Mecca. 1 Section. 26 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. Undoubtedly, there has come to you the news of a calamity that
shall over spread.
2. Many faces on that day shall be cast down.
3. Toiling, labouring hard;
4. They shall enter a blazing fire;
5. They are made to drink of a spring fiercely boiling.
6. They will have no food, but fire thorns.
7. which will neither fatten nor avail against hunger.
8. Many faces on that day are in pleasure.
9 Pleased with their endeavour;
10. In a lofty garden.
11. Wherein they will hear no vain talk.
12. Therein is a running spring,
13. Therein are uplifted couches.
14. And arranged goblets.
15. And carpets spread out symmetrically.
16. And large white cloths spread over.
17. Do they not look at the camel, how created?
18. And at the heaven, how it has been raised high?
19. And at the mountains, how they have been set up?
20. And at the earth, how it has been spread out?
21. Admonish you then; you are but an admonisher.
22. You are not superintendent over them.
23. But whoever turns away and disbelieves,
24. Allah will torment him with great torment.
25. Undoubtedly, they are to return to Us.
26. Then, undoubtedly, it is for Us to take their account.