Madina. 4 Sections. 29 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Undoubtedly, We have granted you a clear victory.
2. That Allah may forgive the sins of your farmers and of your
lathers on account of you and may complete His favours upon you and
may show you straight path.
3. And that Allah may help you with mighty help.
4. He it is Who sent down satisfaction in the hearts of the
believers so that they might add belief to their belief and to Allah
belongs all the hosts of the heavens and the earth. And Allah is
5. So that He may cause the believing men and the believing women to
enter the gardens under neath which flow rivers, to abide therein
and He may remove their evils from them. And this is the great
triumph in the sight of Allah.
6. And that He may torment the hypocrite men and the hypocrite women
and the polytheist men and polytheist women who have evil thoughts
concerning Allah. On them is the evil turn of fortune and Allah is
worth with them, and has cursed them and has prepared Hell for them.
And that is what an evil end.
7. And to Allah belongs all the hosts of the heavens and the earth.
And Allah is Dignified, Wise.
8. Surely, We have sent you as a witness (present and seeing) and a
bearer of glad tiding and a warner.
9. So that O People you may believe in Allah and His Messenger and
pay respect to him and honour him, and that you may glorify Him
morning and evening.
10. Those who swear allegiance to you, swear allegiance to Allah.
The hand of Allah is over their hands; so who-so ever breaks his
oath, he breaks it to his own loss, and whosoever fulfils the
covenant which he had made with Allah, then Allah shall soon give
him a great Reward.
11. Now those desert Arabs who had remained behind will say to you,
'our possessions and our family members kept us busy, therefore now
you ask forgiveness for us?' They say with their tongues that which
is not in their hearts Say you, 'who has any power for you against
Allah, if He desires you harm or if He desires you good.' Nay, Allah
is Aware of your doings'.
12. Nay! But you thought that the messengers and muslims would never
return to their homes, and the same was understood by you fair in
your hearts, and you conceived an evil thought, and you were a
people to be ruined.
13. And whoso believes not in Allah and His Messengers, We have
surely prepared for the infidels a blazing fire.
14. And for Allah only is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth.
He forgives whosoever He pleases and punishes whomsoever He pleases.
And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
15. Now those who lagged behind will say, 'when you go to take the
spoils, let us follow you. They desire to change the words of
Allah'. Say you, 'you shall by no means follow us thus have Allah
said before. Then now they will say, 'nay! But you are jealous of
us. Not so rather, they understood not but a little.
16. Say to the desert Arabs, who lagged behind, 'soon you shall be
summoned to fight against a people of severe fighting that you shall
fight them or they shall become muslims'. Then, if you will obey the
command, Allah will give you a good reward, but if you will turn
away as you turned away before, He will punish you with a painful
17. No straitening there is on the blind and no harm on the lame,
and nor there is penalization on the sick. And whoso obeys Allah and
His Messenger, Allah will admit him into gardens underneath which
streams flow, but whoso will turn away, he will torment him with a
18. Surely, Allah was pleased with the believers when they were
swearing allegiance to you under the tree, and Allah knew what were
in their hearts, so He sent down on them tranquillity and rewarded
them with a near victory.
19. And abundant spoils that they took. And Allah is Dignified,
20. And Allah has promised you abundant spoils that you will take,
and these He had hastened to you and has restrained the hands of the
people from you and that it may be a sign to the believers and that
He may guide you on a straight path.
21. And one more (victory) which was not under your power, that is
in the possession of Allah. And Allah is Potent over every thing.
22. And if the infidels should fight you, they would necessarily
then turn their back from your confrontation; then they would not
find any supporter nor helper.
23. This is the practice of Allah that is being practiced from
before, and you shall never find the practice of Allah changing.
24. And it is He Who has restrained their hands from you and has
restrained your hands from them in the valley of Mecca after He had
given you control over them. And Allah sees your doings.
25. They are those who disbelieved and hindered you from the Sacred
mosque, and the sacrificial animals were detained from reaching
their place of sacrifice. And if it had not been for certain
believing men and some believing women whom you knew not that you
might have trampled them, and there befall you any harm from them
unknowingly, We would have permitted you to fight. This protection
of theirs is for that Allah may admit into His mercy whom He
pleases. If they had been separated, necessarily then We would have
punished the infidels among them with a painful punishment.
26. When the infidels harboured obduracy in their hearts the
obduracy of the days of ignorance then Allah sent down His
tranquillity on His Messenger and on the believers and made
incumbent on them the words of righteousness and they were better
entitled to it and more worthy of it. And Allah knows everything.
27. Undoubtedly, Allah has proved true the true vision of His
messenger. You shall no doubt, will enter the sacred mosque, if
Allah pleases, in security, having their heads Shaven or having
their hair cut short without any fear. But He knew what you knew not
and appointed before that a near victory.
28. It is He Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the
religion of truth that he may make it prevail over all other
religions And Sufficient is Allah as witness.
29. Mohammad is the Messenger of Allah and those with him are hard
against the infidels and tender among themselves you will see them
bowing and prostrating themselves in prayer seeking grace of Allah
and His pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the traces of
prostrations This description of their is in Taurah and their
description is in Enjeel, as a cultivated field which puts forth its
sprout, then strengthened it, then it became thick, then stood
straight upon its stem, it looks pleasant to the cultivators that
through them the hearts of the infidels may burn. Allah has promised
unto those of them who are believers and do good, forgiveness and a