Mecca. 2 Sections. 28 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Say you, 'it has been revealed to me that some of Jinn listened
my recitation attentively and said 'we have heard a wonderful
2. That guides towards righteousness, so we have believed in it, and
we shall never associate anyone with our Lord.
3. And that the majesty of our Lord is exalted high. He has neither
taken a woman nor a child.
4. And that the fool among us used to utter extravagant words
5. And that we thought that neither men nor Jinn would ever
fabricate a lie against Allah.
6. And that some individuals from among the men used to seek
protection of some men from among the Jinn and they thus increased
them in their pride.
7. And that they imagined just as you have imagined, that Allah
would never raise any Messenger.
8. And that we touched the heaven then we found it filled with
strong guards and sparks of fire.
9. And that we used to sit on some seats to listen in the first
heaven, but whoso now listens finds a flame of fire in wait for him.
10. And that we know not whether any evil has been intended for
those living on earth or their Lord has desired any good for them.
11. And that there are some amongst us righteous and some of us are
otherwise. We are divided into different ways.
12. And that we are convinced that in no case we can ever go out of
the control of Allah in the earth nor we can go out of His control
13. And that when we heard the guidance, we believed in it. And
whoso believes in his Lord, has no fear of any loss or
14. And that there are some Muslims and some unjust persons amongst
us. So those who embraced Islam, it is they who sought the right
15. And as to the unjust, they became the fuels of Hell.
16. And say you, 'I have been revealed that if they would have been
on the right path, we would have certainly provided them with
17. In order that we may test them therewith, and whoever turns away
from the remembrance of his Lord, He will make him join a rising
18. And that the mosques are only for Allah, so worship none with
19. And that when the bondman of Allah stood up praying Him, it was
nigh that those jinn may crowd upon him.
20. Say you, 'I pray to my Lord only, and I associate none with
21. Say you, I am not owner of either bad or good for you'.
22. Say you, None will save me from Allah, nor I shall find any
place of refuge besides Him'.
23. (To me is), but to convey the orders of Allah and His Messages
and whoso dis-obeys Allah and His Messenger, then surely for him
there is the fire of Hell, wherein they shall abide for ever.
24. Until when they will see that which they are promised then they
will now know, who is weaker in helpers and fewer in numbers.
25. Say you, 'whether that which you are promised is nigh, or my
Lord will give it some time.
26. The Knower of Unseen reveals not His secret to anyone.
27. Except to His chosen Messengers, and appoints guard before them
and behind them.
28. So that He may see that they have delivered the Messages of
their Lord. And that He knows all that is with them, and He has
already counted everything in numbers.