Mecca. 2 Sections. 30 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Immensely blessed is He in Whose control is the entire Kingdom,
He has authority over every thing.
2. He, Who has created death and life that He might test you, as to
whose work, is excellent among you. And He is the Esteemed one the
3. Who made seven heavens one upon the other. What difference do you
see in the making of the Most Affectionate? Then look again
do you see any crack?
4. Then look again and again, the sight will return back to you
defeated and fatigued.
5. And undoubtedly, We adorned the lower heaven with lamps, and made
them things to beat devils, and prepared for them the torment of
6. And for those who disbelieved in their Lord, there is the torment
Hell. And what an evil end it is?
7. When they shall be thrown in it, they will hear the braying as it
8. It seems that it will almost burst with severe fury. Whenever any
group shall be thrown in it, its keepers will ask them, 'Did no
come to you'?
9. They will say, 'why not, yes indeed, the warner came to us, but
belied him and said, 'Allah has sent down nothing; you are not, but
10. And they will say, 'if we had heard or reflected, we would not
been among the fellows of the Hell.
11. Now they confessed their sins, then Curse be the fellows of the
12. Undoubtedly, those who fear their Lord unseen, for them is
forgiveness and great reward.
13. And whether you keep your discourse secret or disclose, He knows
full well the thoughts of your breasts.
14. Will not He Who has created know? And it is He Knowing every
subtle, the Aware.
15. It is He Who has made the earth submissive to you, therefore
traverse through its tracks and eats of His provision. And to Him is
the rising up.
16. Have you become fearless of Him whose Kingdom is in the heaven,
that He may bury you in the earth, henceforth it remains shaking?
17. Or have you become fearless of Him whoso Kingdom is in the
that He may send against you stoning. Now you will know, how was My
18. And undoubtedly, those before them belied, then how was My
19. And have they not seen birds above them, spreading out their
and closing them? None withholds them save the Most Affectionate
Undoubtedly, He sees all things.
20. Or which is your army that shall help you against the Most
Affectionate Allah? The infidels are not but in delusion.
21. Or who is he, who may provide you, if He withholds His
Nay, but they have become shameless in contumacy and dis-dain.
22. Is he who walks prone on his face better guided than he who
upright on a straight path?
23. Say you, 'it is He Who produced you, and made for you ears and
and hearts'. How little you accept the truth?
24. Say you, 'it is He Who has spread you in the earth, and towards
you shall be raised.
25. And they say, 'when this promise will come to pass. if you are
26. Say you, 'the Knowledge of it is with Allah, and I am only a
27. Then when they will see it near at hand, the faces of the
will be vexed, and it will be said to them, 'this is what you used
28. Say you, 'look to it, if Allah destroys me and those with me or
mercy on us, then who will protect the infidels from the painful
29. Say you, 'He is the Most Affectionate, we believed in Him and
relied upon Him, then now you will know, who is in manifest error'.
30. Say you, 'look to it, if your water in the morning go deep in
earth, then who would bring you water running before your eyes?'