Assemblage or Banishment
3 Sections. 24 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. All that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth glorifies
Allah; and He is the Esteemed, the Wise.
2. It is He Who expelled the infidels of the Book from their homes
their first assemblage, you did not imagine that they would go forth
and they thought that their fortresses would defend them against
But the command of Allah came to them from whence they reckoned not,
and it cast terror into their hearts that they destroy their
with their own hands and the hands of the muslims. Therefore, take
heed, O you, with eyes!
3. And had it not been that Allah had decreed for them to be
from their homes He would have punished them in this world. And for
them is a torment of Fire in the Hereafter.
4. This because they resisted Allah and His Messenger and whoso
Allah and His Messenger - then undoubtedly, the torment of Allah is
5. Whatever trees you cut down or left standing upon their roots,
was all by the leave of Allah and that He might disgrace the
6. And whatever spoils Allah gave to His Messenger from them, you
rushed neither horse nor camel upon it, yes, but Allah gives control
His Messenger over whomsoever He please. And Allah can do
7. Whatsoever spoils Allah gave to His Messenger from the people of
cities is for Allah and His Messenger and for the near relation, and
orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, so that it be not the wealth
your rich. And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it, and
whatsoever he forbids you, abstain from that. And fear Allah;
undoubtedly, the torment of Allah is severe.
8. For those poor refugees who were driven out from their homes and
their possessions seeking grace of Allah and His pleasure, and
Allah and His Messenger. They are the truthful.
9. And those who had established their home in this city and in
from before, love those who emigrated to them, and find not in their
breasts, any need for what they have been given and prefer them
their souls, even though they be badly in need of, and whoso is
against the avarice of his own soul, those they are the successful.
10. And those who came after them submit, O our Lord! Forgive us and
our brothers who preceded us in the faith, and put not into our
any rancour towards those who believe. O our Lord! Undoubtedly, you
the Beneficent the Merciful.
11, Have you not seen the hypocrites? They say to their brothers,
infidels of the Book, 'if you are turned out' we will surely go with
you, and will never obey anyone against you, and if you are fought
against, we will surely help you. And Allah witnesses that they are
12. If they are turned out, they will not go forth with them, and if
they are fought against, they will not help them. Even if they
them. They would then run away turning their backs and then they
not be helped.
13. Undoubtedly, they have greater fear of you in their hearts than
Allah. This is because they are a people having no understanding.
14. They shall not even fight against you all together, but in
fortified cities or from behind walls. Their velour is severe among
themselves. You will think them as united gang, but their hearts are
scattered. This is because they are a people having no sense.
15. They are like those who were just a short time before them. They
tasted the evil consequences of their doings, and for them is the
16. Like Satan (devil) when he said to man, 'disbelieve', and then
he disbelieved, he said, 'I am quit of you, I fear Allah the Lord of
the entire world'.
17. And the end of both was this, that they both are in fire,
therein. And such is the punishment of the unjust.
18. O believers! Fear Allah and let every soul should see that what
sent forth for the morrow' and fear Allah. Undoubtedly Allah is
of your doings.
19. And be not like those who have already forgotten Allah, and so
put them in distress that they may not remember their own souls. It
they that are disobedients.
20. The inhabitants of the Fire and the inhabitants of the Paradise
not equal. The inhabitants of the Paradise they attained to their
21. If We had sent down this Quran upon any mountain, you would
certainly have seen it humbled and split asunder for fear of Allah.
those examples, We profound for mankind that they may reflect.
22. He is Allah, besides Whom there is none to be worshipped, the
Knower of everything hidden and open. He is the Most Affectionate,
23. He is Allah, besides Whom none is to be worshipped the
the most Holy, the Bestower of peace, the Giver of Security, the
Protector, the Esteemed one, the Exalted the Majestic. Glory is to
Allah from what they associate.
24. He is Allah, the Makers the Creater, the Bestower of form to
everyone. His are all good names; all that is in the heavens and the
earth glorifies Him: and He is the Esteemed One the Wise.