Madina. 2 Sections. 12 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. O the communicator of the Unseen (Prophet) why do you forbid for
yourself what Allah has made lawful to you, seeking the pleasure of
your wives? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
2. Undoubtedly, Allah has ordained for you absolution from your
and Allah is your Protector, and Allah is Knowing, Wise.
3. And when the Prophet told a secret matter to one of his wives,
when she disclosed it and Allah disclosed it to the Prophet, the
Prophet made known to her some part, and overlooked some part
And when the Prophet informed her of it she said 'who has informed
of it. He said, 'The Knowing, the Aware has informed me'.
4. If you two wives of the Prophet turn towards Allah for your
are necessarily deviated from the path, but if you two force him,
undoubtedly, Allah is his helper, and Gibrael, and the righteous
believers and after that the angels are his helpers.
5. It is possible that, if he divorces you, his Lord may give him in
exchange better wives than you; obedient, believing, well mannered,
pertinent, devout in worship, fasting, married, and virgins.
6. O believers!, 'save yourselves and your family members from the
whose fuel is men and stones, over which are appointed angels, stern
and severe, who disobey not the Commands of Allah and do what they
7. O you the infidels! do not make excuses this day. You shall only
recompensed for what you used to do.
8. O believers! Turn towards Allah in such a way that it may become
admonition for future. It may be that your Lord will remove your
from you, and make you enter the Garden beneath which flow streams,
day when Allah will not disgrace the Prophet and those who believe
him. Their light will be running in front of them and on their right
hands. They will say, 'O our Lord!!, complete our lights for us and
forgive us'. Undoubtedly, You have authority over everything.
9. O the Communicator of unseen (Prophet)! strive hard against the
infidels and hypocrites and be strict against them, And their
destination is Hell. And what an evil end it is.
10. Allah sets forth the example of the infidels, the wife of Nuh
the wife of Lut. They were under marriage of Our two near ones
then they defrauded them. So they availed them nothing against Allah
and it was said to them, enter you both into the Fire with those who
11. And Allah sets forth the example of muslims, the wife of Firawn.
When she said, 'O my Lord! Build a house for me in the Paradise with
You and deliver me from Firawn and his work and deliver me from the
12. And Maryam the daughter of Imran who preserved her chastity, so
breathed into her of Our spirit and she confirmed the words of her
and His Books and became of obedients.