Madina. 2 Sections. 11 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. When the hypocrites come to you, they say, 'we bear witnesses you
are undoubtedly the Messenger of Allah, and Allah knows that you are
His Messenger. But Allah bears witness that the hypocrites are most
2. They have taken their oaths as shield and they kept back from
Allah's way, undoubtedly, they are doing most vile works.
3. This is so because, they believed with their tongues, then
disbelieved with their hearts, therefore a seal has been set over
their hearts, so now they understand nothing.
4. And when you see them, their bodies seem pleasing to you, and if
they speak, you listen to their speech attentively. They as though
they were wooden beams fixed to a wall. They take every cry over
themselves. They are enemies, therefore beware of them. Kill them
Allah; whither are they perverting?
5. And when it is said to them, 'come, that the Messenger of Allah
may ask forgiveness for you, they turn their heads aside, and you
see them that they turn aside their faces waxing proud.
6. Equal it is for them whether you ask forgiveness for them or not,
Allah will never forgive them. Undoubtedly, Allah guides not the
7. Those are they who say, 'spend not on those who are with the
Messenger of Allah until they disperse, where-as the treasures of
the heavens and the earth are only for Allah, but the hypocrites
8. They say, 'if we return to Madina, the one most honour able will
surely expel therefrom the one most mean, whereas the honour is for
Allah, and His Messenger and Muslims, but the hypocrites know not.
9. O believers! Let not your wealth and your children divert you
from the remembrance of Allah and whoever does so, they are really
10. And spend something out of Our provision in Our way before death
comes upon any of you and say, O my Lord! Why did You not grant me
respite for a little time, so that I might have given alms and been
among the righteous.
11. And Allah will never grant respite to any soul when its
appointed time has come; and Allah is Aware of your doings.