Mecca. 3 Sections. 55 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. The Hour came near and the moon was split.
2. And if they see any sign, they turn their faces and say this is
3. And they belied and followed their desires, and every affair has
already been resolved.
4. And undoubtedly, there has come to them those tidings wherein
was enough to check.
5. Perfect wisdom, but warners profit them not.
6. So, turn you away from them. The day when the caller will call
towards a harsh unrecognized thing.
7. Casting down their eyes, they will come out of the Graves as they
are locusts scattered.
8. Hastening towards the Caller. The infidels will say, 'this day is
9. The people of Nuh belied before them, they declared Our bondman
be liar and said, 'he is a madman and scolded him'.
10. He therefore prayed to his Lord, saying 'I am vanquished, do
take revenge for me.
11. Then We opened the doors of heaven with forceful flowing water.
12. And We made the earth flow with springs, so the two waters met
such a quantity, which was already decreed.
13. And We bore Nuh on a thing of planks and nails.
14. Floating before Our eyes, a recompense for him who was rejected.
15. And We left it as a sign. Is there then any one who would pay
16 . Therefore, how were My torment and My warnings?
17. And verily, We have made Quran easy for remembering, is there
any one to remember?
18. Aad belied, then how was My torment and My warnings?
19. Surely, We sent against them a strong windstorm in a day whose
ill-fortune remained lasting over them.
20. It used to beat down the men as though they are the roots of
uprooted palm trees.
21. Then how were My torment and My warning?
22. And undoubtedly, We made the Quran easy for remembering is there
then any one to remember,
23. Thamud belied the Messengers.
24. And they said, 'shall we follow a man from among our selves?
we in deed are misled and mad.
25. Has the Reminder been sent down upon him from all among us? Nay,
rather he is great liar, self-boaster.
26. Very soon, tomorrow they will know who was a big liar,
27. We are to send the she Camel for their trial, therefore O Saleh!
Watch them and have patience.
28. And inform them that the water has been divided between them in
shares. He who has his turn should be presented at the share.
29. Then they called their companion and he after taking the sword
30. Then how were My torment and My warnings?
31. We sent against them a single uproar, hence they became like the
left over grass of enclosure builders, dry, trampled.
32. And verily, We made the Quran easy for remembering, is there
any one to remember?
33. The people of Lut belied the Messengers.
34. Verily, We sent over them a storm of stones except the family of
Lut. We rescued them by early dawn.
35. As a favour from Us. Thus do We recompense him who is grateful.
36. And surely, he had warned them of Our grasp, but they doubted in
the Commandments of warning.
37. They intended to solicit him from his guests, so We obliterated
their every saying, 'taste My torment and My warning.
38. And undoubtedly, there came upon them early in the morning a
39. Taste then My torment and My warning.
40. And undoubtedly, We made Quran easy for remembering. Is there
any one to remember?
41. And verily the Messengers came to the people of Firawn (Pharoah).
42. They belied all Our signs Then We seized them with a grave
befitting to the dignity of the Honourable and the All
43 Are your infidels better than those? Or have you an exemption in
44. Or is it that they say, 'We shall take revenge all-together'.
45. Now this multitude is being driven out and they will turn their
46. Nay, rather the Hour is their promise and the Hour is the
47. Surely, the culprits are misled and mad.
48. The day when they shall be dragged into the fire on their faces
it will be said to them, 'taste the flame of the Hell.
49 Undoubtedly, We created every thing according to an estimate.
50. And Our work is only a matter as the twinkling of an eye.
51. And undoubtedly, We have destroyed your likes, is there anyone
52. And whatever they have done is in the Books.
53. And everything, small or big has been written down.
54. Undoubtedly, the pious are in gardens and stream.
55. In the sitting of truth before the sovereign Most Authoritative.