Madina. 2 Sections. 13 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. O believers! Take not for friends My and your enemies, you
the news to them in friendship, while they are deniers of the truth
that has come to you, and drive out the Messenger and yourselves
homes because you believe in Allah, your Lord. If you have come out
my path to struggle and to seek My pleasure, take them not for
you send them secret message of love, while I know well what you
conceal and what you reveal. And whoever of you does so, has,
undoubtedly, gone astray from the straight path.
2. If they get hold of you, they will be your enemies and will
forth their hands and their tongues towards you with evil, and they
desire that you should anyhow become disbelievers.
3. Never will profit you, neither your kind-red nor your children on
the Day of Judgement. He shall separate you from them. And Allah is
seeing your doings.
4. Undoubtedly, there was a good example to follow for you in
and his companions, when they said to their people, 'undoubtedly' we
are quit of you and that you worship beside Allah, we deny you', and
there has appeared enmity and hatred between us and you for ever;
you believe in one Allah, but the saying of Ibrahim to his father 'I
will surely ask forgiveness for you, and I have no authority for
any favour against Allah. O our Lord! In You do we put our trust and
You do we turn, and to You is the final return.
5. O our Lord! Put not us in a trial of those who disbelieve, and
forgive us our Lord, undoubtedly You are the Esteemed one, Wise.
6. Undoubtedly, there was a good example in them for you for him who
has hope in Allah and the Last Day. And whosoever turns away, then
undoubtedly Allah is self-sufficient, All-Praised.
7. It is near that Allah may create friendship between you and those
them who are your enemies. And Allah is All Powerful, and Forgiving,
8, Allah forbids you not regarding those who have not fought against
you in religion and expelled you not from your homes, that you may
favour to them and act justly towards them. Undoubtedly, the just
loved by Allah.
9. Allah only forbids you regarding those who have fought against
in religion or expelled you from your homes or have helped others in
driving you out, that you should take them for friends, and
takes them for friends, they are the oppressors.
10. O believers! When muslim women come to you from pagan territory
leaving their homes, test them. Allah knows better as to their
then if you know them to be believing women, return them not to the
infidels. Neither those women are lawful to them nor they are lawful
them. And give their unbeliever husbands what they have spent, and
there is no blame on you if you marry them when you pay them their
dowries. And have not firm hold to the matrimonial ties with the
unbelieving women and ask back what you have spent and the infidels
should ask for what they have spent. This is the order of Allah. He
judges between you. And Allah is All Knowing, Wise.
11. And if some women go away from the custody of muslims to the
disbelievers, then you punish the disbelievers, and give from the
spoils to those whose women have gone away the like of that which
had spent. And fear Allah in Whom you believe.
12. O Prophet! When muslim women come to you for taking oath of
allegiance at your hands, that they will not associate anything with
Allah, and they will not commit theft, and will not commit adultery
nor kill their children, and nor will bring a calumny forging it
between their hands and feet (regarding birth) and will not disobey
in anything good, then accept their allegiance and beg Allah to
them. Undoubtedly Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
13. O believers! Take not as friends those upon whom is Allah's
They are indeed despaired of the Hereafter as the infidels are
despaired of the inmate of the graves.