Mecca. 1 Section. 30 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. By the Dawn;
2. And by the ten nights;
3. And by the even and the odds
4. And by the night when it departs,
5. Is there not in it an oath for man of understanding?
6. Have you not seen, what did your Lord with Aad?
7. The people of Iram excessively tall,
8. The like of whom have not been created in cities.
9. And with Thamud who hewed out rocks in the valley.
10. And with Firawn (Pharoah) who pilloried.
11. Those who transgressed in the cities.
12. And spread mischief therein
13. Therefore your Lord let down upon them the whip of torment with
14. Undoubtedly, nothing is absent from the sight of Your Lord.
15. But man, when his Lord tries him and honours him and bestows
favour on him, he says, 'my Lord has honoured me'.
16. But when He tries him and straitens his livelihood, he says, 'my
Lord has disgraced me.
17. Not so, but you do not honour the orphan.
18. And you urge not one another to feed the poor,
19. And devour the heritage of others greedily,
20. And you love wealth exceedingly.
21. Yes, when the earth is completely broken into pieces.
22. And the Command of your Lord comes and also the angels in rows
23. And Hell is brought that day, on that day man will think, but
now where is the time for thinking?
24. He will say, O would that I had sent forward some good works in
25. So on that day none torments any like His torment.
26. And nor anyone binds like His binding.
27. O you peaceful soul.'
28. Return to your Lord well pleased with Him, and He well pleased
29. So, enter you among My chosen bondmen.
30. And come to My Garden.