followed what angers Allah and hated
pleasure, so He has rendered their works vain.
29. Do those on whose hearts there is disease think that Allah will
bring to light their rancour?
30. And if We pleased, We could show them to you so that you should
recognize them by their faces and you shall certainly recognize them
the tone of their speech. And Allah knows your deeds.
31. And We shall certainly test you until We see those among you who
struggle and are steadfast and try your tidings.
32 Undoubtedly, those who committed infidelity and hindered from the
way of Allah and opposed the Messenger after the guidance had become
clear to them, they shall never harm Allah and He will make their
33. O believers! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger and let not your
works go vain.
34. Undoubtedly those who disbelieved and hindered from the way of
Allah and then died as disbelievers, Allah shall never forgive them.
35. So be not slack and call not yourself towards peace for you
overcome and Allah is with you, He will never give you loss in your
36. The wordily life is but a sport and pastime. And if you believe
ward off evil, He will give you your rewards, and will not ask you
37. If He asks them of you and asks more you would be niggardly, and
the niggardliness will bring, to light the malice of your hearts.
38. Look here yes, you are those who are called upon to spend in the
way of Allah, then of you there are some who are niggardly and whoso
niggardly is only niggardly to his soul. And Allah is
And you all are needy. And if you turn your face, He will substitute
for you another people and then they will not be like you.