Mecca. 2 Sections. 52 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1 . By the pen and by that which they (angels) write.
2. You are not. by the grace of your Lord, mad.
3. And certainly, for you there is an endless reward.
4. And undoubtedly, you possess excellent manners.
5. Then now you shall soon see and they shall also see;
6. As to which of you was caught with madness.
7. Undoubtedly, your Lord knows well him who goes astray from His
and He knows well those who are guided.
8. Therefore, hear not the words of the beliers.
9. They desire that any how you should be appeased then they too
10. And hear not any such one who is a big swearer the mean.
11. One who taunts a lot, going around with slander.
12. Forbidder of good, transgressor, sinful.
13. Ill-mannered, and moreover his birth is faulty.
14. This is because he possesses some wealth and children.
15. When Our signs are recited to him, he says 'stories of the
16. We shall soon brand upon his swine like snout.
17. Undoubtedly, We have tried them as We tried the owners of the
garden when they swore that they would certainly reap their crop in
18. And they said not 'if Allah please'.
19. Then something going round from your Lord went round it while
20. And in the morning it was as it were fruits plucked.
21. Then they called one another in the morning.
22. Saying, 'go to your fields early in the morning if you are going
23. And they went forth early in the morning, whispering together.
24. That no needy person should come in your garden today.
25. And they went forth early in the morning, determined upon their
26. But when they saw it, they said, 'undoubtedly, we have lost our
27. Nay, rather we have been deprived of every thing.
28. The most moderate of them said, "Did I not say to you, why do
not glorify Allah? "
29. They said, 'Glory is to our Lord, undoubtedly, we had been
30. Now one turned towards other reproaching.
31. They said, 'Ah! Woe to us, undoubtedly, we were contumacious.
32. It may be that our Lord will give us in exchange a better than
we do humbly turn to our Lord.
33. Such is the punishment, and the punishment of the Hereafter is
greater. What a good thing it was, if they knew?
34. Undoubtedly, for the God fearing, there are Gardens of Bliss
35. Shall We make the muslims like the culprits?
36. What happened to you? How you judge?
37. Have you any Book wherein you read?
38. That you shall have in it whatever you choose?
39. Or have you some oaths from Us, reaching to the Day of
that you shall have all that you claim?
40. Ask them which of them is guarantor thereof?
41. Or have they some associates? Let them, then bring their
associates, if they are truthful.
42. The day when a leg shall be exposed (the meaning is known to
and they will be called upon to prostrate themselves, they will not
able to do so.
43. Their eyes will be cast down, and humiliation will be covering
them, and they were indeed called upon to prostrate themselves in
world when they were sound healthy.
44. So leave him to Me, who belies this word. Soon We shall draw
step by step whence they know not.
45. And I shall grant them respite, undoubtedly, My secret planning
46. Or do you ask them a wage so that they are laden with debt?
47. Or is the unseen with them so that they are writing?
48. Therefore wait for the command of your Lord and be not as the
of the Fish when he called out while his heart was choking.
49. Had not the favour of his Lord reached him for his care, he
have surely been cast upon land blamed.
50. Then his Lord chose him and made him of His near ones.
51. And it seems that the infidels with their bad looks will
necessarily, stumble you when they hear Quran and they say, 'He is
surely faraway from wisdom'.
52. And it is not, but an admonition for the worlds.