Mecca, 3 Sections, 60 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. By those who scatter by scattering.
2. Then the burden bearers.
3. Then the smooth runners.
4. And then the distributors by command.
5. Undoubtedly, what is promised to you is surely true.
6. And undoubtedly, the justice is sure to be done.
7. By heaven that is adorned (by stars).
8. You are at variance in your talks.
9. He alone is turned away from this Quran who is destined to be
10. Killed be the fabricators.
11. Who are forgetful in intoxication (of ignorance).
12. They ask, 'when will be the day of judgements'.
13. It will be a day when they shall be tried on the fire.
14. And it will be said to them, 'taste your trial'. This is what
15. Surely, the pious are in the gardens and springs.
16. Receiving what their Lord gives them. Surely, they were doers of
good before that.
17. They used to sleep little by night.
18. And in the last part of the night, they used to seek
19. And in their wealth, there was the right of the beggars and the
20. And in the earth are signs for those who are convinced.
21. And in your own selves. Do you not then perceive?
22. And in heaven is your provision, and that you are promised.
23. Therefore, by the Lord of the heavens and the earth, verily this
Quran is the truth in the same language, which you speak.
24. O beloved! (prophet) has the news of the honoured guests of
come to you?
25. When they came to him and said, 'peace', he said, 'peace', they
the persons strangers.
26. Then he went to his house and brought a fatted calf.
27. Then he placed before them. He said, 'do you not eat.
28. Then he began to fear in his heart on account of them, they
'fear not, and gave him glad tidings, of the birth of a son of
29. Then his wife came forward crying and smote her forehead and
'what! A barren old woman.
30. They said, 'thus has said your Lord. And He is the Wise the
31. Ibrahim said, 'and O angels! For what business you have come?
32. They said, 'We have been sent to a sinful people.
33. That We may let, loose upon them stones of baked clay.
34. Which are with your Lord marked for the extravagant.
35. Then We brought forth from the city those who were believers.
36. But We found there only one house of Muslims.
37. And We left therein a sign for those who fear a painful torment.
38. And in Musa also, when We sent him to Firawn with bright
39. But he turned away with his army and said, 'a magician or a
40. So seizing him and his army, We cast them into the sea in a
condition that he was blaming himself.
41. And in Aad too, when We sent to them a dry windstorm.
42. That it left the thing it came upon like a rotten thing.
43. And in Thamud too, when it was said to them; enjoy yourselves
44. But they rebelled against the command of their Lord then a
thunderbolt overtook them before their eyes.
45. Then neither they could stand up nor they could take revenge.
46. And We destroyed the People of Nuh before them. Undoubtedly they
were the people disobedient.
47. And We have made the heaven with hands, and undoubtedly We are
Makers of the vast extent.
48. And We have made the earth a floor, and what an excellent
49. And We have made pairs of everything that you may reflect.
50. Therefore, flee towards Allah. Undoubtedly I am a clear warner
you from Him.
51. And do not set other gods along with Allah. Surely, I am a clear
warner to you from Him.
52. In the same way, whenever any Messenger came to those before
they said only 'a magician or a madman'.
53. Have they bequeathed it to one another? Nay' rather they are a
54. Therefore O beloved! (Prophet) turn your face from them and
is no blame on you.
55. And admonish, for admonition benefits the muslims.
56. And I have created the Jinn and the men only for this that they
57. 1 ask for no provision from them, and nor I desire that they
58. Undoubtedly, it is only Allah, the Great Provider, the Powerful,
59. Surely, then for those who do wrong there is a portion of
as there was a portion for their fellows, therefore let them not ask
60. "Woe is then to the infidels because of that day of theirs which
they are promised.