Madina. 2 Sections. 12 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. O Prophet! When you people divorce your women, then divorce them
at the time of their prescribed periods and count the prescribed
period, and fear Allah, your Lord. Turn them not out of their houses
during prescribed period, nor should they themselves go out, unless
they are involved in any flagrant indecency; These are the limits of
Allah, and whoso crossed the limits of Allah, undoubtedly, he did
injustice to his own soul. You know not that perhaps Allah may send
any new commandment after it.
2. Then, when they are about to reach their term, retain them with
kindness or part from them with kindness and take two just persons
as witnesses from among you and set up witness for Allah. By this,
he who believes in Allah and Last Day is admonished. And he who
fears Allah, Allah will make a way for his deliverance.
3. And will provide for him whence he expects not. And he who puts
his trust in Allah - He is sufficient for him. Verily, Allah is to
fulfil His work. Undoubtedly, Allah has kept a measure for every
4. And as to your women who have no hope of menstruation; if you are
in doubt, then their prescribed period is three months, and for
those who have not yet menstruated. And the period of the pregnant
women is when they give birth to children. And whose fears Allah,
Allah will make his work easy.
5. This is the Commandment of Allah that He has sent towards you.
And whoso fears Allah, Allah will put off his evils and will give
him immense reward.
6. Make the women to dwell where you yourselves dwell according to
your means, and do not harm them so as to straiten them. And if they
are pregnant, then give them their maintenance till they give birth
to children, And if they suckle children for you, give them their
wages and consult together reasonably. But if you mutually disagree
then soon he (father) will get another woman for sucking.
7. Let the man of means provide according to his means. And as for
him, upon whom his provision has been straitened, let him give the
maintenance of what Allah has given him. Allah burdens no soul but
to the extent of what He has given him it is near the Allah will
bring about ease after hardship.
8. And how many a city rebelled against the Commandments of its Lord
and His Messengers then We took a severe account from it, and gave
it a horrible punishment.
9. Therefore it tasted the mischief of its actions, and the end of
its affair was loss.
10. Allah has already prepared for them a severe torment; therefore
fear Allah, O men of understanding! Those who have believed.
Undoubtedly, Allah has sent down for you an honour;
11. The Messenger who recites unto you the bright signs of Allah, so
that he may bring forth those who believe and do-good deeds from the
darkness into light. And whoso believes in Allah and does good deeds
- He will make him enter gardens beneath which streams flow, to
abide therein forever. Undoubtedly, Allah has made good provision
12. Allah is, it is He, who made seven heavens, and of the earth
their like; the commandment comes down in their midst, so that you
may know that Allah can do everything, and the knowledge of Allah