Madina. 2 Sections. 18 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. O believers! Exceed not over Allah and his Messenger and fear
Undoubtedly Allah Hears, Knows
2. O believers! Raise not your voices above the voice of the
Communicator of unseen (the Prophet) and speak not aloud in presence
him as you shout to one another, lest your works become vain while
3. Undoubtedly, those who lower down their voices in the presence of
the messenger of Allah those are they whose hearts Allah has tested
piety. For them is forgiveness and great reward.
4. Undoubtedly, those who call you from behind your private
most of them are stupid.
5. And if they had patience, until you yourself come out to them
had been better for them. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
6. O believers! If any disobedient comes to you with any news make a
strict inquiry lest you may hurt any people improperly then remain
repenting on what you have done.
7. And know that the Messenger of Allah is among you. If he were to
according to your liking in much of the affairs, you would then
be in trouble, but Allah has endeared the faith to you and has
it in your hearts and He has made infidelity, and iniquity and
disobedience hateful to you such persons are on the right course.
8. A grace and favour of Allah. And Allah is Knowing, Wise.
9. And if two groups of the Muslims fight each other, then make
between them, but if one of them commits excessiveness against the
other, then fight the one that has committed excessiveness till it
reverts to the command of Allah. Then if it reverts rectify between
them with justice and do justice. Verily Allah loves the equitable.
10. Muslims are brothers, therefore make peace between the two
and fear Allah that the mercy may be shown to you.
11. O believers! Let not the men scoff at the men, perchance they
be better than those who scoff, and nor the women at other women,
perchance that they may be better than those women who scoff, and do
not taunt one another and nor call one another by nick-names. What a
bad name is, to be called a disobedient after being a Muslim, and
who repent not, they are the unjust.
12. O believers! Avoid most suspicions, verily some suspicion is a
sin and do not look out for faults and do not backbite one another.
Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You
would abominate it. And fear Allah, Verily Allah is Oft Returning,
13. O people! We created you from one man and one woman and made you
branches and tribes that you may recognize one another. Undoubtedly,
the most respected among you in the sight of Allah is he who is more
pious, verily, Allah is knowing, Aware.
14. The villagers said 'we have believed'. Say, you, 'you believed
not, yes, you rather say, we have surrendered', for the belief has
not yet entered in your hearts. But if you shall obey Allah ends His
Messenger, He will not make you to lose anything of your works.
Surely, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
15. The believers are only those who have believed in Allah and His
Messenger and then, have never doubted and have struggled with their
possession and their persons in the way of Allah. It is they who are
16. Say you, 'do you tell Allah your religion? And Allah knows
whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And Allah
17. O beloved (prophet)! They take it as a favour to you that they
have become Muslims. Say you, 'do not place the favour of your Islam
on me; but rather Allah confers a favour upon you in that He has
guided you to Islam, if you are truthful.
18. Undoubtedly, Allah knows the unseen of the heaven and of the
earth, and Allah is seeing your works.