Mecca. 1 Section. 21 Verses.
Allah in the
name of the Most Affectionate, the Merciful.
1. By the night when it overshadows.
2. And by the day when it brightens.
3. And by Him Who made the male and female.
4. Undoubtedly, your strivings are diverse.
5. Then as for him who gave (in charity) and feared God.
6. And testified the best,
7. We shall soon provide him facility.
8. And as for him who stinted and became independent,
9. And belied the best,
10. We shall soon provide him hardship.
11. And his wealth will not avail him when he will perish.
12. Undoubtedly, upon Us rests the guidance.
13. And undoubtedly, to Us belongs the Hereafter as well as the
14. So I warn you of the Fire which is flaming.
15. None shall enter it but the most wicked one.
16. Who belied and turned his face.
17. But the most pious one shall be kept far away from it,
18. Who gives his wealth to become purified.
19. And he owes no favour to anyone for recompense;
20. But he only seeks the pleasure of his Lord Who is the Most High.
21. And undoubtedly, soon he will be pleased.